César 'Dave' Azpilicueta

Dave is what we need now. As he is 23 and has pace and looks like he never runs out of energy. The lads were very tired towards end of the game but Dave still managed to make the runs he always makes. Same thing with Bertie really. They don't need to be super tidy all the time as long as they keep on running.

Great to have a nice humble bloke like Azpilicueta in the team.

Ignoring the unfortunate own goal, I thought he played quite well again and is in my opinion now our best option at Right Back over Ivanovic. 

well at the moment, luiz and ivan look very solid in defence so for me, ivan should still be in the first 11

He looked poor before the international break but I agree, since then he's performing much better and has looked very good back in centre of defense.

Before the international break he was left out of a fair few games for us, maybe he needed to be left out for those few games to get back to his best.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't believe people in this thread don't rate him that well. I'm a massive fan of Dave.

The lads had a brilliant first season. He's been brilliant for the team and he's been as good a signing as Hazard and Oscar in that regard. Can't believe he's that young and we got him that cheap. He'll improve all the time, but he's still quality as of now, putting in so many great performances.

Can't believe people in this thread don't rate him that well. I'm a massive fan of Dave.

The lads had a brilliant first season. He's been brilliant for the team and he's been as good a signing as Hazard and Oscar in that regard. Can't believe he's that young and we got him that cheap. He'll improve all the time, but he's still quality as of now, putting in so many great performances.

agreed

i dont like his diving though