Thibaut Courtois

Krc-fan
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Crouch? Caught playing away in Spain. Lucky to get one woman.

TBH imagine being a gifted footballer, rich etc etc and girls throw themselves at you. Would you say NO? Did not think so.....

Haha don't worry mate, I'm taking the piss more than genuinely criticising him. Generally speaking I don't care a great deal about what footballers get up to off the pitch (when it's convenient)

Haha don't worry mate, I'm taking the piss more than genuinely criticising him. Generally speaking I don't care a great deal about what footballers get up to off the pitch (when it's convenient)

If he lost a stone or 3 in weight he would probably be Crouch's twin lol Just don't let him try and do the robot dance.

Providing their football does not suffer who cares eh!

If he lost a stone or 3 in weight he would probably be Crouch's twin lol Just don't let him try and do the robot dance.

Providing their football does not suffer who cares eh!

3 stone and a whole bunch of talent. I remember when Crouch joined Liverpool didn't it take him forever to score or something?

Generally think he's been a pretty overrated player over the years. If he wasn't homegrown I'm sure he wouldn't even be spoken about.

Edited by MissouriBlue

I think Peter Crouch has been criminally underrated throughout his career and would have a) been taken more seriously and b) had his technical talent properly recognised if he hadn't been so ridiculously tall and goofy-looking. He's basically the closest thing England has to Ibrahimovic (although that says more about how sh*t English players are than how good Crouch is). He's still fairly good even now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

"To miss Thibaut Courtois for a couple of matches we knew we had good protection, but to lose him for three months - for 19 matches - without the best goalkeeper in the world, is tough for us.'' 

"Now we are back to a situation with the best and one very good. Sooner or later, he will be my number one. If he does not play against Bournemouth he will play against Porto."

begovic has been great for us the past few months but he doesnt have the saves that tibo has in his locker.prime example is the stoke game.iv watched the goal a few times now and i think tibo would have pushed that one around the post

That is incredibly Harsh on Begovic, he has been one of our best players this season

I know Courtois is an incredible keeper and has unbelievable saves in his locker but he also has the odd error here and there which I don't see in Begovic.

That is incredibly Harsh on Begovic, he has been one of our best players this season

I know Courtois is an incredible keeper and has unbelievable saves in his locker but he also has the odd error here and there which I don't see in Begovic.

bego is a sound goalkeeper, but we have missed courtois hugely, not just his saves, and yes he would have saved that goal at stoke, but his taking of crosses and the confidence he will bring to our defence

bego is a sound goalkeeper, but we have missed courtois hugely, not just his saves, and yes he would have saved that goal at stoke, but his taking of crosses and the confidence he will bring to our defence

Yes Courtois is a fine keeper and maybe an upgrade on Begovic but Begovic has done a fine job in his absence and I don't believe we have missed Courtois all that much. Begovic has done well coming out to crosses and had great command of his area, as far as the goal against Stoke is concerned it's all subjective whether TBO would have saved it or not but I certainly wouldnt call it a howler.

Yes Courtois is a fine keeper and maybe an upgrade on Begovic but Begovic has done a fine job in his absence and I don't believe we have missed Courtois all that much. Begovic has done well coming out to crosses and had great command of his area, as far as the goal against Stoke is concerned it's all subjective whether TBO would have saved it or not but I certainly wouldnt call it a howler.

Especially when Courtois started the season as poor as the rest of our players before he picked up his injury.

Begovic is an outstanding keeper, and a far better second choice than I could ever possibly have dreamed of as a replacement for Big Pete.

Thank God we did sign someone of his calibre considering the extent of Courtois' injury... imagine if we'd had Rob Green in goal this entire time!