Following Our Nearest and Dearest Rivals, 2014-15

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

The entire playoff system in every league should be scrapped imo, its completely unfair on whoever comes 3rd when the team thats 6th can take their spot because of a one-off game.

From a business standpoint in Rugby and in the lower leagues it kind of works but I agree that it's very unfair. It would be massively unfair to have it decide who the Champions are though.

What awful crap is this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3077782/The-Premier-League-needs-play-offs-liven-drab-end-season-games-like-Arsenal-s-defeat-Swansea-City.html

Playoffs? This isn't Rugby League where finishing top practically means jack sh*t. If they did play offs to decide who would be Champions what's the point finishing first?

To be honest it doesn't surprise me, Adrian Durham is a complete twonk.

Once we'd guaranteed a top six place, probably about March, wouldn't we do exactly what we've done since clinching the title and ease off? After all, there'd be no real advantage between finishing 1st or 6th. He'd still be complaining.

As I've missed most of this conversation, didn't see the game and haven't read any reports from last night - what's the deal with the Swansea goal? Should it have been disallowed for whatever reason? Was there a foul? Sorry you've probably all covered this!

Proof that the goal line technology works. 

Ball went over the line and the referee had the confidence in the technology to trust that it was correct and didn't try to dispute that it may not have been a goal. 

Ospina was wagging his finger at the decision but it's now a fool's errand trying to dispute those decisions. I think football is the richer for it.

As I've missed most of this conversation, didn't see the game and haven't read any reports from last night - what's the deal with the Swansea goal? Should it have been disallowed for whatever reason? Was there a foul? Sorry you've probably all covered this!

Nope it was correctly given because it crossed the line but it probably wouldn't have been given before video tech

Funnily enough, a Gooner at Arsenal-Mania reckons it wouldn't have been given were it against Chelsea or United etc. I think it's correct to say some of them are delusional idiots, of course it would have been given as it crossed the line and the ref got buzzed.

Proof that the goal line technology works. 

Ball went over the line and the referee had the confidence in the technology to trust that it was correct and didn't try to dispute that it may not have been a goal. 

Ospina was wagging his finger at the decision but it's now a fool's errand trying to dispute those decisions. I think football is the richer for it.

Agree. Players, managers, fans etc have been requesting goal-line technology for years now. Now it's in there are no excuses for complaints.

Only an idiot would dispute it.

Tech is 100% accurate compared to human error but still you get daft goons complaining.

nothing is 100% accurate all the time.

Humans create the technology remember, plus there are always external factors which can come into play.

Humans create the technology remember, plus there are always external factors which can come into play.

Well when the pictures it beams back show the ball over the line then there's absolutely no doubt its a goal which is what happened here.

Folk will always argue it in any case, I knew bringing this would not end the debate as sometimes nothing is ever good enough to avoid doubt sadly.

Regarding Arsenal Fan TV, I've watched a lot of the interviews over the course of the season and it presents an interesting chasm between the attitudes of the more old school Arsenal fans, like Claude, and those of the new breed, like Ty and Moh.

Whilst he is clearly very emotional, Claude actually talks a lot of sense. He hasn't forgotten what the Arsenal of old were like in the 90's, how they could grind out results, 'bore' the opposition but still win games and ultimately trophies. He gets what Football is about ie. winning.

I feel sorry for Claude in some ways because he must find the new breed of Arsenal fan utterly embarrassing. The likes of Ty, Moh are all so engrossed by Arsenal FC's grand narratives - 'tradition', 'class', playing football the 'right' way, and this insistence on winning negligible victories to mask the ultimate failures of their team - that they've almost become blind to what really matters.

Basically, laugh at Claude as much as you like but at least he knows what he's talking about! Unlike the myopic Megastore Men.

he was actually praising our fans for applauding gerrard when he got subbed off

he's probably conscious about what other fans(chelsea) think of him since he was invited on one of our shows leading up to the liverpool game

But nothing like this should even be discussed in the matter, it was a goal clear as day, the technology is hardly going to be wrong also given that it's assessed after the ball goes in. 

So if Arsenal fans or any other fans are arguing about goal line technology they are the idiots. 

Sorry I'm spamming this in a couple of appropriate threads, this being one of them. The top picture came up on my time hope from 1 year ago today and obviously we all know what happened Sunday so I thought I'd merge.

post-109-0-85549800-1431456408_thumb.jpg