Ruben Loftus-Cheek

He looks like he lost some of muscle mass from his upper body, that can benefit him and prevent injuries if he has lost some weight overall since he's as tall as Tammy.

He'll be a great boost for us before the season ends, last season he showed he can change the game flow in the final third.

Anyone who is thinking we will get March-May of last season Loftus Cheek back straight away are in for a very rude awakening.

It will take him quite some time before we see those heights again, probably about the Autumn/Winter of next season at the absolute earliest. I'm worried expectations of his return are becoming too high.

12 minutes ago, Argo said:

Anyone who is thinking we will get March-May of last season Loftus Cheek back straight away are in for a very rude awakening.

It will take him quite some time before we see those heights again, probably about the Autumn/Winter of next season at the absolute earliest. I'm worried expectations of his return are becoming too high.

I think the majority will just be happy to see him playing football again. As far as his performances go, it's not something I will even be thinking about. All I want is for him to be ready for next season.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

I think the majority will just be happy to see him playing football again. As far as his performances go, it's not something I will even be thinking about. All I want is for him to be ready for next season.

Will the general fanbase be as patient though? They said they would stick by the young players through a sticky patch and many renaged the minute the time came to put said patience into practice, look at Callum's thread in recent months for example.

I fear these expectations of him coming back and giving us a massive boost will lead to him being a target of the boo boys when it becomes clear that won't be happening.

3 hours ago, Argo said:

Will the general fanbase be as patient though? They said they would stick by the young players through a sticky patch and many renaged the minute the time came to put said patience into practice, look at Callum's thread in recent months for example.

I fear these expectations of him coming back and giving us a massive boost will lead to him being a target of the boo boys when it becomes clear that won't be happening.

And you are so sure that he won't be a boost for the whole team because you have a crystal ball or something?

20 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

And you are so sure that he won't be a boost for the whole team because you have a crystal ball or something?

Based on how 99.9999999 recurring amount of players who return from a serious injury need a bit of time to recover their previous level if they do atall.

1 minute ago, Argo said:

Based on how 99.9999999 recurring amount of players who return from a serious injury need a bit of time to recover their previous level if they do atall.

Sure, but he's still a boost to the whole squad when he comes back either way.

On 18/01/2020 at 23:24, axman2526 said:

Another game where a fully fit and in form RLC would have won for us.

What could have been baring the dumb idea to play him on thar dogsh*t pitch.

Not just him but any of our players. It is one thing if you have to play on a bad surface in a league/cup game but this was a friendly game organized at the worst possible time. Poor judgement all round.

6 minutes ago, robdog said:

@axman2526 no bro, bring him in the last 15 minutes - start him off slow & tbf that is what Super Frank has always done since he has been gaffer at CFC

Cannot be over-estimated how goo and important a player he is for us.

This team needs a real rebuild. RLC forms part of the new spine along with Reece James. rest of the places are up for grabs imo. 

1 hour ago, robdog said:

I read a report on twitter today that RLC practiced with the first team. I don't have a video or pict to support this, but if this news is true then it's very good news for Chelsea

EPDx9olXUAAvdAv?format=jpg&name=small

Yep, it's been confirmed. Ruben is back in full training with the first team! Will probably still be a few weeks before he sees any action though.

This is a massive boost!