Real Madrid v Chelsea (CL Semi-Final 1st leg) Tue 27th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

coco

• coco changed the title to Chelsea v ? (CL Semi-Final 1st leg) Tue 4th May 2021 20:00 GMT

Going to be very tough (but possible) whoever we get as both our potential opponents have a lot more experience at this stage of the competition but that's what it's all about, the CL is more than just about winning it but having runs and making memories and we've done that, a semi truly puts our name back on the map.

On another note every time in the past us and Madrid have come within both of us winning our ties of clashing one of us f**ked up, will now finally be the time that doesn't happen?

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Would rather not play Liverpool. Still have nightmares from facing a "beatable" Liverpool in the semifinals of the Champions League in Mourinho's first period.

Twice.

1 hour ago, coco said:

Sun is shining, spring is here,

Lockdown over, bring out the beer.

Your best work so far, @coco, it moved me to tears. Especially out of jealousy, I'm still in lockdown :escapejar: Hopefully the first match of the semi final will be the last night of lockdown, so that we beat either the red or the white scum on May 4 (or is it May 5?) I can go out and annoy everybody with my drunken celebrations. Up the Chels!

I am hoping we play Real Madrid in the semi final for a couple of reasons, firstly because they are possibly the only elite team we haven't played in a while & secondly I genuinely think we can beat Real Madrid. I believe our 3 CB's will be able to deal with the Benzema threat and Rudiger & Azpi should have too much know how for Vinicius to have a similar impact to the one he had against Liverpool. In addition I think playing Kova and Kante offers us energy and technical ability to overcome an ageing midfield consisting of Kroos and Modric, the game will probably be decided by how clinical we are in front of goal.

However I am getting ahead of myself as Real Madrid have a decent enough test at Anfield tonight which I don't think will be as easy as some people are making it out to be.

Yep, without Ramos and Varane I'm not even sure who their other CBs are..so it'll be tough tonight. I'd rather play 'em in the semi as well since I'd hate the thougth that losing against Liverpool would not only mean that we're out (lol) but that Pool would have a decent shot at the CL title as well which would make the top4 race even more complicated.

8 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

I’m watching Liverpool Vs Real M and honestly we are better than both of them if we show up we are defiantly good enough to win. 

We' were  better than WBA too ! But yeah, well capable of beating them both I reckon, 

Edited by The Rising Sun
Explanation added

10 minutes ago, SFL82 said:

I’m watching Liverpool Vs Real M and honestly we are better than both of them if we show up we are defiantly good enough to win. 

It seems so, but playing against Real also intervenes the psychological factor. Plus they have more experienced players than us and that's a big advantage in the higher phases of UCL. Mount is 22 years old, Havertz 21, Pulisic22, Chilwell 24, James 21. It is difficult for these kids to face the pressure to play a semifinal with Real Madrid.

2 minutes ago, Dragos said:

It seems so, but playing against Real also intervenes the psychological factor. Plus they have more experienced players than us and that's a big advantage in the higher phases of UCL. Mount is 22 years old, Havertz 21, Pulisic22, Chilwell 24, James 21. It is difficult for these kids to face the pressure to play a semifinal with Real Madrid.

For me experience is key at the back and the middle we have that sometimes kids up front are more fluid and feel less pressure they just go for it, they showed themselves against athleti how well they can cope and the first leg against Porto were clinical 

Real Madrid it is. Not overly impressed by them over two legs v Liverpool.

Suicidal high line from Pool in Spain gave RM the advantage but tonight they were battered only for Liverpool to be let down by poor finishing.

Think we should be in with every chance. 50-50 as it stands in my book.

• coco changed the title to Real Madrid v Chelsea (CL Semi-Final 1st leg) Tue 27th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT