Chelsea v Palace (PL) Sat 14th Aug 2021 15:00 GMT

coco

Just now, DidierDrogbalala said:

But wouldnt be better to go for a center back next summer then ?

I’d rather it just get sorted now - Kounde, by all reports, wants to come. Our leverage is better now based on that and our surplus of current CBs - Sevilla could drive the price up more if they know we have increased need next summer.

11 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

We are about to see a defensive masterclass from Chalobah, apropos of nothing

Given the chance he has gotten it makes me wonder of Bate and Livramento might have had chances too had they stayed, given how short we are in their positions after after we.

3 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

What does a beer cost at the Bridge? Over here in the US, it’s f**king unbelievable how expensive they’ve gotten at sporting events.

f**k knows the beer at The Bridge is horrible I haven’t bought it for years!

500ml bottle of coke is £3.50 nowadays. 

1 minute ago, mwblue10 said:

I’d rather it just get sorted now - Kounde, by all reports, wants to come. Our leverage is better now based on that and our surplus of current CBs - Sevilla could drive the price up more if they know we have increased need next summer.

So you rather have 6 center backs for this season instead of 4 midfielders? or are you talking about buying both? 

1 minute ago, PhilH930 said:

Very defensive lineup. Need an early goal otherwise I don’t think that lineup has ability for later goals. Must take our chances 

why do we keep lining up with 8 defensive minded players, Mount and two attackers. Frustrating. 

That is why Jorgi is my pick for first scorer, our best bet is a pen. This team lacks goals imo.

1 minute ago, PhilH930 said:

Very defensive lineup. Need an early goal otherwise I don’t think that lineup has ability for later goals. Must take our chances 

why do we keep lining up with 8 defensive minded players, Mount and two attackers. Frustrating. 

I just think it is up to available fresh personnel. Kante and Ziyech are injured. Havertz is probably not fresh. CHO was not very good in the Super Cup. 

Just have an eerie feeling about today's game....hopefully I am wrong.  We are not playing against the same old Palace, they just might be fitter / stronger than the Palace of old.   We need the 3 points today.