Real Madrid v Chelsea (CL Semi-Final 1st leg) Tue 27th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, RMH said:

The problem I see with Real Madrid is that they usually turn up in the CL when it matters. They have the players with the experience to know when to turn the screw or when to keep the energy at low mode. We are a team full of youngsters with two years of experience at high level, so they haven't got the nous just yet. It is great that they are facing Real Madrid so they learn, but I don't see us having many chances to get to the final.

I watched a short spell before my stream died and Liverpool could not get close to them, they looked so much stronger and faster. Also a number of new faces.

Interestingly I had no problems with watching the same stream for the City match.

2 hours ago, Argo said:

I do agree that it could be a factor but on the flip side, the way you've just described us is similar to how the Ajax team that hammered them were seen as.

It feels like were this seasons Ajax, or at least as far as playing young players, some homegrown. Against Porto we had 21-year-old Reece and 24-year-old  Chilwell. front line of Pulisic,  Havertz and Mason Mount? Just 22, 21 and 22 respectively, plus other youngsters on the fringe like Callum and Timo. Pretty sure were the youngest team left in it.

2 hours ago, Argo said:

I do agree that it could be a factor but on the flip side, the way you've just described us is similar to how the Ajax team that hammered them were seen as.

Yes, it happens from time to time, but I don't see us playing a football so fresh and carefree as that Ajax. But of course no match is lost until you play it.

6 minutes ago, coco said:

It feels like were this seasons Ajax, or at least as far as playing young players, some homegrown. Against Porto we had 21-year-old Reece and 24-year-old  Chilwell. front line of Pulisic,  Havertz and Mason Mount? Just 22, 21 and 22 respectively, plus other youngsters on the fringe like Callum and Timo. Pretty sure were the youngest team left in it.

Hopefully we don't end our campaign by a last minute goal though...

1 hour ago, RMH said:

Yes, it happens from time to time, but I don't see us playing a football so fresh and carefree as that Ajax. But of course no match is lost until you play it.

The only similarities are the young age of the players, and their knack of managing to win games against teams with older more established players.

A lot of talk of how young we are, and players listed that are young and inexperienced.

We had as many that have much experience (5, Silva,  Rudiger, Azpi, Kante and Jorgi) as we did that are young. With mendy the red herring who is old but lacking in experience.

Crucial part is the experience in the defence.

11 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Nah I want him to play. He deserve it with all he has been through. Only real shame is no fans at the bridge to give him the return he deserves.

It's not that I don't want him to play but there's no denying if he doesn't our odds look better. This is keeping mind the fans won't be there to cheer him on

1 hour ago, LongtimerLurker said:

It's not that I don't want him to play but there's no denying if he doesn't our odds look better. This is keeping mind the fans won't be there to cheer him on

Aye that is a real shame. Our odds get better with every key player out for them. Though missing 3 of their back 4 and Eden did not help Liverpool.

Most important is we give it a good go, leave everything on the field and have no regrets.

We need to put together how well we defended against Atletico and Porto with how well we attacked against Palace with even better finishing.

Against City and against Real we need to have this, win or lose, come away proud of the effort.

7 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I watched a short spell before my stream died and Liverpool could not get close to them, they looked so much stronger and faster. Also a number of new faces.

Interestingly I had no problems with watching the same stream for the City match.

I saw LP have several good chances yesterday. 

7 hours ago, Nevamind said:

They are favourites but we shouldn't make ourselve weaker than we are, as Tuchel says next game is always the most important one. 

But that's just sh*t coaches say.  I bet he does't think the FA Semi is the most important game between the Real matches and the next PL match, and I hope his squad selections reflect that.

Edited by DumbYank

3 minutes ago, DumbYank said:

But that's just sh*t coaches say.  I bet he does't think the FA Semi is the most important game between the Real matches and the next PL match, and I hope his squad selections reflect that.

I doubt the league games matter to him that much either. They would if we could win the title, without that I dont think so. The West Brom selection and lack of effort showed me that.

Everything will focus on Real, and I would expect he hopes PSG beats City as City look basically unbeatable.

3 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

I doubt the league games matter to him that much either. They would if we could win the title, without that I dont think so. The West Brom selection and lack of effort showed me that.

Everything will focus on Real, and I would expect he hopes PSG beats City as City look basically unbeatable.

I think he might have been overconfident v. WBA.  I'd be surprised that the league games aren't important to him since we are currently our of the CL next year.

If our midfield is fit we can run them off the park. Kronos and modric  are brilliant players but well past their best Benzema is equally clever and strong but also old. 

we are slight under dogs but we have a good chance. 

7 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I could probably just google this but I Ike talking with you Buttheads...

we home or away first leg?

OP’s title says it all 😉

as we are struggling to score it will be twice as hard as Tibo is in life form again. you can’t pass it even 1on1 between his legs anymore. they’re playing counter football now and are deadly with Benzema, while Vinicius has a rare glimps of brilliance now and then. they defend solid but their utter c**t Ramos will be back for semis. I have watched some of their games this season and like manure they started the season in pure horror, football was awful, Zidane slaughtered by the press and fans, but as the season went on, they began to produce. not as in the past, but they grinded some wins with pure luck just like manure. Zidane is blessed with some dark magic, for sure.

anyway let’s see if we can do some hard work with a bliss of luck. It’s the perfect opponent for us at the moment. I would not want to play red scumbags  and watch their annoying gaffer sticking to 4th official constantly or celebrating goals in our face. so sick of this prick

Edited by mojo