Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

It's always the same teams but that's not their fault.

English clubs have been having a mare since we won it and even before then given our means and squads. It's the same teams because they are the best teams so it's always likely they will be the last men standing come the knockouts. 

Now and then you get a Monaco or a Dortmund who get to the latter knockout stages or even finals but we all know it's more likely than not going to be a Barca, Real, Juve or another 2 sides that are going to be in the final.

Hopefully next season we can go far and with our squad, the additions and Conte we really have no excuse not to.

3 hours ago, JoseBlues said:

Nope. For me it is still Messi

2 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

Not really Ronaldo will never be in the same class as Messi

2 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

You should try watching Barca there is this new guy called Messi.

If you rate Messi over Ronaldo fair enough. I will forever say Ronaldo is the best player I have ever seen and that he is better than Messi. You also don't need to do three seperate quotes claiming your love for Messi over Robaldo. You're a typical fan of obe if the two that can't stand others making there own statement based on there own judgements regarding the pair. Get over your complex and just prefer the one you do.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

Think Ronaldo is the better athlete and has the better all-round game (including unbelievable heading ability). But for natural skill, and draw-dropping dribbles, assists, goals, Messi is No.1 IMO. He does the kind of thing Hazard did against Arsenal this season but much more frequently.

Edited by Nibs

1 hour ago, JoseBlues said:

No idea what the above post meant

I'm basically saying people need to stop having a complex if one prefers either Ronaldo or Messi. When one does well and people rave about them it's always followed up with so and so is better. It's just pathetic and annoying. People should be loving the fact that we're living in a generation where we have two footballers defying all the odds at the same time. Most generations only had one at a time like that. The versus debate has been done to death and is just boring at this stage.

Edit: I realised wat I've done in that post. I thought kiwi had posted three times but one was yours. My apologies on that.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

Just now, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I'm basically saying people need to stop having a complex if one prefers either Ronaldo or Messi. When one does well and people rave about them it's always followed up with so and so is better. It's just pathetic and annoying. People should be loving the fact that we're living in a generation where we have two footballers defying all the odds at the same time. Most generations only had one at a time like that. The versus debate has been done to death and is just boring at this stage.

Yeha, but Lampard is better than Gerrard.

11 hours ago, enigma said:

anyone else growing a bit bored of the champions league? i am feeling a bit like that towards it. not just because we aren't in it, but it's always the same old clubs making it through to the final. over the last 3/4 seasons it's been an all madrid final, and a real madrid vs juventus final. if juventus get through, it will be another real/juve final. god forbid real madrid winning another final; it is kind of sickening tbh. 

I used to watch every televised match until the end. Now I can't be bothered anymore after 10 minutes watching from the corner of my eye.

I've actually not been as fussed about the Champions League since we won it. It was the holy grail for so long but now it's lost its sheen. For me the Premier League is the bread and butter, I'd take that over the CL anyway.

As for the competition itself it is boring, English clubs are even willing to risk sacrificing it by toying with there line ups in the group phase to concentrate on the league. I think it has fallen in some ways especially in this country. I don't think it moving to BT has done it any favours either.

5 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

Wasn't sure where to post this so I will leave it here. 

Sin bins to be trialled from next season: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39790484

In the lower leagues. Would love to see it arrive in the PL in the next few years. Would sort out those fools who get booked for dissent 

Meh I'm sick of them trying to mess with the game. I'm dead against video referees aswell. Goal line technology was as far as it should go imo. Errors are part of the game and part of what makes football interesting. I don't want it to become robotic like Rugby league or almost any choice of American sports.

8 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Meh I'm sick of them trying to mess with the game. I'm dead against video referees aswell. Goal line technology was as far as it should go imo. Errors are part of the game and part of what makes football interesting. I don't want it to become robotic like Rugby league or almost any choice of American sports.

Be that as it may, football has a massive attitude problem. The way players surround referees and their general behaviour is appalling. Sin bins are the right way to go.

Video replays are needed to catch out scum like Kane and Rashford diving all over the place 

24 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

Be that as it may, football has a massive attitude problem. The way players surround referees and their general behaviour is appalling. Sin bins are the right way to go.

Video replays are needed to catch out scum like Kane and Rashford diving all over the place 

I don't disagree agree with with that but I think they could just hand out red cards and people would soon stop. If sin bins come in they will be there forever no doubt. So a team would be down to 10 men for a period or so. I just don't like that, it's fine when it's an injury but sin bins is too far imo.

I am against video referees completely. It will slow the game down, turn it into a sideshow like Rugby League. Controversy is a part of the game. 

Gary Mabbutt ‘we've made Chelsea look ordinary’. We're first in the league and we've beaten spurs twice, how the hell have they made us look ordinary? I'd love to know what drugs Spurs fans are on.

Edited by Floyd25

1 hour ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

If it takes out nights like PSG vs Barcelona, then I am all in for video refrees

1 hour ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I don't disagree agree with with that but I think they could just hand out red cards and people would soon stop. If sin bins come in they will be there forever no doubt. So a team would be down to 10 men for a period or so. I just don't like that, it's fine when it's an injury but sin bins is too far imo.

I am against video referees completely. It will slow the game down, turn it into a sideshow like Rugby League. Controversy is a part of the game. 

I don't want to see sin bins but as a rugby league fan i'd say video referees have improved the game personally, the reason for much of the dissent by players is because of contentious decisions being unfairly awarded against.

Without VAR the likes of Rashford will continue to get away with diving.

Edited by the special one

10 hours ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

Get better soon Aaron Lennon ! 

Poor bar steward, I know we all would give our right bollock to be a pro footballer, but there definitely is a down side to it. Have you read Robert Enke`s book, really sad.

10 minutes ago, SydneyChelsea said:

I never understand why people have this attitude - it's a forum, discussion is supposed to happen!

I get that but if Ronaldo breaks a record it's just pathetic for someone to reply "Messi is better" and vice versa. Kiwi was basically saying my opinion was wrong which isn't the point of a forum. End of the day the Ronaldo v Messi debate has been done to death and if one achieves something it's not constructive to then say one is better to try and get a reaction.