Zouma - If Kurt's Happy, I'm Happy!

If initial reports were January, I think that hoping to see him at the start of the season may be a bit premature.

Initially it was reported he would be out for 6 months. Back in light training so I think by September he will definitely be back in contention, so may only miss a game or 2.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10160656/kurt-zouma-reveals-he-has-damaged-cruciate-ligament

Edited by big blue

Initially it was reported he would be out for 6 months. Back in light training so I think by September he will definitely be back in contention, so may only miss a game or 2.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10160656/kurt-zouma-reveals-he-has-damaged-cruciate-ligament

Not even the bleakest scenario had him out untill January. He will be back in September most likely. My guess is after the international break

Thanks to you both.  Must've got January from a Twitter ITK :)

Anyway, the sooner he is back, the better.  I did read that Conte is sympathetic to his injury seeing as it was the same injury that he himself had as a player.  SO he will not rush it. 

• 4 weeks later...

watching videos of him training yesterday, looks like it wont be long till he makes his return!  :JC_doubleup:

every picture that I have seen Young Kurt this summer shows he is a bit leaner than before - I am hyped to see the return of this lad - He made a real impact in our defense last season & it was missed when he was injured

CqFsHf5WYAIrElB.jpg

Great to see him on the mend and as it looks fairly unlikely we'll bring in another centre back, his return could be vital.

The only thing that worries me (well not the only thing because his knee is the obvious thing) is that while he's one of those players us fans love, his potential for me remains very much potential. During his lay-off I've sometimes felt that people think we've been missing a prime Terry or Desailly quality centre back. I can't help but feel his erratic game is still a challenge for him and his coaches. After all, it's that erratic style that lead to his ACL injury. Even Bruce Lee wouldn't have attempted that kick.

When he comes back, do we automatically assume that we'll change formation, though?  I can't see us going 3 at the back with so little recognized CB's at this time.

Also, when he does come back, who does he replace? Cahill or JT?

When he comes back, do we automatically assume that we'll change formation, though?  I can't see us going 3 at the back with so little recognized CB's at this time.

Also, when he does come back, who does he replace? Cahill or JT?

Think it might be good to match his physicality and speed next to Terry who is still the best organizer and reader of the game we have.  I certainly think he'd get more out of playing with Terry but simple fact is he will most likely have to replace Terry in a fair amount of games this season just to keep Terry fresh and on his legs.  

Depending when he is match fit, Zouma might very well play more games than either Cahill or Terry this season (Im assuming he will become the ever-present CB once 100% again),