Chelsea v Arsenal (PL) Wed 12th May 2021 20:15 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just now, loz said:

Agree with that. I had no issue with the starting line up but the first two substitutions made little sense.

At HT I commented that the tippy-tappy stuff around the box wasn't working and Havertz wasn't having a good game so called for CHO and Giroud to do something different.

However, I wasn't expecting Gimour to be player hooked and was hoping CHO would produce something like he did against City rather than the zero he produced tonight!

1 minute ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Digging? You were my last notification. It took a click to go back and ask you that question. Be careful what you wish for is what I'm saying. 

Where did I wish us to lose against Arsenal? I was super confident we'd win today - even by a bigger margin than usual. That's where I was coming from and if we'd won today I'd still stand by that line of thought.

I don't think the manager and the foreign players truley understand, but that has been the case for years now.

Bigger picture, we clearly had one eye on the weekend.  this match will be long forgotten then.

Let's get up for it !  shame we are not all in The Globe Saturday lunch time for a few pints (happy days)  

KTBFFH 

Edited by andy

1 minute ago, weetee said:

Where did I wish us to lose against Arsenal? I was super confident we'd win today - even by a bigger margin than usual. That's where I was coming from and if we'd won today I'd still stand by that line of thought.

This always happens. We go on a good run, we get over confident and then sh*t like tonight happens.

29 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

What exactly do you think Kepa could have made a better decision about with the clearance? He was scrambling just to keep it out and pushed it wide. The only person to blame is Jorginho.

Harsh, but i thought he couldve stopped it dead, rather than try push it out. Still dont see that happening with mendy, as i dont see mendy being that wide. 95%on jorginho, 5% on kepa for me. 

Jorghino isn't a poor player. He just isn't a great player. He is a top six at best player but more likely a mid table one. He certainly isn't  a title challenging player. He is well suited to serie A during an era when it isn't a strong league. He isn't suited to the English game where you get pressured on the ball deep in your own half. 

1 minute ago, big blue said:

Harsh, but i thought he couldve stopped it dead, rather than try push it out. Still dont see that happening with mendy, as i dont see mendy being that wide. 95%on jorginho, 5% on kepa for me. 

It’s taught to keepers from youth football to push the ball out wide of the goal. If he stopped that dead and someone was following it in and tapped it in he would get absolutely slaughtered.

5 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

I honestly think Jorgi forgot Kepa was playing and played a pass blindly to where Mendy would normally be around. No excuse at all but I think that is where his brainfart came from.

The thing is though, i am sick and tired of the natural first instinct of all but maybe three of our players to play the ball negatively. Jorginho has three clear forward routes available to him but his natural first instinct is to play a blind negative pass back to the goal. 

Ping the ball on a diagonal sixty yards to either flank, trap the ball on the chest and...immediately look to pass the ball back to someone rather than attacking.

I really hate the idea of resting a load of players for big matches, I think I’d rather first team players have a stinker and then be replaced after 60 minutes or so.

We only have 4 football matches left this season and they are all important, we can’t afford to pick and choose matches to prioritise.

Especially after watching Man Utd do the same thing, difference is there they are guaranteed top 4 so they could afford to throw away one match.

3 minutes ago, loz said:

Jorghino isn't a poor player. He just isn't a great player. He is a top six at best player but more likely a mid table one. He certainly isn't  a title challenging player. He is well suited to serie A during an era when it isn't a strong league. He isn't suited to the English game where you get pressured on the ball deep in your own half. 

Spot on. Jorginho, much like the manager who signed him, is far too one dimensional for the very top tier.

1 minute ago, 2211 said:

I really hate the idea of resting a load of players for big matches, I think I’d rather first team players have a stinker and then be replaced after 60 minutes or so.

We only have 4 football matches left this season and they are all important, we can’t afford to pick and choose matches to prioritise.

Especially after watching Man Utd do the same thing, difference is there they are guaranteed top 4 so they could afford to throw away one match.

Watch this space........two games

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

It’s taught to keepers from youth football to push the ball out wide of the goal. If he stopped that dead and someone was following it in and tapped it in he would get absolutely slaughtered.

He could see the whole pitch when that ball got passed back, plenty of time to stop it and recover the ball. He got a good claw on it aswell, so I think he couldve done better. Agree to disagree though mate. Not going to go around in circles.

9 minutes ago, Nibs said:

At HT I commented that the tippy-tappy stuff around the box wasn't working and Havertz wasn't having a good game so called for CHO and Giroud to do something different.

However, I wasn't expecting Gimour to be player hooked and was hoping CHO would produce something like he did against City rather than the zero he produced tonight!

I was hoping for Werner or Ziyech at half time. I certainly didn't expect to see Gilmour hooked ahead of Jorginho.

I'm guessing Tuchel now regrets not playing his best team today and  wrapping Top 4. He tried to rest players to protect them from injuries and now you have to play your best team next 4 games. His gamble hasn't paid off today.

Edited by rocker_joker

4 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

Zouma had Chilwell on the left and gilmour in the middle to start a counter but instead passes to a triple marked Jorginho. Rudiger would have never done that

Regardless. You Jorginho didn't even bloody look up. That is criminal from a football player as negative as him.