Alvaro Morata

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

45 minutes ago, moi said:

Mosquitoes are dangerous? Because some varieties carry malaria, I suppose. But preventative steps can be taken, and more people survive malaria than a shark attack, I suspect. Only female mosquitoes suck blood, so 50% of all mosquitoes must be harmless.

Mosquitoes are the deadliest creature in the world to humans. They kill over a million people a year due to the infections that they spread. 

Malaria is the most obvious killer but dengue fever, yellow fever etc are far more deadly.

11 hours ago, Barry Bridges said:

Yes, that does make them more dangerous in reality. 

Don't be daft, coconuts are not more dangerous than sharks. This is not a point I thought I'd ever have to argue, even on here.

If you're joking then I apologise, but it does seem to me that you are serious.

Coconut:

image.png

Shark:

image.png

(images not to scale)

Edited by bluedave

1 hour ago, bluedave said:

Don't be daft, coconuts are not more dangerous than sharks. This is not a point I thought I'd ever have to argue, even on here.

If you're joking then I apologise, but it does seem to me that you are serious.

Coconut:

image.png

Shark:

image.png

(images not to scale)

I am not saying coconuts are more dangerous..... but they are referred to as the killer fruit in some parts so I think they have to be taken seriously. 

I have a spare few minutes so have googled "death by coconut" and my findings are quite shocking. 

Historical reports of actual death by coconut nonetheless date back to the 1770s.[5] Coconuts also played a lethal role in the South Pacific during World War II. According to published accounts, Japanese forces weaponized the tropical fruit by turning them into "coconut bombs" filled with acid and a hand grenade.[6]

Can sharks claim any sort of similar involvement in such heinous war crimes?

Edited by mclovin83

I love all these great facts.

The only animal fact I ever remember is that one about a pigs orgasm lasting 30 minutes. I mean, can you imagine! I never fail to shake my head at that one. They might end up as bacon (hmmmm, bacon) but what a great time they have whilst they're alive.

On 14/08/2018 at 08:24, RIP Mourinho said:

Yet Michy doubled even Morata's tally and we got rid of him for this bum.

The bit i've highlighted is a load of sh*t to be honest. If his finishing in his career to date is to go by its just more potential for misses and for people to then use this as an excuse for why his confidence is low. Expected goal stats are sh*te as we've discussed so many times on this forum, much like key passes and even assists. 

On another point, what website do you use for minutes played by a player in all comps for a certain club. All i can find is matches played and goals scored, hence the above stats i offered (Obviously Slojo thinks this is some kind of stat conspiracy against Morata bless his fragile soul :empathy:)

Not sure what you're talking about in regards to Michy.

If his finishing in his career to date is to go by, he'll be perfectly fine. Did you actually watch him at Juve/Madrid, or are you just talking out of your arse? His goal against Arsenal already proves my point.

Expected goals/chance quality stats are sh*te? Ah, so you are talking out of your arse. Suppose you should tell that to all the clubs using chance quality metrics in their scouting process and the football analytics scene that completely revolves around xG.

54 minutes ago, Nibs said:

I love all these great facts.

The only animal fact I ever remember is that one about a pigs orgasm lasting 30 minutes. I mean, can you imagine! I never fail to shake my head at that one. They might end up as bacon (hmmmm, bacon) but what a great time they have whilst they're alive.

That's an interesting fact, @Nibs  There was some sort of "celebrity" reality show a couple of years back when some bimbo from Hollyoaks or  Stenders or something had to toss off a pig into a bag.  Her arm must  have been f**king agony at the end of that.

21 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

That's an interesting fact, @Nibs  There was some sort of "celebrity" reality show a couple of years back when some bimbo from Hollyoaks or  Stenders or something had to toss off a pig into a bag.  Her arm must  have been f**king agony at the end of that.

Are you certain that was a reality show @yorkleyblue and not something from your private collection?

1 hour ago, Shade8780 said:

Not sure what you're talking about in regards to Michy.

If his finishing in his career to date is to go by, he'll be perfectly fine. Did you actually watch him at Juve/Madrid, or are you just talking out of your arse? His goal against Arsenal already proves my point.

Expected goals/chance quality stats are sh*te? Ah, so you are talking out of your arse. Suppose you should tell that to all the clubs using chance quality metrics in their scouting process and the football analytics scene that completely revolves around xG.

Yes i have seen his finishing at other clubs. Hence he went on a year goal drought a Juve and Madrid fans used to mock him for missing easy chances. You can give me one example of a good finish, i can give you 5 simpler ones he's missed. So yeah, your point isn't proved.

Also yes, chance creation stats and assists should be taken with a wheelbarrow full of salt. A simple 2 yard pass could result in a created chance or a player passing to someone on the half way line who then lobs the keeper from 50 yards as an assist. If xG are so great, then last season Morata had the worst xG to goals on our team, so this debunks your 'Morata is a good finisher' myth. I suppose this is the immovable object against the unstoppable force. Pick which statement you want to try a prove is correct and go with that. Can't have both.

31 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

xG

Can any one actually explain for me  what this and "chance creation stats" really are?

Seriously,  expected goals seems to pop  up  on MOTD after game stuff and elsewhere, and I really have no idea of what expected goals means.

3 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Can any one actually explain for me  what this and "chance creation stats" really are?

Seriously,  expected goals seems to pop  up  on MOTD after game stuff and elsewhere, and I really have no idea of what expected goals means.

Some random math jargon about calculating future assist/goal. For me, you might as well spend money on a Zoltar machine

8 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

That's a very good video 

1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

a load of sh*t basically. 

Someone has apparently worked out how many goals an average striker should score with the opportunities they have during a game. A striker should be either hitting or doing better than their xG.

As for chance creation stats its a load of bollocks like a player passing a ball two inches to their right that allowed the player to shoot, thus 'creating a chance'.