Leicester v Chelsea (PL) Tues 19th Jan 2021 20:15 GMT

Can't say I share the same optimism with the line up. That midfield without the ball looks worrying. The attack is hard to say, if Pulisic is moved out to the right, then he won't have any impact. 

Most of the issues come down to tactics though. If it's going to be more of the same like moving it out wide and getting our fullbacks in to just cross all day, then I don't see much improvement.

Edited by Scott Harris

Lamps never picks exactly the XI I would, but I think the basic idea is there. Abraham, Hudson-Odoi, Havertz all starting (all of whom I think we need) is good, and no sign of Werner/Jorginho, which I was terrified about. Gives us good options off the bench for changing the game too: Werner, Ziyech, etc.

On the other hand, Kovacic at the base of midfield is going to give me heart palpitations, as will every tackle on Reece James. Better top up my whisky prescription!

Leicester have picked their first team as well (I was half expecting a three-at-the-back cautious approach). This should be a really good game.

18 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

‘Some of our results of late have been indifferent and that’s not a direct thing on Kurt, but I felt that there were some changes that could be made. Tony is a personality within the group, and it’s a moment where we need personalities to get a result.’

But now we're missing him as a goal scoring threat and I think Zouma is a better defender anyways. Another bizarre one from Lamps..

Agreed Zouma has been a real threat from corners and hasn’t played bad. I was wondering the same thing when I saw he was on the bench again today. 

12 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Can't say I share the same optimism with the line up. That midfield without the ball looks worrying. The attack is hard to say, if Pulisic is moved out to the right, then he won't have any impact. 

Most of the issues come down to tactics though. If it's going to be more of the same like moving it out wide and getting our fullbacks in to just cross all day, then I don't see much improvement.

With no Kante we don't have a choice anyway, I can understand trying Kovacic in the middle. 

Why is Mount starting???  

Lol, just looking to get quoted and abused.  Just messing!!  Glad we are all united and all pulling in one direction - please just give us a beautiful night of good football and 3 points!!!  3-1 Chelsea

4 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Iam pretty sure that is a 4-2-3-1 with Mount and Kova sitting in front of the defense. 

Side appears a little suspect to the counter as both Mount and Kova like venturing forward. 

I Hope Lamps Has Said 1 Of You Has To Sit, Take It In Turns In Pressing But One Has To Sit Regardless

4 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Iam pretty sure that is a 4-2-3-1 with Mount and Kova sitting in front of the defense. 

Side appears a little suspect to the counter as both Mount and Kova like venturing forward. 

Also both full backs like venturing forward. We’re essentially playing a back two. Rudiger likes to have wander forward too though...