Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

What has been worse, the w**kfest over Spurs nearly winning the league or the w**kfest when Liverpool were about to win it from the media?

I'd have to say Liverpool  maybe being from Ireland sways my decision towards them.   It was brutal  over here.  

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

What has been worse, the w**kfest over Spurs nearly winning the league or the w**kfest when Liverpool were about to win it from the media?

Liverpool, easily. 

Continuously reading how the "neutrals" were routing for them was embarrassing. 

Then you had the ex reds as pundits and commentators on pretty much every channel sitting there all smug every week. It was excruciating.  

4 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Liverpool, easily. 

Then you had the ex reds as pundits and commentators on pretty much every channel sitting there all smug every week. It was excruciating.  

Good points yeah I think Liverpool was worse actually thinking back. Gotta admit though made it all the better when they f**ked it up :laugh2:

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

4 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I just saw what Carragher said on MNF about Spurs been "unlucky" in the title race, he said were we we in Europe they'd probably be top with 4 games to go. But you can't say that for sure, we'd probably have a bigger squad if we were in Europe, we may even gave another special player. Honestly the Sky love in over Spurs is major cringeworthy, just makes the fact we're top with 4 games to go that much sweeter!

Saw it at the time and couldn't believe what I was hearing..,has to go down as the stupidest bit of punditry of the season..,how can you be unlucky because a team is better than you in successive seasons? Also, Spurs have not had the pressure at any point in last two seasons of leading a title race, they have been in a 'nothing to lose' mindset, which is completely different. No-one has expected them to win the League in either season...all the pressure has been on Leicester and chelsea to maintain their leads..,it naturally has an effect on your displays in the latter part - you can't play with as much freedom...I think it's very disrespectful to both Leicester and ourselves - as long as we win it of course! - to suggest luck had anything to do with it.

i keep hearing about the fact Europe has been a big advantage and of course it has in terms of rest and Conte being able to work on tactics. But Spurs had a massive advantage over chelsea in that poch has worked with his players for three years, built the team he wanted, in the style they all now know, plus they came into the campaign off the back of a title challenge, whereas conte took over a squad in disarray and lacking confidence.

in summary, carragher is full of sh*te

44 minutes ago, The Brit said:

Saw it at the time and couldn't believe what I was hearing..,has to go down as the stupidest bit of punditry of the season..,how can you be unlucky because a team is better than you in successive seasons? Also, Spurs have not had the pressure at any point in last two seasons of leading a title race, they have been in a 'nothing to lose' mindset, which is completely different. No-one has expected them to win the League in either season...all the pressure has been on Leicester and chelsea to maintain their leads..,it naturally has an effect on your displays in the latter part - you can't play with as much freedom...I think it's very disrespectful to both Leicester and ourselves - as long as we win it of course! - to suggest luck had anything to do with it.

i keep hearing about the fact Europe has been a big advantage and of course it has in terms of rest and Conte being able to work on tactics. But Spurs had a massive advantage over chelsea in that poch has worked with his players for three years, built the team he wanted, in the style they all now know, plus they came into the campaign off the back of a title challenge, whereas conte took over a squad in disarray and lacking confidence.

So basically he is saying that the Premier league table is fabricated bullsh*t.

Just the kind of cackling drivel you expect from them dirty f**king red neck scousers.

How can Spuds say the extra European games caused them a problem, they barely played any......knocked out of Europe twice in one season ha ha, useless w**kers.

2 hours ago, The Brit said:

Can't wait to see them leading for a few months next season only for them to bottle it when April comes around. Chasing and leading are two different animals

7 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I just saw what Carragher said on MNF about Spurs been "unlucky" in the title race, he said were we we in Europe they'd probably be top with 4 games to go. But you can't say that for sure, we'd probably have a bigger squad if we were in Europe, we may even gave another special player. Honestly the Sky love in over Spurs is major cringeworthy, just makes the fact we're top with 4 games to go that much sweeter!

Tiny fault with his argument is that Spurs haven't been in Europe since February either; and it's debatable if they really were before, finishing third in the group stages behind Leverkusen then going out from the EL right away against Genk...

2 hours ago, The Brit said:

They did the same to us when we won it also, It's nothing but deep rooted hate for the two 'sugar daddy' clubs unfortunately, Let's be honest. I remember when we were going for the title in that Aguero goal season and when we choked the lead with a few games to go, All the pundits were full of praise for United. 'They know how to get over the line' and 'This is what makes Fergie's teams so special' blah, blah. Only for them to choke and had we not won the title in such dramatic fashion which provided ratings out of this world for Sky, They'd have poo poo'd it. There was no 'City deserve to win the title' talk then like there was for Liverpool a few years back and Spurs this year.

It was disgusting listening to talk sport and radio 5 live yesterday, A day after a major weekend in the title race and they are talking about DIVING! Really? Who gives a toss about video refs and diving by Rashford/Sane and Kane. If the English media was honest which it clearly isn't the topic of the day yesterday should have been how Chelsea have embarrassed the two Manchester clubs despite our spending and i have no problems admitting that, Weirdly enough because United spent big and failed and therefore they cannot single us out on that issue, For that reason alone the media haven't gone hard on Pep in my opinion.

If England didn't have a culture of accepting mediocrity and loving the negatives about everything, The talk this Monday should have been us tipping our cap to Chelsea, Assuming they win the title, A 2nd title in 3 years and becoming the dominant force in English football post Fergie which pains me to admit as i was hoping it would be us. Spurs on the other hand? As the Americans say can get the f out of here. I've developed a weird dislike for Pochettino over the past few weeks despite initially being a fan, Even Wenger didn't want to shake his hand after the game on Sunday, All his celebrating and the fake calm aura he tries to present, He's done f-ck all and walks about like he's a Marcelo Bielsa or something.

1 hour ago, Kinkladze1871 said:

They did the same to us when we won it also, It's nothing but deep rooted hate for the two 'sugar daddy' clubs unfortunately, Let's be honest. I remember when we were going for the title in that Aguero goal season and when we choked the lead with a few games to go, All the pundits were full of praise for United. 'They know how to get over the line' and 'This is what makes Fergie's teams so special' blah, blah. Only for them to choke and had we not won the title in such dramatic fashion which provided ratings out of this world for Sky, They'd have poo poo'd it. There was no 'City deserve to win the title' talk then like there was for Liverpool a few years back and Spurs this year.

It was disgusting listening to talk sport and radio 5 live yesterday, A day after a major weekend in the title race and they are talking about DIVING! Really? Who gives a toss about video refs and diving by Rashford/Sane and Kane. If the English media was honest which it clearly isn't the topic of the day yesterday should have been how Chelsea have embarrassed the two Manchester clubs despite our spending and i have no problems admitting that, Weirdly enough because United spent big and failed and therefore they cannot single us out on that issue, For that reason alone the media haven't gone hard on Pep in my opinion.

If England didn't have a culture of accepting mediocrity and loving the negatives about everything, The talk this Monday should have been us tipping our cap to Chelsea, Assuming they win the title, A 2nd title in 3 years and becoming the dominant force in English football post Fergie which pains me to admit as i was hoping it would be us. Spurs on the other hand? As the Americans say can get the f out of here. I've developed a weird dislike for Pochettino over the past few weeks despite initially being a fan, Even Wenger didn't want to shake his hand after the game on Sunday, All his celebrating and the fake calm aura he tries to present, He's done f-ck all and walks about like he's a Marcelo Bielsa or something.

Good rant...reflecting back on 2012, I always thought utd got away with, and still do, over how much they choked...not taking anything away from citeh in the slightest...but given how keegan and his Newcastle teams are always billed as the worst chokers in premier league history, utd were far worse as they had a bigger lead with less games to go. Yet little is ever made of it. I appreciate it's probably because of how many times they did win it, whereas newcastle haven't been champions for 90 years. 

Still it's odd that utd don't get much stick for it...as for your poch rant, spot on...the media's tongue are so far up his arse, no wonder he's walking funny.

2 hours ago, Kinkladze1871 said:

His weird rant about how Xavi is his enemy and wants him to fail is what convinced me his calm aura is complete bullsh*t.

6 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Liverpool, easily. 

I remember on MOTD when Liverpool beat Norwich that Martin Keown said us and City were up against some irresistible wave :laugh2:

33 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

His weird rant about how Xavi is his enemy and wants him to fail is what convinced me his calm aura is complete bullsh*t.

Yeah i agree, That was weird as hell, Did he really get offended with a reporter asking him about one of his players being linked with another club? He's at Spurs and until they prove they aren't a selling club, They are a selling club. We're linked with Walker, Rose and Aldeweireld, Given their history i am confident we will land one of those and what if Madrid or Barca come in for Alli? No, Dele stay here and forget playing with Messi and Ronaldo, We're Spurs, This year we might actually finish 2nd in a two horse race.

That crossing was cleared by an Atlético dfender, the rebound was crossed back into the box and Ronaldo scored from a legal position. But I have doubts about whether the ref should have called an offside in the first cross.

11 minutes ago, robdog said:

not watching the match, but on my Twitter List I saw this image

C-1-WpaXgAQf7fZ.jpg

Please tell me that RM didn't score on that play:huh2:

That crossing was cleared by an Atlético dfender, the rebound was crossed back into the box and Ronaldo scored from a legal position. But I have doubts about whether the ref should have called an offside in the first cross.