Chelsea v Arsenal (PL) Wed 12th May 2021 20:15 GMT

Strongish team for me, after all L’Arse will be treating this like a cup final. 

Rest Timo, Dave and maybe give Kante some time off. I’d even say give Tammy a game - he likes scoring against these c**ts like Alonso likes scoring against the other c**ts from North London. 

So far I would say that the only game in the league TT has lost is against by far the most cr@p team he has faced in the league.

Now he faces a side a modicum better than West Brom.

However once again our next opponent has the advantage on 24 hours more rest than we do, with Leicester game at united moved to Tuesday thanks to the Glazer protests, and ours on Wednesday.

So we need to rotate smartly. For me that means Silva stays at home, Werner too and so does Dave. Rest are in the squad if fit. Also if Kepa is playing the final he should start this game as well. If not then Mendy starts.

Kovacic needs the minutes if he can start, or sub on for Kante if he cannot. If he is out again same sub as today.

Kepa/Mendy

Mbuyamba/Livramento

Zouma

Rudiger

James

Kovacic/Kante

Gilmour

Chilwell

Zyiech

Havertz

CHO

Quite a good break from the city game to this one. I'd be inclined to play a strong team, try and get  a lead then rotate  a few guys out after an hour. We are close now  but not there for anything. We aren't locked into top 4, we haven't won the FA cup and we certainly haven't won the Champions League. If we win two more games we are certain of CL qualification unless I can't count.

mendy

james azpi silva rudigier chilwell

jorginho kante (Kova to maybe get 20 minutes, gilmour maybe 15 minutes)

cho havertz pulisic

Werner can have a rest to be ready for the cup final

We have an amazing bench in truth. Based on the City performance, and accepting the inconsistency of youth and inexperience, I'd be happy to play Gilmour again, his work rate is excellent. Equally Alonso, Ziyech, Zouma, Werner and even tammy could play without the overall standard changing that much.

Edited by ozboy

11 hours ago, axman2526 said:

So far I would say that the only game in the league TT has lost is against by far the most cr@p team he has faced in the league.

However once again our next opponent has the advantage on 24 hours more rest than we do, with Leicester game at united moved to Tuesday thanks to the Glazer protests, and ours on Wednesday.

So we need to rotate smartly. For me that means Silva stays at home, Werner too and so does Dave. Rest are in the squad if fit. Also if Kepa is playing the final he should start this game as well. If not then Mendy starts.

Kovacic needs the minutes if he can start, or sub on for Kante if he cannot. If he is out again same sub as today.

Kepa/Mendy

Mbuyamba/Livramento

Zouma

Rudiger

James

Kovacic/Kante

Gilmour

Chilwell

Zyiech

Havertz

CHO

I think Silva will start after having the weekend off. We need to rest the players who started against Madrid and Man City except . So no Azpi, Rudiger, Kante and Werner. I like your reason for starting Kepa because we dont want him cold in the final.

Kepa

James    Silva      Zouma

CHO    Gilmour     Jorginho     Chilwell

Pulisic      Havertz        Mount.

Werner looked absolutely shattered in that game and should be commended for making that sprint at the end for the last minute assist. Also i know Zouma was clumsy and almost gave away a penalty but lets not forget his last ditch tackle against Sterling when the game was tied, that tackle was immense . My last shout out is for Gilmour who covered the most distance in that game and didnt look out of place in that midfield. He deserves a 3rd consecutive start.

13 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Kepa/Mendy

Mbuyamba/Livramento

Zouma

Rudiger

James

Kovacic/Kante

Gilmour

Chilwell

Zyiech

Havertz

CHO

You seriously think Mbuyamba/Livramento will play? I doubt we will be introducing youngsters at this stage of the season. With Christensen out Silva/Azpi will probably rotate with each other. 

14 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Kepa/Mendy

Mbuyamba/Livramento

Zouma

Rudiger

James

Kovacic/Kante

Gilmour

Chilwell

Zyiech

Havertz

CHO

Silva won't be rested two games in a row, especially now with Christensen being injured. Mount I reckon will be back in too. Mbuyamba will not be anywhere near the first team picture this season. Not sure if you are trolling or not 😄 He has just recovered from a serious injury and will be with U23 this and next season predominantly. Livramento won't play also. While we are in very good position to secure top 4, it is not yet guaranteed.

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

You seriously think Mbuyamba/Livramento will play? I doubt we will be introducing youngsters at this stage of the season. With Christensen out Silva/Azpi will probably rotate with each other. 

No I doubt it will happen. However the latter did make the bench yesterday and given TT has trusted Gilmour in the last 2 PL games maybe he has seen something in one of those 2 defenders that would allow Dave a rest.

As we saw with Christensen yesterday we have to manage our players carefully with 2 big cup finals coming up and a long, hard season built up already.

2 minutes ago, STATS said:

Silva won't be rested two games in a row, especially now with Christensen being injured. Mount I reckon will be back in too. Mbuyamba will not be anywhere near the first team picture this season. Not sure if you are trolling or not 😄 He has just recovered from a serious injury and will be with U23 this and next season predominantly. Livramento won't play also. While we are in very good position to secure top 4, it is not yet guaranteed.

Christensen picking up that injury is my main concern yes. He started his 6th game in a row yesterday. TT admitted it was a 50/50 call whether to start him or Zouma and in the end it was a mistake to start him.

Dave is an iron man sure enough and Silva had one game off yesterday. Now we are down a defender from the pack. TT has done a really great job protecting our players but in order for us to be successful he needs the right people to make his system work.

I think we can see of late he would prefer to have his back 3 be Christensen, Silva and Rudiger.  Now he has lost one but fortunately he has trusted Dave there many times. If we lose another then we go to Zouma, who he seems to trust nowhere near as much as the other 4. Lose another then we are really big trouble.

We are in the FA cup final and CL final, those are most important imo the league is secondary and the one to take risks in to preserve our players fitness and do our best to keep them injury free.

I agree with @DonAntonio we really do need to protect the players who faced Real who started yesterday, Dave, Werner, Rudiger and Kante. Preferably they stay home like Silva and Moint did yesterday.

I guess Silva should be ok to face Arsenal and Leicester in the cup then miss the Leicester league match.

Don't think that's right. We'd be on 67 and assuming Liverpool win all their games, they can still get to 69. Leciester would be on 72 if they win all theirs.

38 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Don't think that's right. We'd be on 67 and assuming Liverpool win all their games, they can still get to 69. Leciester would be on 72 if they win all theirs.

The mancs play both Leicester (Tuesday) and the dippers (Thursday)  this week - assuming they win both and we beat them south London c**ts , then barring a massive goal difference shift, we are guaranteed 4th. Makes our last two games dead rubbers to some extent with no need to risk players before CL final.

3 hours ago, Zeta said:

Yes, you are right. I forgot that bin-dippers had 34 games.

12 minutes ago, Zeta said:

After all our good wins lately, I bet we go and lose to this sh*t show.

Arsenal are so mentally fragile that they will give up even before stepping onto the pitch. Typically I am overcautious, but this game outcome is dead certain even as we keep an eye on the FA Cup final.

3 hours ago, mojo said:

Willian with his 1st goal this season and beauty from a free kick to seal 3:1 victory against chewing fraud

this one could be banana skin for us not looking forward

As I mentioned above imo the only league game so far we have lost under TT is again by far the cr@pest side we have faced, WBA.

Did we lose to them because they are good side? Nope, we lost because our attitude on the day sucked. 

Arsenal are slightly better than them, if our attitude sucks again we lose again. Since WBA and before our attitude has been superb so as long as we keep that up our quality should shine through. 

3 hours ago, Zeta said:

After all our good wins lately, I bet we go and lose to this sh*t show.

We go with the same attitude as against WBA aye I agree. Arsenal have nothing left to play for and embarrassed themselves against Villareal. This is he only cup final they have left and I imagine Luiz and Willian want to put on show. Not to mention Smith-Rowe was great against us and Martinelli and Bellerni  always step up against us.

We are due a performance against Arsenal.  Should never have lost the Cup Final, and the league performance, well the less said the better.  Beyond that, top four is in our own hands, and we are the form team.

There are enough reasons.  My hope though is TT has them focused on just the one game.  Time for a professional performance.  2-0 will do nicely - no drama, just business.