Willian

13 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

The workrate, defensive contribution is a myth... he's arguably the second most skilled player on the team behind Hazard, but what he contributes on the field is minimal.

This drove me nuts

He hasn't had great work rate since Mourinho. 

6 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

30 league appearances for the season now and just the three goals. 

1 goal every 10 games for an attacking midfielder is frankly sh*t. 

He's basically matching the output of Theo Walcott. 

and he never passes in the box too even if the other player is in a better position 

6 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

So glad someone posted a video of this, drove me crazy watching that live. How on earth has he been at Chelsea for 6 years??? Shows how sh*t we've been in the attacking department and recruitment for this position.

He had a call from Abramovich.

I'm sure I'm looking wayyyyy too much into this...call it paranoia....

But Chelsea puts Willian in an inordinate amount of their promotional material. Sponsored content, Game Previews, graphics, etc... Are they getting us ready for him to be the face of the club next season with Eden gone, or is he just a marketable bloke with a terrific smile?

15 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

But Chelsea puts Willian in an inordinate amount of their promotional material. Sponsored content, Game Previews, graphics, etc... Are they getting us ready for him to be the face of the club next season with Eden gone, or is he just a marketable bloke with a terrific smile?

..........that rarely gets seen during a game. It's usually a frown with a shrug of the shoulders!

Anyway hope you are wrong and it is just you being paranoid!

55 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

I know a little about organisational structure and trust me our marketing team will have very little insight into our plans for next season at this stage. 

Edited by bisright1

1 hour ago, Skinnedy said:

Willian < Kante

• 4 weeks later...

30 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Worst season in a Chelsea shirt?.

Maybe

Not that his overall performances are noticeable any worse but his more telling contributions are have pretty much dried up. 

3 goals in 31 league appearances is his worst return since the 14/15 season where he got 2 goals in 36 appearances. 

In seven seasons at Chelsea he's managed 28 goals. 

Sadio Mane has scored 43 goals in three season for Liverpool. 

Guest Sindre
2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

In seven seasons at Chelsea he's managed 28 goals. 

Sadio Mane has scored 43 goals in three season for Liverpool. 

Yeah, and Salah got that in like 7 months for Liverpool.

I don't know if it was the clubs or Sarri's idea to reject all those bids from Barcelona but it was a stupid descision in any case.

20 minutes ago, Sindre said:

I don't know if it was the clubs or Sarri's idea to reject all those bids from Barcelona but it was a stupid descision in any case.

Especially because, if the rumored amount of the bid was true, it essentially funded the purchase of his replacement in Pulisic.

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

We really should have sold him after his childish dig at Conte.

Hopefully it’s his last season at Chelsea. The only thing he’s very good at is dribbling. 

Those big bids we turned down.

Now we have to chose between him or Pedro for a European final...would rather Ryan Bertrand again. Or maybe is false 9 and them both....

On 16/04/2019 at 13:14, bisright1 said:

I know a little about organisational structure and trust me our marketing team will have very little insight into our plans for next season at this stage. 

Most marketing professionals I know have very little idea about marketing, let alone anything else !

On 10/05/2019 at 16:35, Sindre said:

It tends to be the way for any club with a new manager.

As flawed as Willian is he's been one of the faces of our team for over half a decade and has his uses, selling him would have led to pressure to replace him while we already had a lot going on trying to get our new manager in, we could have easily ended up with another Cuadrado.

If a big bid comes in this summer, I would hope we would accept it.