Wolves v Chelsea (PL) Tue 15th Dec 2020 18:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

You can hide behind the fact that Werner is not being played in his primary position but I thought his nickname was Turbo Timo? The guy can't beat a single opposition player for pace. Don't even get me started on Kai. I understand it takes time to adapt to the Prem but he's horrible and sulks around the field. I can do that for Chelsea for much less money. This system is not working. 

1 minute ago, bluedave said:

sh*t, we could get overtaken by West Ham.

I’d be inclined to either push Reece James into RW for the next game and start Dave at right back, or switch to three at the back with wingbacks, at least until Ziyech is back. Havertz (and Werner) need benching.

If we want to stick with 4-3-3 this probably makes the most sense until Ziyech is back. Maybe Jorginho for Havertz too.

I love Lampard. But this gotta be it. Hei doesnt know what the f**k he is doing. The players doesnt even bleed for the club. And crossing inn 90minutes, that has not worked before, and will not work now. I hope we get a new manager with a tactical brain.

Timo werner up as striker,  he cannot play wing, he is clueless... Tammy doesnt work enough off the ball, and he looses the ball way to often.  And what the f, is Zouma always backingup for?? Alwaays... Look at wolves deffenders Lampard, and tell your players to do the same, and actually learn something..  

I dont buy this " just give them time " crap quote from Lampard any more, om done.  Title contenders my aaaasss

Best regards,  

Espen 

2 minutes ago, charierre said:

This was a poor performance , no excuses

Poor game management

We can't carry on playing with nine men for much of the match

Ziyech can't get fit fast enough, we are missng him big time

We looked leggy in the final quarter

December could be the end of our challenge, some hard games to come

Top 4 challenge?

No way we are title challengers...

4 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

Probably is who the hell does he play instead? People talk about our amazing squad depth, we have zero wingers available most days

I agree but Werner on the wing isn’t working atm. He loses the ball way to easily. We might as well play Mount or James on the wing until we get our other wingers back.

2 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

What bias? 

I'm Scottish why the hell would I be biased towards Germans ya rocket. 

Becaues you went on absolute rant with me before when I said the Bundesliga is not a competitive league, and you always seem to defend German players so I figured you were either German or had some German affiliation. 

Havertz was dreadful, so was Werner. 

f**k me, that's annoying.

In the space of a few games we have gone from looking like possible title contenders to looking as shambolic as Arsenal.

No cutting edge. No spark. Not sure what has gone wrong but that was poor and against a Wolves side who have been getting beaten easily in the last month.

Back to the drawing board Frank. Changes HAVE to be made.

22 minutes ago, TomCFC85 said:

Probably is who the hell does he play instead? People talk about our amazing squad depth, we have zero wingers available most days

If we have no wingers, then we change our approach. You don't just stick players in unnatural positions and hope it pays off. Lampard is getting this all wrong in my opinion, he could easily change formation and how we play, but he is sticking with 4-3-3 even if it means playing players out of position. 

Edited by Scott Harris

Very poor.  Really poor all over.  You can pick apart almost every part of the team and criticize individuals.

Collectively though, we have lost balance.  There is a sense of anxiety and desperation in all that we are doing.  Continue to make small mistakes that are punished to the fullest extent.  Wolves second goal should never have happened - all came from an abysmal cross and no Chelsea players attempting to move near the ball.

Utd, Spurs, Everton and Wolves - all very poor games where we fashioned so few clear chances.  Giroud is a great player and professional, but after a few games we become a one trick pony of floaty crosses that never get in behind a low block team.  Game by game we continue to diminish the effectiveness of Werner as well.  To me his confidence and enjoyment are fading.

Not good at all.

3 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Shouldn't be with the squad we have which is worrying. 

We started the season terrible then started to gel and look the part and now we are back to being horrible again. 

I don't get it but it doesn't help when you play a striker on the wing constantly. 

Frank needs to start learning quickly as this need sorted or we could nose dive down the table

We could be 8th or 9th after tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Lampard needs to go back to what actually works.

He's playing players outside of their best positions just because of this 4-3-3, time will prove if he can make it work like Sarri or if he can't make it work like Villas Boas.

I don't think he has changed anything other than Ziyech not playing, bit them he wasn't playing at the beginning either.

It seems to be more that fact that any team above sh!t level can suss us out for the tactically naive bottlers we are.

Just now, Slojo said:

Becaues you went on absolute rant with me before when I said the Bundesliga is not a competitive league, and you always seem to defend German players so I figured you were either German or had some German affiliation. 

Havertz was dreadful, so was Werner. 

And so were our midfielders and centre backs... Even the keeper had a Shocker. 

It's not a German thing it's a Lampard thing just now