Wolves v Chelsea (PL) Tue 15th Dec 2020 18:00 GMT

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I was encouraged by Pulisic's performance - it was good to see him making a difference again in the final third rather than looking beardy insipid.

As usual Mount and Kanté were encouraging. For once James wasn't.

Overall I don't think we were good and I think we played into their hands, but I think a draw was a fair result. Let's not get into the ref's overall performance...

That was painful.

The front players in terms of Werner and Havertz like the ball in front of them with space to run onto and see the next move.

With teams playing deep they don't get that type of ball yet receive it further back with more than one player in front. 

Werner was actually more frustrating for me as never once in the 2nd did he get past his first man.

James was disappointing today also, for me that was touch and go with the penalty not just with the initial contact yet whether Neto's trailing leg was caught by  James, we got away with it. Also he never seemed to play the ball forward when receiving it from defence and there were opportunities.

Round about the 80 min mark thought we need to go 4-4-2 with Tammy and Pulisic up front and Anjorin on and Werner off.

Pulisic was our best attacking player by some distance and Kante played well.

Thought Mount looked tired.

I though Wolves took their goals very well. 

Im afraid its what we deserved. We're just not doing enough, we've barely had a handful of shots in the last two games.

Too many players have been out of form for too long now, Werner, Havertz, Abraham all playing with zero confidence, and the players that have been playing well, Mount, James, Zouma cant be expected to carry the flag every week.

It's disappointing because both Everton and Wolves were there for the taking and we've got nothing from either game.

Take it on the Chin and time to show some Character, West Ham is never easy and will be a stern test, Time to show what this team is made of. KTBFFH

This is squarely on the manager we have a better team than wolves even with injures they are missing their best player and we still lose. Lampard just looks like he doesn't know how to react to difficult moments in the games he's banking in individual brilliance.

Maybe time to go 3-4-3 bring Alonso who gets you goals 

Edited by Brutos

I don't get the slow build up and refusal to make that quick forward pass.

I'm afraid for me Frank needs to show he's capable of actually managing this team. He is un inspiring on the touchline, not quite Sarri level but close.

We are only managing to beat the leagues whipping boys, we look toothless against any decent competition.

Havertz hasn't looked anywhere near up to speed yet, and if thats covid related he shouldn't be playing ! Timo has definitely lost his spark and playing him out of position isnt going to improve that.

Just now, Brutos said:

This is squarely on the manager we have a better team than wolves even with injures they are missing their best player and we still lose. Lampard is just looks like he doesn't know how to react to difficult moments in the games 

His reactions and substitutions lately seem to be from the Conte Second Season Art of Not Giving a f**k handbook. 

3 minutes ago, acidicleo said:

I am a massive Lampard fan too..

But he look clueless out there..May need to review his position in the new year .

We have a squad to challenge for title...

Cant believe he fukin moved pulisic to right wing..!!!

I wonder if he’d accept bringing on an experienced manager alongside him to help? Akin to Rafa but perhaps not someone who is currently managing another side.