Enzo Fernandez - Officially a Blue!

I will not comment on any of our midfielders until Poch is gone.

The amount of space they have to defend, the lack of movement in front of them (all due to Poch's structure).

Don't be silly guys, these are young players who have been given ZERO tactical advice.

Poch made Lionel Messi look average, do not turn on them.

6 hours ago, Argo said:

RDT_20240424_1252481320355353616033131.thumb.jpg.d44df27b4ea2bea4688954daebb9e05a.jpg

Not sure what's worse, him being a winger, Mudryk being a fullback or the slowest CB in the league having to cover all that space.

Christ knows how Arsenal managed to win with tactics that utilised 3 left wingers, 2 right wingers and 2 right midfielders ... :-) 

27 minutes ago, Ukraine Bolt said:

Opted to have the surgery so he's back for Copa America. 

Hope the recovery takes longer so he misses Copa America and is back fully fit for next season. Can't risk him rushing back and having another season as poor as this one. 

Good. He hasn’t looked fit in ages and really shouldn’t have played as much as he has anyways. 

One «defensive» midfielder fit out of our original four then, surely its time to swap to more of a 4-3-3 with two 8’s - as we seem to have loads of those ready and available?

He must have been injured when we bought him . 

His performances haven't gone from very good,  then to not very good because of an injury .

It's all been the same , just average at best.

Now , we'll probably never see him play again knowing our luck with injuries..

13 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

He must have been injured when we bought him . 

His performances haven't gone from very good,  then to not very good because of an injury .

It's all been the same , just average at best.

Now , we'll probably never see him play again knowing our luck with injuries..

He looked fantastic when he first came here under Potter

12 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

He looked fantastic when he first came here under Potter

Yeah mate, agreed. . We had a few good results under Potter thinking about the CL v Dortmund and others.. not long ago really , but light years away in terms of what we have become

Who would have thought the CL is just a pipe dream these days ?

Quick question - what is Enzos best position, and where should we play him?

I saw him live in the world cup vs mexico, where he scored a banger, and looked an attacking threat all game - but he seemed to play more advanced in that game.

We have also seen him as a 10 here - but that doesn't look quite as convincing.

We have seen him as part of a double pivot with  caicedo and lesley (at different times) - and he has not looked convincing.

I genuinely don't know the answer.

Does he need a flat midfield 3 (lamps, ballack, essien) where he can pick and choose when to go? 

Does he need a pure DM next to him to simply sit there (maka/mikel). 

Does he need to play at the top of a diamond( dm + caicedo/connor/enzo at the tip?

These all feel slight tweaks and variants on pretty much the same thing - but I genuinely don't have a clue on how to unlock him so we can see that player i saw vs mexico. 

3 hours ago, nonotnowjim said:

I saw him live in the world cup vs mexico, where he scored a banger, and looked an attacking threat all game - but he seemed to play more advanced in that game.

We have seen him as part of a double pivot with  caicedo and lesley (at different times) - and he has not looked convincing.

Does he need a flat midfield 3 (lamps, ballack, essien) where he can pick and choose when to go? 

Does he need to play at the top of a diamond( dm + caicedo/connor/enzo at the tip?

These all feel slight tweaks and variants on pretty much the same thing - but I genuinely don't have a clue on how to unlock him so we can see that player i saw vs mexico. 

I’m really not sure, but from what I’ve seen I think we would get the best from him if we set up in a 4-3-3 with a pure defensive mid (Lavia or Ugochukwu), a destroyer/box to box at one of the 8’s (Caicedo or Gallagher) and Enzo as a roaming playmaker in the other 8 we would be set up perfectly for him. Whether or not that is what’s best for the team, is another matter. 

5 hours ago, nonotnowjim said:

Basically a more dynamic Jorginho. He excelled in a double pivot at Benfica so I doubt it's a formation issue, more personal. 

2 hours ago, hawkster said:

Announced that op done and under the medical dept at the club for rehabilitation..that's him gone next season as well with their track record 👌 

Yeah, I’m beginning to think the medical department is paid per patient! The last thing players want to do is go near that department as few come back! 

In all seriousness wishing Enzo a speedy recovery. He needs to play a key role in an improved team next season.