Real Madrd (3) v Chelsea (1) (CL Q/F 2nd Leg) Tues 12th Apr 2022 20:00 GMT

I’d support RLC at wing back, it’s not the attacking part that worries me it’s the defensive duties. Chalobah has already shown that the right of a back 3 can still be an attacker and will likely get outside shooter options. Not the only lineup but it’s viable. 

I support Werner in the team, we play much better overall when he is stretching the defence. And he will be fresh as he hasn’t -layer that much. 

13 hours ago, Gol15 said:

One good strategy that could help is to foul Benzema as soon as he's with the ball and in that way prevent any fast attack, don't let him run with the ball much and get a few yellow cards for it. 

Better yet chloroform him and stick him in a closet for two hours prior to the game and let him go after the final whistle.

That would really blunt their attack.

Score first and silence Bernabeu down. If it is going to be another famous European night, then it's going to be inside the most famous stadium in UCL history. All I know we stand a real chance if we show the same fighting spirit and motivation as we did v Southampton. The difference between the two sides in terms of squad value is slim, what makes the difference is mindset  motivation, effort, which we totally lacked in the first leg.

Up the Chels!!! Let's make it an all English semifinal!

17 minutes ago, petre ispirescu said:

Score first and silence Bernabeu down. If it is going to be another famous European night, then it's going to be inside the most famous stadium in UCL history. All I know we stand a real chance if we show the same fighting spirit and motivation as we did v Southampton. The difference between the two sides in terms of squad value is slim, what makes the difference is mindset  motivation, effort, which we totally lacked in the first leg.

Up the Chels!!! Let's make it an all English semifinal!

I don't think we had spirit or motivation problem against madrid.

Edited by Bob stark

Winning here would be an incredible achievement, something that people would not believe that happened.

Scoring at least two and concede zero is very difficult but possible. In football you don't know how the game will start, one mistake and everything can change.

Let's not forget we played a better football in the first leg, if we will score the first goal, the pressure would be all on Real Madrid. 

We just need to be ready to finish all the chances, and don't give gifts in defense.

---------------- Mendy ----------------

-- Chalobah -- Thiago Silva -- Rudiger --

James --- Kante --- Kovacic --- Marcos Alonso

----------- Mount ------- Werner ---------

------------------ Havertz ---------------

Also there might be an option to play Pulisic on RWB position and drop James back to RCB. I'm afraid we will lose his attacking ability, but will upgrade our speed behind. 

Never lose faith, we're f**king Chelsea, we can do it!

COME ON CHELS!!!

17 hours ago, Gol15 said:

One good strategy that could help is to foul Benzema as soon as he's with the ball and in that way prevent any fast attack, don't let him run with the ball much and get a few yellow cards for it. 

Not a bad strategy considering there's a decent likelihood that none of our backline will be playing for us next season. Any European suspensions will be incurred by their new clubs... brilliant!

1 hour ago, PloKoon13 said:

Not a bad strategy considering there's a decent likelihood that none of our backline will be playing for us next season. Any European suspensions will be incurred by their new clubs... brilliant!

I wasn't even aware of just how much of a masterstroke move that was...

In some bizarre way, I am almost content with Mendy making that super blunder, Since I’m going to this match with no expectations, so whatever happens, be it a magical Napoli night or whatever, I’m OK with it.

34 minutes ago, Phillip said:

In some bizarre way, I am almost content with Mendy making that super blunder, Since I’m going to this match with no expectations, so whatever happens, be it a magical Napoli night or whatever, I’m OK with it.

spoiler alert GIF

Whatever happens will be us huffing and puffing and the Real players falling to the floor for half the match as we are frustrated in our efforts to turn it around.

Werner will miss at least one sitter and mess up several moves.

Pulisic will be nullified.

Mount will take numerous poor setplays.

Ziyech will try Hollywood balls and miss the mark 9 out of 10 times.

Kante and Kovacic will keep messing up final balls.

And Havertz will look quality.

18 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Huge news, an injury has forced a striker out which could heavily tilt the game into our favour. He will be a huge miss for Real Madrid!

Lukaku is out.

I am pretty sure Lukaku is in contention to start against Madrid.

We need to hope for a strong Ref tonight, Madrid are going to go early for a goal, then just basically mess the game up as much as they can get away with, it will be a sh*tfest.