Who do you want next as manager?

Who do you want to be the next manager?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our next permanent manager?

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, Bebe1980 said:

Would prefer to see an interim - very difficult.

We need someone who can identify our best eleven, stick with them and let them play a system that will yield results - even if it's Jose's old system.

Basically, we need someone with balls who can deal with the inflated squad and egos and get it working - who fits that?

Can you add an interim option... ?

Whether someone starts before the end of the season or not I think we need to select a full-time replacement,  We desperately need to clear out our bloated squad, so we need to know the tactical preference of the new guy to determine who goes up for sale.  For example, does the new guy want to try and re-introduce Lukaku or move him on.

12 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Nothing would please me more than the return of Conte. Imagine what a genuine tactician could do with a squad of our quality.

That said I'd be happy enough with Nagelsmann. Jonathan Wilson slagging him off in the Guardian makes me think we should sign him even more haha

Funnily enough Conte is the last person I would want. Actually, it would be a toss up between him and Sarri.

40 minutes ago, andy said:

<only job I would take is Chelsea>  I am paraphrasing ......... well worth a watch if you got a spare half an hour, nothing ground breaking in there but great to hear things from the man himself in a relaxed atmosphere 

Cheers for that link. That was a great watch !

1 minute ago, Mod said:

I’d be open to the idea if JT was alongside…. But, it won’t happen anyway, it seems we know who the next one is!

Tell me it isn't Gol15! He'll bring Jorginho back, make him captain and build a roller coaster in the car park based on his passing, short and sideways.

I really like Amorim but he too likes to work with attacking midfielders over actual wingers. Enrique is a winner but I have my suspicions on his football. Pochettino would be the best in terms of player development but has issues in game management. Nagelsmann I don't know much about. Fits the mould in what the club want in a manager but he has a lot of managerial similarities with Potter. 

De Zerbi probably the most promising option for me. 

Edited by Sconnie Blue

10 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

I really like Amorim but he too likes to work with attacking midfielders over actual wingers. Enrique is a winner but I have my suspicions on his football. Pochettino would be the best in terms of player development but has issues in game management. Nagelsmann I don't know much about. Fits the mould in what the club want in a manager but he has a lot of managerial similarities with Potter. 

De Zerbi probably the most promising option for me. 

Amorim is a great manager but would require lots of patience to implement his 3-4-3.

Mount, Felix, Havertz might thrive under him but Mudryk, Madueke kinda wide players may struggle 

Pochettino, disliked him at Spurs for sure yet think he will best in our current situation.

He built the best Spurs side I have seen for some time and being an Argie he will want to protect Enzo and we do need someone to help him.

Also we need another keeper and I like Villa's Marintez another Argie and think he is the best keeper outside of City's and L.Pool's, Pochettino.might be influential there.

Pochettino. also has EPL and CL experience.

I don't think we will win much silverware yet 4th next season and challenging the following could be possible.

6 minutes ago, DG19 said:

Amorim is a great manager but would require lots of patience to implement his 3-4-3.

Mount, Felix, Havertz might thrive under him but Mudryk, Madueke kinda wide players may struggle 

Oh yeah it'll be the end of our wide players. He's very strict in his 343 set up. 

I’d personally have Brentford’s Thomas Frank, Pochettino blew it big style at Spurs and PSG, Nagelllllllsmannnnnhhhn sacked for what, so why would we have him, also Frank he’d have no hesitation about bringing Ivan to the bridge….

Edited by Ballack & Blu

3 hours ago, just said:

Funnily enough Conte is the last person I would want. 

I'm honestly baffled how anyone can think rehiring him is a good idea. Even if we ignore the fact there's the principal of it given he spat in all our faces for months we would effectively be throwing away the UCL pedigree we've built in recent years.

People go on about Potter making excuses for loses, well he never openly and unapologetically played for a narrow defeat as far as I'm aware. He also never openly claimed he couldn't compete with a team that had Saul, Kepa, Lukaku and Sarr in it.

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

You don't want me, mate. I've taking my team backwards lately, and according to one angry parent who got in my face shouting yesterday, I'm basically sh*t.

Oh dear, that's not very nice. Please tell me you calmly urged the parent to get out of your face :violent090:

9 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

You know the list of candidates is uninspiring when Other option is second favorite.

I'm disappointed in the lack of cheering acceptance when I suggested Steve Clarke. That's not a recipe for progress, you know, ignoring the reigning Prediction League champion!