Kalidou Koulibaly

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

if he wants to come to us, only thing stopping napoli selling him is a deal for a cb. if they're 90% sure he'll stay why hasn't he signed a contract renewal before now? he's had plenty of time to do so. i would laugh if napoli refused him to leave and he then goes on to have a poor season. 

Edited by enigma

I like how these lads know the exact amount from private e-mail conversations. Emenalo sits at Starbucks and writes an offer and this lad stands behind him.

If you work in investment banking you can be privy to the amount of money being loaned to a club to finance a transfer.  That person may then report to financial reporters on potential business buys for the day (as it can affect the market) and that financial reporter may pass on information to his colleague in sports.  It's possible.

This whole thing reminds me attempt to buy Stones.

Napoli knows we want him badly and are playing games now. Now 60mil is too low. Well f**k it!

Let's sign Maksimovic instead, he's a good alternative for

Koulibaly and since Napoli wants to buy him it would be smack in the face!

If you work in investment banking you can be privy to the amount of money being loaned to a club to finance a transfer. That person may then report to financial reporters on potential business buys for the day (as it can affect the market) and that financial reporter may pass on information to his colleague in sports. It's possible.

Two of my friends are football journalists. It's amazing how well they network with 3rd parties as you mentioned, and how much information is readily available when prodded.

Also, as we all know, agents are often a huge source.

That can't be entirely true. We nailed Fabregas and Costa in a matter of weeks with little other options.

We are going for Champions League quality players without the ability to offer then CL. It's going to be hard but we have to suck it up. We don't have a divine right to players like some people seem to feel.

Edited by SydneyChelsea

problem is, even if we got this guy he'll be away with senegal in january for afcon. we'll end up in same situation in january as we're in now only with zouma back. not entirely confident we can go 4 weeks with zouma as our only reliable back up. 

Edited by enigma

In my opinion we have sh*tty negotiators.

When negotiating always have alternative option to go after and let other side know that.

Also we freaking let them know that we want him badly so you can't blame them for wanting ridiculus amount.

Couldn't disagree more

Maria especially is renowned for her ability for Chelsea and in business as well (nike deal).  

Throwing money at something doesn't make you a good negotiator.  I don't think there is anyone as good as us in the world of football