Who is our biggest rival?

Jangz

Clubs you hate losing too!  

45 members have voted

1. 1. When it comes to rivalry most are defined by geography like Spurs/Arsenal/WestHam..etc and then there are others that are triggered by specific events like with Leeds//Liverpool. For me i always have hated losing to Arsenal and Pool and also Spurs .....  Wonder what others on here hate losing too and consider as our biggest rivals?

• Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Spurs
    • Manchester United
    • Manchester City
    • West Ham
    • Leeds
    • Other West London Clubs - Fulham/QPR..etc

When it comes to rivalry most are defined by geography like Spurs/Arsenal/WestHam..etc and then there are others that are triggered by specific events like with Leeds//Liverpool. For me i always have hated losing to Arsenal and Pool and also Spurs .....  Wonder what others on here hate losing too and consider as our biggest rivals?

I really think we need to chalk up a couple of wins against Arsenal, the one London side big enough to challenge us should they get their act together.

I've gone for Utd too as our recent games with them have become somewhat hostile on the pitch with manager acrimony too.

I'm not from England so don't really have to deal with fans personally, but I absolutely hate losing to Liverpoo and their entitled army of "true supporters". They just annoy the hell out of me. Always make it seem like they're destined for their victories even though some of them come from some really flukey calls (hello Garcia) and it's such a drama whenever they lose to anyone, the media around them, the ynwa chant, you name it... plus I never really liked Gerrard who sounded like a prick when they faced my local team São Paulo in the CWC and eventually lost. 

(I have the same feeling about Barcelona and the "més que un club" as well, especially since the Messi era)

I've also marked Arsenal because it's annoying losing to them after Henry/RvP because they're just so bad yet still manage to get some results, it's quite incredible really. Spurs I just can't consider on the same level, poor fellas.  

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

I really think we need to chalk up a couple of wins against Arsenal, the one London side big enough to challenge us should they get their act together.

I've gone for Utd too as our recent games with them have become somewhat hostile on the pitch with manager acrimony too.

I cant believe Arsenal did the double over us.. that too this season of all times to do it.. I remember when Arsenal used to be 6 points nailed on especially with Drogba on the team sheet.. My best mates are Arsenal fans .. but i have given them so much grief over the last two decades.. i think somewhere i feel sympathy for them.. but bin dippers i just cant stand .. hypocrisy and blinkers ... which extends to their players and fans.. and coaches and the media... i really to revel in their misery..

1 minute ago, Jangz said:

I cant believe Arsenal did the double over us.. that too this season of all times to do it.. I remember when Arsenal used to be 6 points nailed on especially with Drogba on the team sheet.. My best mates are Arsenal fans .. but i have given them so much grief over the last two decades.. i think somewhere i feel sympathy for them.. but bin dippers i just cant stand .. hypocrisy and blinkers ... which extends to their players and fans.. and coaches and the media... i really to revel in their misery..

Yes the media love Liverpool yet bumped into many more Arsenal fans than Liverpool ones :smile:

Posted (edited)

After Last season would really like to smash WBA next time they come back up.

In the mean time, Arsenal because it is a shame losing to such a poor team, and always Leeds.

Edited by axman2526

Spurs top of the list because they are as obnoxious and nasty as it can get (the only time I've had any issue with another random fan on the train coming back from a game was a Spurs drunk that wanted to fight me...). They think they are this great Club and they've been mediocre for decades. Oh, and they have Son and Lamela.

Liverpool for how entitled and nasty their fans are. Never their fault and so on... And being the media darlings also does not help.

Leeds. I think this one is for me more of a tradition than real dislike of the team/club.

Arsenal, not really hate them, they have become a joke of a team. They also think themselves bigger than any other team in London, and I just pity them.

It doesn’t matter how successful they are but my god, there really is no other clubs I despise as much as arsenal and Spurs. F*cking horrible clubs, it would quite literally make my year if one of them get relegated. F*ck them

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

It doesn’t matter how successful they are but my god, there really is no other clubs I despise as much as arsenal and Spurs. F*cking horrible clubs, it would quite literally make my year if one of them get relegated. F*ck them

arsenal look prime candidates.. if the spanish fraud is still there

Well I suppose there are two questions here (possibly more if you want to dive into it):

- Which team do I hate the most? Tottenham, as always.

- Which team is our rival in the literal sense? Man City (sort of), although I feel like we'd be flattering ourselves in terms of overall quality over the past few years. I suppose very recently it's been Leicester and Man Utd, although inevitably the answer to this question will always be dynamic unless you exist in one of those 'perpetual duumvirate' leagues like Scotland or Spain.

Yes it has to be Tottenham. Nibs (my Bro) and I were brought up to hate Spurs, after the '67 Cup final loss. I can still remember the old man saying "f**king Jimmy Robertson" who had apparently taken us to pieces on the day.

On 03/06/2021 at 20:18, Deino said:

Brentford

My Grandfather had Season tickets at BOTH Chelsea and Brentford in the 40/50's, apparently they were never at home on the same week in those days.

It's Spurs always has been always will be. As a man in his mid 50's I can honestly say I don't know and don't think I've ever met a Man City fan. That was the worse thing about the Super League our rivalries with QPR, West Ham and Leeds would have been gone. I know plenty of QPR and West Ham fans I don't know a single Real Madrid or Barcelona fan.

It's weird, cos we have lots of rivals, but I wouldn't say we have a main one. And none of those in the list would see us as their main rival.

If I had to put some in order though, probably something like:

Spurs, QPR, West Ham, Leeds

For me there's two main ones. Spurs and Man Utd.

Spurs for obvious reasons.

And Man Utd because being born and bred in London, when I was in school, no word of a lie, 90% of my year group supported Man Utd. You'd get one or two Arsenal fans and the odd Liverpool fan. And this was obviously a time when they were winning everything, the treble etc. Half of them didn't have a clue about football or couldn't name more than 4 players, but literally everyone supported them. So I naturally grew a major dislike to them. Its funny because the older generation, i.e. anyone born 2 years before me or more, all supported Liverpool round here, but they have suddenly only come out of the woodwork in the last few years, so I'm not too fussed about them. Although every local bar and pub was packed to the rafters with Liverpool fans before the pandemic for major games, just goes to show the amount of glory hunting Londoners about.

I wonder who the new generation support now, hopefully being in London, a lot of them are starting to support us. 

9 minutes ago, Oli said:

I wonder who the new generation support now, hopefully being in London, a lot of them are starting to support us. 

In my experience I would say at least 80% of people under 30 support Arsenal in London. We have a lot of young temps at work nearly always Gooners.

1 hour ago, Oli said:

Those born in '96 and below are mostly Gooners. '97 and above, there's a healthy mix of Chels fans. 

In relation to my previous post, and the comments underneath it, I guess it just depends what part of London you lived in, if you're a local fan. Most people in North London support Arsenal and Spurs, and where I was from the majority of kids my age supported Manchester Utd or Liverpool if very slightly older. What I am seeing is plenty more Chelsea fans which is great news.

I put Spuds just because, well the're Spuds. Historically in every way they cannot match us and the odd game they've beaten us has been us blowing it. They cannot be classed as rivals as the don't threaten us and we outshine them.

I don't think any of the teams in the poll are rivals to us. Some have had great seasons and blown everyone away but it's been fleeting.

I get more enjoyment beating the Gooners and if they ever get their act together well...

I can understand the Spurs hate for those in the London area but I think personal rival hate stems from all the pricks that are in the area you were brought up. I was totally surrounded by Man U and Liverpool fans so I see them as the ones I prefer to beat over any other team.

Special dislike for Liverpool whose supporters seem to be stuck in the 70’s even though many can’t remember that era. They have this arrogant air of entitlement  and we are the best supporters in the world sh*t. When they win they like to put out their little flags and their car stickers. Oh just f**k off.

So for me it’s 1. Liverpool  2. ManU  3.Leeds and Spurs a lowly 4th.

On 07/06/2021 at 21:28, just said:

This one is easy. If you want to be a Chelsea fan you must hate Tottenham. 

There's a song about it.

Yes but there’s also one about Leeds that really rams the point home…