• Mikel
    • Lampard
    • Bertrand
    • Torres
    • Mata
    • Hazard
    • Oscar
    • Meireles

JT for me. Lost count of the headers he won and tackles he made and he captained the side so well - especially when Wigan were putting us under pressure.

Hazard had a great debut (very Joe Cole like) but faded in the second 45 and was rightly hooked.

Despite the end to this game, overall I thought Terry was fantastic. He knew this was going to be a potential banana skin of a game, and he led with his usual determination, limping out of challenges, putting his head through nearly everything. There was certainly that mix up at the end where he turned away and Cech still rolled the ball to him, but that's as much Cech's fault as it is John's.

Hazard looks fantastic, as did Oscar in the time he was on the pitch, and I actually thought that Ivan and Mata were good throughout the game. I see Hazard got the Sky MOTM vote, and Lampard when presenting it to him said something along the lines of "first of many more to come!" Wise word from Frank.

For me Ivanovic is MOTM. Hazard was great in the beginning, but became a bit sloppy later on, while Ivanovic gave us the lead and defended solidly the whole game

Ivanovic was constantly beaten by Moses. Shoddy defensive performance from him. Also ha a few crossing opportunities he wasted. Beside from the goal it was a lackluster performance from him..

Double, double, double,

John Terry has won the double

and my vote for Man of the Match.

It's all very well creating stuff Eden, but can you defend?

Exquisite pass for the goal though. Must be watching Mikel in training.

Double, double, double,

John Terry has won the double

and my vote for Man of the Match.

It's all very well creating stuff Eden, but can you defend?

Exquisite pass for the goal though. Must be watching Mikel in training.

We didn't sign a defender we signed a winger / attacking center midfielder.

Ivanovic was constantly beaten by Moses. Shoddy defensive performance from him. Also ha a few crossing opportunities he wasted. Beside from the goal it was a lackluster performance from him..

Have to say I agree. He was constantly found wandering inside, leaving a winger free down their left, forcing Luiz to scurry across and cover.

Im going for Hazard in what was a fairly poor performance from the team overall. Frank and Mikel were very slow in moving the ball from the middle, something that needs to improve for this formation to be more effective.

I must say I was surprised that Ivan was getting MOTM votes- he of course took his goal very well however I thought it was a pretty sub-par performance from him defensively.

As noted above he was beaten down his side on more than one occasion and tbh the majority of their more dangerous looking attacks seemed to be down their left with Ivan getting beaten in the process for a couple, quite uncharacteristically I thought.

I'd be more then happy to vote for Eden just for the way he turned Ramis in midfield & laid on the pass for Ivan to score........football at its simple,skillfull best.

But considering the pressure of the media,fans & the Wigan cloggers,I think he did pretty well in his first Premier League game to be honest.