FA Cup Final 2018 Chelsea V Man Utd Sat 19th May 17:15 UK

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On ?15?/?05?/?2018 at 19:18, The Leigh Limpet said:

Go back to last seasons final, all the media thought we had to do was to turn up at the Stadium & we'd beat Le Arse comfortably. Even most of their fans thought they'd lose, after their poor season 'run in'.
Come the day, alas we didn't turn up, & could easily have got beaten by 4 or 5 goals.
Yep, agree that Jose is a man who knows how to win a cup final, but as Jimmy Greaves stated 'football, it's a funny old game'.
Might be down to my brain cells dwindling by the day, but i'm quietly confident.

Told you so!!!!. Up the Chels.

It was backs against the wall in the second half and we got lucky to not concede. That said, big performances from Kante, Cesc, Hazard and Rudi, who has looked stronger as the season has gone on. It doesn’t make up for the way we have performed in the league, but great to get one over Jose, and to finish on a positive note. Cheers fellow blues. 

Edited by Elliott

Any day you win a trophy is a good day, and after the season we’ve had today was extra sweet! No matter what’s happened, or will happen, it was nice to see our boys lift a trophy, the last one of the season no less.

Hopefully onwards and upwards for here, but either way, let’s enjoy it! Enjoy the rest of your weekend all :bluescalf:

I was expecting a crap game, they would score, close it down, we wouldn't have enough going forward, and we would lose, a very disappointing end to a very disappointing season.

Instead, we scored, we closed the game down, they didn't have enough going forward, and they lost, and I feel strangely ecstatic, despite the disappointing season. 

Beating Utd is always good. Beating Jose is always good. Winning trophies is always good, and we just can't stop winning trophies, no matter how sh*t we are. We win when we're sh*t and we win when we're good. It's all good.

The best bit of the game? Jose's post-match interview, where he complained about our negative tactics. I'll probably never watch the game again but I'll have that interview on a continuous loop for a good few years. 

We learned from the best Jose me ol mucker. You were the one that taught us it.

Anyway, Hazard is a hero, Kante is phenomenal, we are so lucky to have him, thank god Cahill played instead of Christensen, our whole defence were bloody good. Even Baka was good. Courtois was good. We might not have played any football but we were all good.

It's a positive end, a very positive end, it brings some positive vibes back to the club which is very important, it reconnects the fans to the club and to the team and vice versa, I feel it's a very important win, it's important we build on it, it's made Chelsea fans happy and that's important after the sh*t we've suffered this season, and some of our players win their first trophy with us which helps them with their confidence going forward, winning breeds winning, we want these guys to win a lot more with us.

Lastly back to Jose. He was very uptight from the outset. His body language was all wrong. He was very upset Lukaku declared himself unfit, you could see it clearly in his pre-match interview. Without his big lump up front he had no ideas and he was livid about it and blamed Lukaku and couldn't shake it from his mind. He was scowling before a ball was kicked. 

I was dreading watching him lord it over us at Wembley, with Lukaku and Matic in tow, with c**ts like Young and Herrera in their side. It would have been horrible.

Edit: Instead it was very very nice indeed. We beat Jose at his own game. It tastes so sweet.

Edited by Davey Baby

Just got back (to ws6) and saw MOTD which although brief confirmed what a great team effort today - apart from once when Baka went asleep and pogba headed wide.

Everyone did their jobs, including our fans who were excellent, especially block D where the fans were on it - well done blueboys!

A very happy end to the season - 19th of May rings a bell too.....

1 hour ago, Davey Baby said:

I was expecting a crap game, they would score, close it down, we wouldn't have enough going forward, and we would lose, a very disappointing end to a very disappointing season.

Instead, we scored, we closed the game down, they didn't have enough going forward, and they lost, and I feel strangely ecstatic, despite the disappointing season. 

Beating Utd is always good. Beating Jose is always good. Winning trophies is always good, and we just can't stop winning trophies, no matter how sh*t we are. We win when we're sh*t and we win when we're good. It's all good.

The best bit of the game? Jose's post-match interview, where he complained about our negative tactics. I'll probably never watch the game again but I'll have that interview on a continuous loop for a good few years. 

We learned from the best Jose me ol mucker. You were the one that taught us it.

Anyway, Hazard is a hero, Kante is phenomenal, we are so lucky to have him, thank god Cahill played instead of Christensen, our whole defence were bloody good. Even Baka was good. Courtois was good. We might not have played any football but we were all good.

It's a positive end, a very positive end, it brings some positive vibes back to the club which is very important, it reconnects the fans to the club and to the team and vice versa, I feel it's a very important win, it's important we build on it, it's made Chelsea fans happy and that's important after the sh*t we've suffered this season, and some of our players win their first trophy with us which helps them with their confidence going forward, winning breeds winning, we want these guys to win a lot more with us.

Lastly back to Jose. He was very uptight from the outset. His body language was all wrong. He was very upset Lukaku declared himself unfit, you could see it clearly in his pre-match interview. Without his big lump up front he had no ideas and he was livid about it and blamed Lukaku and couldn't shake it from his mind. He was scowling before a ball was kicked. 

I was dreading watching him lord it over us at Wembley, with Lukaku and Matic in tow, with c**ts like Young and Herrera in their side. It would have been horrible.

Edit: Instead it was very very nice indeed. We beat Jose at his own game. It tastes so sweet.

Ah it's like old times Davey - I can't be arsed to articulate what I feel but come on here to find you've done it for me.  Always goddess to get a trophy. And beat Manure. And beat Jose. Sweet. 

A great day at Wembley. A few beers before hand and a few after. Always nice to beat United.

Chelsea fans were brilliant. Out sung the United fans - hardly heard a word out of them. We were in block D and the atmosphere was brilliant. Rudiger was brilliant. We played very well as a unit and defending, with the exception of a couple of moments, was superb.

Was surprised that Jones wasn't sent-off. Looked a red card from where we were sitting. As for Ashley Young, what a cheat. And not very good either. Can't understand how he is going to the World Cup.

At half-time saw a couple of guys I used to work so good to catch up with them. In the pub afterwards we raised a glass to Ray. The cup was for him.

Will watch the game tomorrow when I'm a bit more sober. 

KTBFFH.

Edited by Boyne

Season saved for me.

I was bitterly disappointed last season that we lost the final to arsenal. We were champions and yet I felt it was spoiled by that loss.

Rightly imo now our season is a good one. The fa cup matters so we should all enjoy winning it.

Even if we were still playing now United would not score. We gave them little but what we did they wasted poorly. Conte said to them "Go on then jose break us down if you can". They could not.

We were sh*te for most of the match. United were just worse than us and sometimes, that's all you need in football. Chuffed to bits about the win! 6 years later, we finally win another FA Cup. 

Great performance from Kante and Rudiger. Bakayoko was also very good. Hazard and Cahill too. Good end to the Conte era (hopefully).

10 hours ago, PraetorianGuard said:

Conte got his tactics right today. That's for sure.

Factually correct as we won. But christ do we have to go through the wrangler every single game. As someone else quoted on this forum we are one of the best box to box teams in the league...from their box back to ours.

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho felt Chelsea did not deserve to win the FA Cup, accusing them of defending with "nine players" in Saturday's final at Wembley.

Chelsea won the competition for the eighth time after Eden Hazard's first-half penalty gave the Blues a 1-0 victory.

However, Mourinho felt Manchester United were the better team throughout.

"I congratulate them but I don't think they deserved to win," he said.

"I congratulated them. I am Manchester United manager and I have to be respectful, not just because they are my previous club but because they are the opponents today and I think we deserved to win. I think we were the best team, but that is football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44186246