Thomas Tuchel

Baba

French press is linking the unofficially former PSG coach with the Blues in case of another bad performance from Lamps tonight.

The links:

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/mercato-chelsea-nouveau-pretendant-pour-tuchel-2025558.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ouest-france.fr/sport/football/football-evince-par-le-psg-thomas-tuchel-pourrait-rebondir-a-chelsea-7102142

Thoughts? 

To my opinion I think It is too early to talk about it but we can imagine that Lamps will be under pressure If things won't get better... 

If so, Tuchel would be a logic choice, we were linking with him before Sarri's arrival. But I am a bit scared with his experience in PSG even If It's not easy to manage players like Neymar and Mbappe as PSG's policy is to protect their superstars instead of their coach. 

Let's see what happens. 

41 minutes ago, Jezz said:

If Tuchel is so great, why did PSG sack him?

I think he would be a disaster for the club, especially with his history of fiery relationships with owners/boards of clubs he's coached.

He's the guy that was basically crying when Mbappe was in doubt against Atalanta, while still having Neymar, Icardi, Draxler and so on... He's pretty bad if you ask me, I would prefer John Terry over him.

1 hour ago, Jezz said:

I think he would be a disaster for the club, especially with his history of fiery relationships with owners/boards of clubs he's coached.

I agree. He has achieved some success but mostly domestically with PSG. Overall his credentials are no more impressive than Emery and look how well that turned out for Arsenal.

3 hours ago, Jezz said:

To be fair, PSG is just like Chelsea when it comes to sacking managers for very dumb reasons. They didn't like an interview he gave to German press.

1 hour ago, PraetorianGuard said:

To be fair, PSG is just like Chelsea when it comes to sacking managers for very dumb reasons. They didn't like an interview he gave to German press.

Still wouldn’t touch him though; rather just let Lamps see out the rest of the season. Marco Rose, Nagelsmann, Hasenhuttl & Fonsceca are better options in the summer.

Edited by ducavis

The people saying Tuchel is bad clearly dont watch much football at all. Maybe leave the pubs every now and then and watch some football from a different league.

He got a team like Mainz promoted and into european football in a year... Not to mention how good he is with youth players as well as shown at his stint at Dortmund when he got talents like Pulisic and Dembele flying.

He's a good manager, and already has a good history with the likes of Pulisic and Thiago Silva. He also plays pretty good football, and doesn't just spam crosses like Lamps.

2 hours ago, driller97 said:

The people saying Tuchel is bad clearly dont watch much football at all. Maybe leave the pubs every now and then and watch some football from a different league.

He got a team like Mainz promoted and into european football in a year... Not to mention how good he is with youth players as well as shown at his stint at Dortmund when he got talents like Pulisic and Dembele flying.

He's a good manager, and already has a good history with the likes of Pulisic and Thiago Silva. He also plays pretty good football, and doesn't just spam crosses like Lamps.

At least someone else appreciates he is a very good manager.

6 hours ago, driller97 said:

On the one hand you take a dig at people not understanding the managerial prowess of Tuchel yet at the other other hand you dismiss and underplay Lampards managerial ability, someone who managed to get us top 4 whilst integrating our youth into our first 11. 

7 hours ago, driller97 said:

I will be probably the first to admit that I'm wrong. I only watched him in PSG so I might be missing something.

15 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

On the one hand you take a dig at people not understanding the managerial prowess of Tuchel yet at the other other hand you dismiss and underplay Lampards managerial ability, someone who managed to get us top 4 whilst integrating our youth into our first 11. 

Based on how everyone was so sh*t last year outside of Liverpool, thats very overstated. We only got top 4 because of teams like Leicester and Spurs choking, we finished behind a dire Utd team ffs but nobody seems to mention that.

Also funny how everytime there's a reply to me or I get mentioned in a negative way, that old bum @yorkleyblue can't help but "like" that comment, pretty pathetic if you ask me. No balls to say anything straight up

Edited by driller97

14 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I will be probably the first to admit that I'm wrong. I only watched him in PSG so I might be missing something.

Then you probably shouldn't comment on him just based on that. he was very very good at mainz and Dortmund. Being PSG manager doesnt really show anything as the league is just so easy, so you can only judge them on the champions league, and in all fairness he did take them to a final which they've never done before.

19 hours ago, dkw said:

Disingenuous tosh, no surprise to see you're one of the ones wanting the next shiny thing.

I never really rated Lampard, this job was far too early in his career for him to take.

Of course I loved the idea of Lampard taking over and taking us to league titles and trophies, but that was nothing more than a pipe dream, he's way out of his depth.

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

I never really rated Lampard, this job was far too early in his career for him to take.

Of course I loved the idea of Lampard taking over and taking us to league titles and trophies, but that was nothing more than a pipe dream, he's way out of his depth.

Throwaway comments like that are meaningless and so easy to make.

He wasn't way out of his depth when he got us top 4 and to an FA Cup final last season, despite a very depleted squad with the transfer ban, but he is now?

And so all successful managers, even the likes of Klopp, Pep, Mourinho, Conte etc - when they go a season without a trophy or lose a few games or lose a game badly, does that mean they are out of their depth too? 

Some folk are just never happy and always looking for the next best thing like a kid in a sweetshop.

Edited by Nibs

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

Some folk are just never happy and always looking for the next best thing like a kid in a sweetshop.

We get a lot of those, @Nibs. Know everything, no patience and want it all and want it NOW!!!!

Unless they can come up with anything sensible or even mildly thought out, I just ignore the f**kers.

Sadly, they rarely do. 

I blame Kenyon.

4 hours ago, driller97 said:

Based on how everyone was so sh*t last year outside of Liverpool, thats very overstated. We only got top 4 because of teams like Leicester and Spurs choking, we finished behind a dire Utd team ffs but nobody seems to mention that.

Also funny how everytime there's a reply to me or I get mentioned in a negative way, that old bum @yorkleyblue can't help but "like" that comment, pretty pathetic if you ask me. No balls to say anything straight up

Regardless of circumstances he did achieve top 4, if you magnify any achievement you can always find external influences which impacted the outcome but the reality is he achieved his target and therefore has earnt the right to turn the ship around this season.