Ivan Toney

evissy
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

This is not a rumour but I wouldn't mind if we had him as a backup in our attack. 

He has scored 12 and assisted 4 this season in the league for Brentford. 

He has most duels won in the prem and 10th in overall rating among all players in the league (Salah topping that list).

https://mobile.twitter.com/Squawka/status/1506770516505464834

He is already 26 so he might want a challenge where he has a chance to win something. 

I think he would fit our system. 

On 29/04/2022 at 09:54, Sexyfootball said:

Toney is home-grown flavour of the month, just like Callum Wilson, Danny Ings, Ollie Watkins, Calvert-Lewin, Bamford,  and a few others have been in the last few seasons.

Good for a mid-table team but not for a team with title aspirations

In general this is how I see it however his numbers are impressive. I was thinking we should get a CF who will win the duels be it aerial or on the ground. I was thinking more in the moneyball-sense. 

Last time we dished 97,5m on a striker we didn't really look the numbers Tuchel might have wanted. Could be wrong here but the results are indicating just that. 

I am thinking if the game is 0-0 after second half we might want a striker who can win his duels and make space foe others to score. Lukaku is a big lump but is not able to win duels for some weird reason. 

On 04/05/2022 at 10:52, evissy said:

I am thinking if the game is 0-0 after second half we might want a striker who can win his duels and make space foe others to score. Lukaku is a big lump but is not able to win duels for some weird reason. 

Lukaku has been poor in the air for us yet on the ground will generally out-muscle his opponent if the ball is going down the right channel.

For whatever reason he does get many of those balls.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sticking to my moneyball theory. Some impressive stats where Chelsea players are mostly absent. He is fouled a lot, he wins duels with the best of them (aerials also) and he creates big chances. 

We don't have attackers that can do what he does. Would be excellent to have against stubborn opponents.

Screenshot_20220516-223909__01.jpg

Screenshot_20220516-223534__01.jpg

Screenshot_20220516-223417__01.jpg

Screenshot_20220516-223410__01.jpg

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, abramovich said:

Surprised no top club is seemingly after Toney. I know he's got three years left on his contract and Brentford would demand a fortune but with such dearth of quality centre forwards around he should attract some interest.

Would be an interesting one for sure.

• 1 month later...

I was so hoping we would go in for Toney rather than Aubameyang and yesterday just underlined why.

He totally bossed a Leeds side we struggled against and could have got more than the 3 he did. He is clearly a late bloomer as it didn't work out for him at Newcastle early in his career and he has played for a number of lower league sides but now looks a good all round No. 9 and is knocking on the door of the England squad.

Someone will snap him up and he won't be at Brentford next season that's for sure.

17 hours ago, Nibs said:

I was so hoping we would go in for Toney rather than Aubameyang and yesterday just underlined why.

He totally bossed a Leeds side we struggled against and could have got more than the 3 he did. He is clearly a late bloomer as it didn't work out for him at Newcastle early in his career and he has played for a number of lower league sides but now looks a good all round No. 9 and is knocking on the door of the England squad.

Someone will snap him up and he won't be at Brentford next season that's for sure.

Probably Newcastle.

• 2 weeks later...

13 minutes ago, Upsetter said:

Toney’s been included in the England squad for the Nations League, waste of time though that is, it’s a crying shame he’s not in the Chelsea squad.

Just what we could do with, in my ever so ‘umble.

Maybe Potter will feel different about him than TT did.

• 1 month later...