Graham Potter (Now Sacked ) - *Official* New (Now Old) Chelsea Manager

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

20 minutes ago, TimesUpPotter said:

What jumps out at me.

Potter has 4 losses less than Tuchel had in his time here despite Tommy T managing 45 games more.

Potter would need to win 8 and draw 1 of his next 9 games to match AVB's record.

If Potter wins his next 7 matches (lol I know) he'll still have a worse record than Scolari, Di Matteo and Benitez.

These are only league Games, us getting knocked out of both domestic cups for the first time in 36 years and without scoring a goal is just another part of the process.

Fp6Lj_YWIAAQNS_.jpeg.jpg

I certainly didn't imagine a scenario where he'd have a lower Premier League win percent with us than he'd managed at Brighton LOL

Deary me ... 

6 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Can you stop making up fans that don't exist to make some weird vague point about racism. I've got to assume you don't live in england by the way you keep telling everyone the English hate foreigners, so let me just make these clear to you

1. I didn't know any Chelsea fan who wanted Tuchel sacked. Everyone either backed him or wanted to see him get to Christmas. 

2. I've never known a manager to have as wholehearted negativity towards as Potter. Everyone wants him gone. 

Never said anything about racism. 

I was born in West London and I'm still here, I've been here all my life, my parents are Nigerian but I don't think Britain is a racist country at all. I just think there is a strong bias toward English managers and it's a big reason why Potter was overhyped to begin with. And on the other foot, there's also unnecessary negativity towards English managers like Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp as I mentioned. 

Don't blame me for your lack of observation, numerous people on here wanted Tuchel gone early in the season, some even wanted him gone at the end of last season. 

Havertz yet again getting another 90 whilst doing f**k all 10 games running. 

Ziyech, who was one foot out the door in January, starting over Mudryk and Madueke. 

Bringing on Mount and Zakaria when we need a goal. 

Starting RLC over Zakaria whilst complaining he needed the latter. 

Starting Koulibaly over Fofana and Badiashile. 

Bringing on Aubameyang with only 10 minutes left and down 0-2. 

Fofana, who in 20 minutes showed more than Havertz all season, isn't in the squad. 

I mean game management alone this is a sackable offense, let alone watching the abysmal football on the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

What do you mean? He's the worst manager in the history of the club. Sometimes you have to "lose" to "win".  Its best interest for us to crash out of the Champions League to hasten Potter's demise and at least have some joy in the rest of our games going into May/June.  Once we lost in the CL, then Boehly will get his finger out of his ass and pull the damn trigger. 

Fp52xRKWIAM-eoM?format=jpg&name=small

What do I mean. I didn't realise that I needed to spell it out, but I will for you.

No TRUE Chelsea fan wants us to lose and absolutely no real fan wants us to get smashed at Stamford Bridge.

I've been herded like cattle, charged a fortune, treated like sh*t, penned in behind fences, threatened with water cannon from our own chairman. I have seen rubbish performance after rubbish performance across two divisions. During my life I may have hoped for really tough cup draws just so therecwas some honour to be had and so we wouldnt get humiliated by Wigan, Walsall, or Sc**thorpe, but never have I ever wanted my team to lose, especially at our home ground.

15 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Oh dear...that's that then.

I mean those petitions got the respective companies to remake the last season of Game of Thrones, fire the writers and rehire Henry Cavill on The Witcher, and also helped save Legend of the Seeker from being cancelled...oh wait...lol

And don't forget about Anthony Taylor never reffing us again!

6 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

I was born in West London and I'm still here, I've been here all my life, my parents are Nigerian but I don't think Britain is a racist country at all. I just think there is a strong bias toward English managers and it's a big reason why Potter was overhyped to begin with. And on the other foot, there's also unnecessary negativity towards English managers like Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp as I mentioned. 

Don't blame me for your lack of observation, numerous people on here wanted Tuchel gone early in the season, some even wanted him gone at the end of last season. 

So there's a bias to English managers but the only two decent English managers in the past 15 years have had too much negativity??

Look, stop attacking Chelsea fans. 

We all want Potter gone. 

8 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Havertz yet again getting another 90 whilst doing f**k all 10 games running. 

Ziyech, who was one foot out the door in January, starting over Mudryk and Madueke. 

Bringing on Mount and Zakaria when we need a goal. 

Starting RLC over Zakaria whilst complaining he needed the latter. 

Starting Koulibaly over Fofana and Badiashile. 

Bringing on Aubameyang with only 10 minutes left and down 0-2. 

Fofana, who in 20 minutes showed more than Havertz all season, isn't in the squad. 

I mean game management alone this is a sackable offense, let alone watching the abysmal football on the pitch. 

The most depressing thing is you could have posted that pre match instead of post match we are well Potter is so predictable.

13 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

Perhaps,  although I am not totally sure except possibly the most rabid of the knee jerkers, fans actually wanted TT to go. I think the football had turned sh*t. TT said as much himself,  same players making the same mistakes. But I think generally everyone wanted to see an improvement and wanted to give him time to turn it around, probably to the window just gone.  Done now anyway.

1 minute ago, WhiteWall said:

Perhaps,  although I am not totally sure except possibly the most rabid of the knee jerkers, fans actually wanted TT to go. I think the football had turned sh*t. TT said as much himself,  same players making the same mistakes. But I think generally everyone wanted to see an improvement and wanted to give him time to turn it around, probably to the window just gone.  Done now anyway.

That was by far the consensus. 

And it matched the consensus most Chelsea fans had on Potter. 

Let's give him a chance to turn it around. Because Chelsea fans want to back the manager. 

But it's just become clear this is a Nuno at Tottenham situation, not an Arteta at Arsenal one. It doesn't fit and it won't get better. 

18 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

So there's a bias to English managers but the only two decent English managers in the past 15 years have had too much negativity??

Look, stop attacking Chelsea fans. 

We all want Potter gone. 

Both things can be true at once yes, there are some who overrate English managers, and some who underrate them.

And no, not everyone wants him gone, but ultimately it doesn't matter, it's up to the board. We will see in the next couple of days, if he can't get sacked after these last two games, I think he's nailed on to stay here for the rest of the season. Which is a bitter disappointment but it's something I already expect. 

Edited by Victor90

3 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

That was by far the consensus. 

And it matched the consensus most Chelsea fans had on Potter. 

Let's give him a chance to turn it around. Because Chelsea fans want to back the manager. 

But it's just become clear this is a Nuno at Tottenham situation, not an Arteta at Arsenal one. It doesn't fit and it won't get better. 

I will continue to back Potter as long as he is manager. However it is really hard to see him turning things around at this point. Perhaps his only hope is that he did manage to survive similar bad patches at Brighton, but that was vastly different expectation levels from fans.

I think that if the owners were planning to make a desperate attempt to salvage some success this season, they would have done it by now. The only way I can see him being shown the door is if they worry about the form dragging us into a relegation battle. Most likely scenario is that we will stumble towards a lower mid-table finish and Potter will be shown the door in the summer, presumably when a clause in the contract allows Boehly to cut him loose without a big payoff. I wouldn't be surprised if Vivell and team are already lining up the replacement for the summer too.

17 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

What do I mean. I didn't realise that I needed to spell it out, but I will for you.

No TRUE Chelsea fan wants us to lose and absolutely no real fan wants us to get smashed at Stamford Bridge.

I've been herded like cattle, charged a fortune, treated like sh*t, penned in behind fences, threatened with water cannon from our own chairman. I have seen rubbish performance after rubbish performance across two divisions. During my life I may have hoped for really tough cup draws just so therecwas some honour to be had and so we wouldnt get humiliated by Wigan, Walsall, or Sc**thorpe, but never have I ever wanted my team to lose, especially at our home ground.

He doesn't mean that Chelsea fans want loses.

Maybe you guys in UK are so blind that you can't see the reality.

And the reality is that since 2013 we aren't stable at all.  We win some trophy and think we're good, but we're not. We're just messing things up.  We just have some upswing and a crash happens. Lucky title with Jose then crash, Lucky title with Conte then crash, lucky CL with Tuchel then crash.

Since 2017 we aren't even close for a title. Why? Middle skilled pleayers, controversial coaches, messed management on all levels.

Then tell me why we should have to be in Europe now? To make another illusion that we are good? No, thanks.

Here what i wrote in the other topic. And one more thing: "What is the difference between us now and when Man UTD spent bunch of millions for nothing?"

He's lost well he never really had the crowd and even if we start doing better he's never going to win the fans over or win a trophy while he's here it's top eight at best next season and beyond. We won't get any higher then we already are but could easily drop a few places never thought I'd see the day where Chelsea are looking at the 40 points target and FULHAM and BRENTFORD are above us. 

23 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

Save your breath my friend. I've been accused of being a xenophobe on these very hallowed pages, me a British man, because I put my head above the parapet to say that GP had a very strong English bias, and a narrative pushed and peddled by all aspects of the English media which Todd possibly bought into in appointing him and AI told a fellow forum member that the English know how to do what some may describe as hypocrisy or double standard, and referred to it as the English being English. 

I'm a xenophobe according to some and they brought some of their virtue signalling to serve me a dish, because their feelings got hurt. 

Too bad facts don't care about feelings. 

6 minutes ago, abister1 said:

Save your breath my friend. I've been accused of being a xenophobe on these very hallowed pages, me a British man, because I put my head above the parapet to say that GP had a very strong English bias, and a narrative pushed and peddled by all aspects of the English media which Todd possibly bought into in appointing him and AI told a fellow forum member that the English know how to do what some may describe as hypocrisy or double standard, and referred to it as the English being English. 

I'm a xenophobe according to some and they brought some of their virtue signalling to serve me a dish, because their feelings got hurt. 

Too bad facts don't care about feelings. 

It's perfectly fine to say that the English media over inflated Potters achievements. And maybe Chelsea fans got caught in the hype at the time. I do think Potter had performed decent at Brighton and I think there's a bit of revisionism on these parts about his achievements there.

But the point he's been making is that English Chelsea fans have been backing Potter while they were asking for tuchel to be sacked for a lot less. 

When that wasn't true for Tuchel, we f**king bought and flew a banner for him a week before he got sacked, and it's certainly not true that English Chelsea fans have been blindly backing Potter when most of them want him sacked. 

Edited by bisright1

6 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

It's perfectly fine to say that the English media over inflated Potters achievements. And maybe Chelsea fans got caught in the hype at the time. I do think Potter had performed decent at Brighton and I think there's a bit of revisionism on these parts about his achievements there.

But the point he's been making is that English Chelsea fans have been backing Potter while they were asking for tuchel to be sacked for a lot less. 

When that wasn't true for Tuchel, we f**king bought and flew a banner for him a week before he got sacked, and it's certainly not true that English Chelsea fans have been blindly backing Potter when most of them want him sacked. 

Mate, I'm well aware most people want Potter to go, you're not reading what I'm saying.

Most people wanted Tuchel to stay, I'm saying the ones who didn't, had it out for him from the start and there was more than enough of them. 

People on here have already said it, when Tuchel first came, he was already under the knife by many supporters and had to win every game. The standards have dropped so low for Potter it's absurd, Tuchel would never have survived if he took over from Lampard like this, not a chance. The fact that there are still people supporting Potter now is mind boggling to me, he's statistically our worst manager we've had since Roman bought the club, we are appalling at the moment, yet he's still getting excuses made for him. And by the same people who wanted Tuchel out no less.

Why wouldn't I come to the conclusion that I came out with earlier? I think it's fairly obvious. I don't think it's discrimination, racist, xenophobic, or whatever, I think it's just backed by silly emotion. If you look at the way Sarri was treated by the fans, you'll know what I mean, I say this as someone who wasn't a fan of Sarri by the way. 

I'm so tired of this Arsenal narrative. I don't know who started pushing this agenda. But someone needs to tell Boehly and Potter that firstly we are not Arsenal. Secondly no two clubs or situations in football are ever the exact same. Finally just because Arteta's appointment is working for Arsenal now doesn't mean Potter's will work for us.

Imagine for a second using this excuse in any other profession. So I'm not performing in my job right now, but look at (insert random name) he struggled too for a couple of years. But, now finally he's succeeding 3 years later after his appointment. So you can apply this to me, don't worry about my performance right now, just judge me 3 years later. After I've made a fortune despite failing to do my actual job, thereby essentially getting paid for free.

He's talking about getting the players to watch the Arsenal all or nothing, like is this real life?! I can't believe how delusional these blokes running this club are.

Potter wasn't signed because of his track record for winning games, it was on the basis he could work well with the board. Could "develop" young players and is emotionally intelligent. For an elite club to appoint any coach, one of the fundamentals has to be that they know how to win and will win. The fact this wasn't a prerequisite for this job is already a big red flag. Because not only does that mean its allowed Boehly and Co to hire clearly the wrong candidate, but it also gives them the justification to stick by him.

2 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

Most people wanted Tuchel to stay, I'm saying the ones who didn't, had it out for him from the start and there was more than enough of them.

Bisright1, Victor has got a point here. Your post was good and I half agree with it as we did have fans that backed TT all the way. 

I love TT but I'm not calling for him to come back, it's not going to happen not with a man like TB especially as the way he has gone about things since taking over shows he does have an ego and such people don't act rationally. 

Roman fired managers on the basis of performance which is why he brought Mourinho back or gave RDM a contract after delivering big ears as reward even though every man and his dog knew that team delivered on the basis of luck and sheer force of will and mental strength we have not seen since in Chelsea teams,but no one begrudged giving RDM a chance. 

I'm not against giving managers a chance but what is the pont when you know it won't work. Nuno is better manager in my opinion than GP and after appointing him last season, Levy gave himself some sense and righted his wrong before too much damage was done. 

I loved out strategy of getting all the new players in summer and Jan because it allows the team to blend and know themselves ahead of the new season - this one is a write off already. But it will all go to waste and we will start at a disadvantage the longer we wait to right the mistake. 

What Victor says I observed as well, a lot of those that didn't like TT initially with time shut up and kept their tongue bridled as he was delivering. (Mind he got sacked but not because of performance as they would have you believe) soon as he got kicked out the door, we've been inundated with their moans of how bad his team has been for years and now championing the saviour and astute tactician in GP.