Real Madrid v Chelsea (CL Semi-Final 1st leg) Tue 27th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Nervous, excited, optimistic. 

Im done complaining about line ups these days, as it doesnt seem to effect much. 

I like that Christiensen and Thiago silva are both playing as i think they have a better passing range than the other options. 

Not too worried about azi from a defensive point because he has cover, as we saw on Saturday where fredericks done him for pace a couple of times. 

Score draw would be dreamland. 

Guest Sindre
15 minutes ago, dkw said:

Dave at RWB is a worry, that's the wing Madrid tore apart v Liverpool.

TAA also had no protection though. Azpi should be covered at all times by Christensen.

Slightly surprised to see the same team that started against West Ham. Hopefully Madrid do not exploit Azpi's lack of pace.

Our best chance of winning this semi is probably to follow a similar game plan to the Athletico/Porto games and restrict their chances. Then hopefully nick a goal on the break. So I won't be surprised if it is another scrappy match,

3 minutes ago, big blue said:

Hopefully our line is nowhere near as high as liverpools though. 

It won't be, but Azpi will need cover from Kante. 

6 minutes ago, enigma said:

Real Madrid haven't scored in their last two games. Tonight will be the same. They will lose tonight. Bookmark this! 

We will win, we always perform well regardless of form in these kind of big games. 

32 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I was right about reals team. having Azpi at RWB is totally stipid. We need  James pushing him back

Wow, you were spot on! I just don’t understand why Tuchel plays Azpi when it’s clear that James would be the best option to attack down that wing.

Does feel like both sides have "opted for experience" tonight. A brief look at the stats for this (using back of the napkin arithmetic so please feel free to correct me):

The average age of Real Madrid's outfield players tonight is 29.1 - up from 28.1 in the [victorious] home leg against Liverpool (and 27.5 average for the squad overall).

The average age of our outfield players tonight is 27.2 - up from 25.2 in the [victorious] away leg against Porto (and 27.0 average for the squad overall).

16 minutes ago, enigma said:

Real Madrid haven't scored in their last two games. Tonight will be the same. They will lose tonight. Bookmark this! 

I like your optimism ....I'm not sure you'll be right though.  It could be a bloodbath on our right flank..if we can all see it, I'm not really sure why TT can't unless he some master plan up his arse but I don't think so. 

Surprised he is starting pulisic not sure about the front 3, also why no James looks like we are happy not to concede and steal a goal.

I think we should just play our own possession football and boss it like we did Atleti.

The midfield battle will be key I’m just not sure if the goal threat is there pulisic hasn’t been himself for a while 

Just now, Munkworth said:

Madrid will be in white socks, what are the chances we play in blue with blue socks? Unfortunately I think we’ll be in that pink nightmare :sad:

Imagine black socks out of nowhere... Crazy life.