Achraf Hakimi

mwblue10

13 hours ago, ducavis said:

Can he actually hit a good cross? I don’t think hitting the byline and lofting the ball into the box qualifies as a good cross. 4 assists in 41 PL starts supports this, and I don’t think it’s a lack of 20 goal forward issue. Worth remembering he also takes a large chunk of our dead balls. 

Personally feel his attacking game needs serious work, and he needs solid competition. 

Yeah, he can. Watch his games under Lampard, or browse the match threads here, and relive the angst as James put in perfect crosses that remained unfinished because we lacked players attacking the ball in the box. The same goes for his time at Wigan. He's also one of the few players that can actually put in a good cross from deep too. I agree he needs competition, and I probably am in the minority here but I maintain his best position will either be at RCB in a back three, or defensive midfield in a back four.

I like Hakimi, he's obviously extremely quick and also he's quite good on the ball. I love the idea of another two-way player, who like Kante, can use their exceptional speed to be present in both attack and defense.  But, his 10 assists in Serie A, when viewed in the context of having a top-class striker in a dominant team in a very defensively poor league - as well as the fact he played as a winger/attacking mid at times - needs to be taken with a grain of salt. He was disappointing at Champions' League level too, with just the one assist and some pretty anonymous performances. 

There's no doubt he is a world-class wing-back, but that's a somewhat niche position. To date he's been merely above-average when played as a winger or fullback in a 4-at-the-back system. At 40-50m he's worth an investment, but at the prices being quoted i'm not so sure, only because we don't really have a forward line who complement his attacking strengths.

Edited by SydneyChelsea

16 hours ago, ducavis said:

Can he actually hit a good cross? I don’t think hitting the byline and lofting the ball into the box qualifies as a good cross. 4 assists in 41 PL starts supports this, and I don’t think it’s a lack of 20 goal forward issue. Worth remembering he also takes a large chunk of our dead balls. 

Personally feel his attacking game needs serious work, and he needs solid competition. 

His crossing is one of his big strengths.. infact crossing is the least of his worries going forward.. He can probably be more aggressive going forward in terms of taking his man on.. Despite the existing view i think Reece is not blessed with a lot of pace  and that is the thing that prevents him from becoming a beast with his numbers. 

3 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Yeah, he can. Watch his games under Lampard, or browse the match threads here, and relive the angst as James put in perfect crosses that remained unfinished because we lacked players attacking the ball in the box. The same goes for his time at Wigan. He's also one of the few players that can actually put in a good cross from deep too. I agree he needs competition, and I probably am in the minority here but I maintain his best position will either be at RCB in a back three, or defensive midfield in a back four.

I like Hakimi, he's obviously extremely quick and also he's quite good on the ball. I love the idea of another two-way player, who like Kante, can use their exceptional speed to be present in both attack and defense.  But, his 10 assists in Serie A, when viewed in the context of having a top-class striker in a dominant team in a very defensively poor league - as well as the fact he played as a winger/attacking mid at times - needs to be taken with a grain of salt. He was disappointing at Champions' League level too, with just the one assist and some pretty anonymous performances. 

There's no doubt he is a world-class wing-back, but that's a somewhat niche position. To date he's been merely above-average when played as a winger or fullback in a 4-at-the-back system. At 40-50m he's worth an investment, but at the prices being quoted i'm not so sure, only because we don't really have a forward line who complement his attacking strengths.

i couldnt agree more..i will be very glad if we dont sign him.. We have Livramento coming through who is ready to start giving contribution to Azpi and Reece. I would rather see this money invested in a striker and a defensive mid.. 

4 hours ago, Jangz said:

His crossing is one of his big strengths.. infact crossing is the least of his worries going forward.. He can probably be more aggressive going forward in terms of taking his man on.. Despite the existing view i think Reece is not blessed with a lot of pace  and that is the thing that prevents him from becoming a beast with his numbers. 

He's quite quick when he gets going, but he isn't the most explosive, which hurts him when he tries going past people.

I think Hakimi could have been important in terms of a title challenge if we stay with 3 at the back. Because as others have pointed out, our wingbacks aren't great at attacking, so we might struggle breaking down packed defences (again), especially if we can't get a top striker.

12 hours ago, Jangz said:

Kimmich is bang average in my book.. easy defending when you are bayern.. 

Bang average? Bit of an extreme view - he's rather rated highly on his attacking power plus leadership and less because he's good at defending (he's not). Anyway, the point wasn't whether I or you rate Kimmich wc or not but a boatload of people do - at least that's my impression - and I rarely (actually never) hear lots of people say that he'd need to prove himself in another league before being considered an elite player.

But I'm outta here now. No point discussin Neymar, Kimmich or whoever in the Hakimi thread - pity we seem to lose out on him. Hopefully CHO steps his game up considerably to play that attacking RWB we definitely are going to need.

Edited by weetee

15 hours ago, Jangz said:

Kimmich is bang average in my book.. easy defending when you are bayern.. 

He is World Class both as a RB & a DM, and would walk into any team on the planet in both positions. Constantly hit double figures in assists as a RB, switched to DM & hitting double figures in assists also.

4 hours ago, ducavis said:

He is World Class both as a RB & a DM, and would walk into any team on the planet in both positions. Constantly hit double figures in assists as a RB, switched to DM & hitting double figures in assists also.

but that was my point when you are Bayern in Bundesliga most players will look good.. every time i have seen him in a german shirt he looked quite average.. and i am not just talking about  the Euros..i believe a world class player should be able to lift up a team..  havent ever heard that about kimmich or seen for that matter.

On 24/06/2021 at 23:56, SydneyChelsea said:

He was disappointing at Champions' League level too, with just the one assist and some pretty anonymous performances

Bit of a dichotomy there, don't you think ?  🙂

On 26/06/2021 at 20:23, Sexyfootball said:

Bit of a dichotomy there, don't you think ?  🙂

It was just one season and he was coming off COVID so I didn't want to be too harsh!

I'm also a sucker for attacking fullbacks and I think that to be successful over the marathon that is a league campaign, you need to prioritise attacking fullbacks over cloggers. Reece James is no clogger though and is a very capable attacker if given the chance.

1 hour ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I'm hearing we backed away due to agent fees and wages. Rightly so I know that's one of our strongest bargaining chips that we can give a good wage but, clearly this kid has his sights set on a big fat check and he's only 22. I can only imagine how much he'll be on at Paris.

And yet we are supposed to believe we will do even more ridiculous agent fees and wages for Haaland lmao.

On 01/07/2021 at 00:02, axman2526 said:

And yet we are supposed to believe we will do even more ridiculous agent fees and wages for Haaland lmao.

I’d like to think Haaland would justify it in comparison, with his profile and importance to a side but yea maybe that’s just wishful thinking.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/06/2021 at 22:29, Jangz said:

i couldnt agree more..i will be very glad if we dont sign him.. We have Livramento coming through who is ready to start giving contribution to Azpi and Reece. I would rather see this money invested in a striker and a defensive mid.. 

How about that striker we invested in lol?

20 hours ago, Evenflow20 said:

How about that striker we invested in lol?

Are you trying to troll yourself? This guy would have cost us 70mil .. unsettled Reece.. A guy who has 4 assists in 32 matches in the french league..  we still didnt buy a DM .. lukaku can still turn around but glad we didnt blow 70 mil on hakimi

56 minutes ago, Jangz said:

Are you trying to troll yourself? This guy would have cost us 70mil .. unsettled Reece.. A guy who has 4 assists in 32 matches in the french league..  we still didnt buy a DM .. lukaku can still turn around but glad we didnt blow 70 mil on hakimi

I'd rather see Hakimi up front for us than see 1 more ball cannon off fat Roms shins.

On 28/05/2022 at 14:19, Jangz said:

See comment below

On 29/05/2022 at 00:46, HazardousChoice said:

I'd rather see Hakimi up front for us than see 1 more ball cannon off fat Roms shins.

Two wrongs don’t make a right .. yes lukaku didn’t work out like we hoped but signing a back wb for 70 mil does not look sensible..

1 hour ago, Gentian said:

I think the rumour of Hakimi is fake. There is no way we are interested in him or he wants to move team. 

Perfectly happy with Reece and next year he would have developed even further. 

I was really keen last summer as I didn't think Reece was top class at wingback (I still don't as a hug the touchline one but Tuchel's change to inverted wingbacks has been a massive gamechanger).

But now yeah there's no need for a marquee one but we certainly need quality cover/competition for both Reece and Chilwell. The thought of rolling into next season with Emerson and Sterling as the back ups is beyond depressing.