Should Mourinho be given full control over transfers ?

Tommy26

IF as we are led to believe, Jose is on his way here then should jose have full control over transfers ?

For all that the board have done wrong i have to say i am very happy with the players we have been recruiting, Hazard, Oscar Mata, Lukaku De Bruyne.

They have been buying young players, but most importantly the RIGHT young players, Mata was a good player before he come to chelsea but there was no guarantee that he would become as a good as he has when he came here, Oscar was one of a bunch of brazilian youngsters we could have brought and he will only get better next year. Hazard has the potential to go all the very way to the top if he chooses too, he has everything.

Lukaku has proven alot of people here wrong, just goes to show what regular football and confidence can do ! To think he is only 19 it is a scary thought ! De Bruyne has been outstanding in Germany and deserves the plaudits coming his way.

Now i feel that Jose should go to the board and ask for example a CB and the board come back to him with 3 names and Jose picks who he thinks best fits into his chelsea team. Jose's transfer buys haven't exactly been the greatest and i credit the board that despite the turmoil at the club, which although is a doing of their own we still have a young, quality squad and the potential in it is scary ! very excited to see what the next few years have in store for us.

i kind of fear jose will disregard the likes of kdb, lukaku, chalobah, etc, and just buy a couple of expensive players while bringing in a few squad players from madrid

but i still dont see a better option as far as managers go

yes because everywhere jose has managed he seems to know the value of a home contingent.

He does but really he has already had the players in place, such as Frank and JT here, At madrid he had casillas, ramos and alonso.

at porto he had Riccy, paulo, deco.  and Inter he didn't really have a strong italian base at all

I don't think so, we've made some good signings in recent years and while he should certainly have a say, he shouldn't have free reign to spend as he pleases.

The flip side is certainly no signings should be made without his approval.

The policy seems to have Changed at the club now and dare I say it, for the better.

The club appears to have outlined a style and identity they want for the club and are buying a certain style of player to implement that on pitch.

If you change your transfer policy every time a new manager comes in (and considering our previous with managerial changes) you can end up with a very mismatched and unbalanced squad.

Jose, or whoever the new manager is, might come in and say, "the squad needs another forward" and then Michael Emenalo and the scouts will identify suitable players to bring in and strengthen that part of the team.

By doing this it also allows the manager to fully focus on the team and not worry about player recruitment as well. 

Yes.

Whilst we have done well to bring in Hazard, Oscar, Mata, they were hardly nobodies and amazing strokes of intelligence, they were top of the list for many clubs.

If it means Jose splashing the cash to bring in proven players who can make us win the league then I am all for it.

I am not really bothered at all if we don't wait on guys like KDB, who in reality may not even cut it at Chelsea!

Getting players through the system is an extremely difficult task as we are always going for the top prizes, fielding youngsters is nearly always a massive gamble.

Really happy for Bertrand, but he is bit of an exception and I think we will struggle for a few years yet to get more academy breakthroughs playing regularly in the first team.

Involved and consulted yes but not full control.

Emenalo and his team have done great work over the last several windows.

Brave man for saying that on here, he's only 3rd behind Benitez and Hitler in most hated people to most on this board.

i kind of fear jose will disregard the likes of kdb, lukaku, chalobah, etc, and just buy a couple of expensive players while bringing in a few squad players from madrid

but i still dont see a better option as far as managers go

given the fact that the board seem ready to let KDB go to dortmund, i wouldnt say thats too much of a worry. Id also imagine jose would relish teaming up with a powerful striker like lukaku next season, especially given the current alternatives. i would say that jose should be reponsible for signing players that are ready for the first team, and emenalo can keep finding the youngsters for the future.  

He must be let to manage the club his way.

If its quick fix football fine, but if we want to keep building, let him run the club

and don't interfere.

It has to be a project from start to finish so when the day comes, hopefull a longer stint this time, it'll be

easier for someone to come in and keep playing our particular style.

No, not complete control. Everyone needs someone to challenge them and get them to justify their case, plus Roman signs the cheques. It's only right that a man who has put £1BN of his own money where his mouth is and brought us success we never thought possible, has some say FFS. Surely the money Roman has invested means he should at least get to choose some players he likes, otherwise what's the point of being one of a very tiny number of people in the world rich enough to own one of Europe's elite clubs?

Say for example, Mourinho wanted Adebayor. For me that would be a definite NO. Greedy mercenary, who I would never want to see in a Chelsea shirt. I hope that someone, be it RA or whoever has a mandate to say no to Jose but work with him to suggest other targets.

Kezman?

Or do you mean Kalou?

Pizzaro?

Kezman - costed 5 million was sold for the same amount

Kalou - turned out to be a decent squad member despite the animosity geared towards him

Pizzaro - never really played; signed on a free 

Archived