Alexis Sanchez

jamie#8
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, STATS said:

Summer gone, people thought he was going to leave however I think fans and Hazard himself felt he owed us one more stellar season as he was below-par last season and that is why I can this season being likely as he has made up for last season and been standout in a season we are about to regain the PL title. I hope not but if he does leave this summer it would be on a high, winning a title which prob would make him consider a move as he has said this himself. A lot depends on Hazard. If he wants to leave or if he wants to stay, either way I think Real will test our resolve from which Hazard will make an announcement and that will tell a lot. That is true about Aguero however Zidance is a huge fan of Hazard and rates him as third best player in world and he knows Hazard will improve that team. Let's just hope he is here next season.

Nah he still owes us at least ONE good CL campaign. The 3 seasons he has spent with us in the CL, he has been somewhere between average to underwhelming. He was probably the worst player on the pitch when we played Atletico in the 13/14 semis. Granted our team next season is going to be better than the previous teams we've taken into the CL recently but that's more reason for him to stay and push for a CL title with us. If he wins the CL as our best player or at least one of our top performers, then THAT would truly be him leaving on a high. Not this.

Guest Sindre

Very interesting, apparantly he did say he wants to "finish" his contract with Arsenal as well in the interview but i suspect he means "finish" as in end his Arsenal contract to come here.

Could be quite a significat developement this. He's clearly hinting strongly.

Wonder what a fair price would be for Sanchez, he's 29 with one year left on a contract and would demand massive wages. Someone mentioned 30-40 mn elsewhere, which seems a bit high to me. I like the idea of Sanchez as he provides options in multiple areas, but might prefer to spend the money elsewhere. 

10 minutes ago, VG said:

Wonder what a fair price would be for Sanchez, he's 29 with one year left on a contract and would demand massive wages. Someone mentioned 30-40 mn elsewhere, which seems a bit high to me. I like the idea of Sanchez as he provides options in multiple areas, but might prefer to spend the money elsewhere. 

£30-40m is too high?? He is 28 btw. Turns 29 at the end of the year. However just look at how brilliant he has been since joining the prem. He is one of the best prem scorers and scores goals playing out wide or up front and adds assists and for the last 2 seasons has scored more than 20 goals for Arsenal in all competitions . He will clearly get over the same amount if he joins us or even stays at Arsenal. He is brilliant. If we can snare him from Arsenal and keep Hazard. Just WOW. Sanchez, like Ronaldo keeps himself in top condition and can be playing at his best for another 3 seasons imo. I would pay £50-60m to get him because he would improve the quality of the team and make us a stronger force in the UCL.

While I prefer Hazard to Sanchez, a lot of people would probably argue Sanchez is better. There is not miles apart between the two. Outstanding player. Getting Sanchez for around £30m is as much as a bargain as getting Kante for the price we got him.

Alexis Sanchez: “I’d like to stay in the city, but for a team that is winning, that has a winning mentality,”

That's as clear a "come and get me" message you'll ever see.

He's obviously aimed that at us. Tottenham don't win dick-all after all.

Put the cash on the table and we'll get him.

He wants to stay with Arsenal for another year, yet he wants to win, , what's the hell has he been smoking in Chile? :Troll_Face:

I'm sure we will put in a bid for him, their American owner will look at it, then ask for more $.  Given the inflation in the market, I think 30M is a steal , 40M is a bargain, 50M is on the expensive but acceptable level. We paid 30M for a young striker who couldn't get a game, sure he will get better, but it's fair to say he contributed very little this season. Spurs spent 30M on a midfielder who's not a starter. With Sanchez, he will guarantee goals and assists as long as he plays, we should go all out for him.

Guest Sindre

I assume they club is already working very hard behind the scenes to convince Alexis that we are the club he should join this summer. We can offer him the salary and title credentials.

I would be very surprised if we haven't already been in touch with his agent.

If we convince Sanchez he'll come here this summer. Arsenal are not going to keep a player that less then halfway into next season could sign his Chelsea-contract and then just stroll through the rest of the season while waiting for his move to us. Not happening in a million years.

Alexis Sanchez

In an interview with the Chilean media, Alexis Sanchez has dropped a hint that he may be open to a move to Chelsea in the summer - but is committed to his Arsenal contract.

He said: "I am happy in London and I hope to finish my contract at Arsenal,” said Sanchez, at a press event in Santiago, according to Chilean newspaper Publimetro.

“I like to stay in a city and in a team, but in a team that is a winner, that has a winning mentality.”

:laugh2:

::ChELSeAFaN::

42 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Arsenal won't sell to us.

I don't know about that, they have precedent with RVP, Nasri, Clichy, Cole, Adebayor, Gallas, all sold to direct rivals. I think if we offer the Oscar money they won't say no, probably double what other clubs would offer them. And Sanchez could push hard for it if it's true that he wants to leave but wants to stay in London

Would be great if we could get Sanchez for £50m or less and keep Hazard.

I still think Costa is off if Tianjin bid £90m again like they did in Jan. The Lukaku/Morata stories are just too strong to consider him staying IMO.

Gives the option of Hazard - Morata/Lukaku - Sanchez or Hazard - Sanchez - Pedro/Willian

Whilst Hazard- Costa - Sanchez would be unreal I doubt we will have all 3 next season.

Edited by onlyoneshedend

I've heard a few things doing the rounds.  I think Ruud the other day via Twitter made comment that Chelsea were about to fully back Conte with 2004 like spending."  Which is quite the statement.  I've also read that Conte has stated he will sign a new managerial contract if Chelsea stand behind him and his requests for additional players to challenge in Europe.  This rumour certainly seems to tie into all of that.

I think this season has favoured us, and Conte, by being purely domestic.  It has allowed the current crop fo players to be molded by Conte's philosophy, and it has given Conte himself time to adapt his playing style and understanding of the premier league.  However, Conte is a passionate man; he loves his football, and has stated that for a club like Chelsea to not be in the CL is unacceptable.  If we go on to win the premiership, i bet Conte will celebrate that day, and then the very next he'll be focused with laser-like ambition, on assembling a squad to compete on all fronts next season.

For Conte to do so, we need to add to the squad, and we need top players, not just squad players.  I can see us adding two or three top class signings this summer (i personally don't think we need 2004 levels of spending.  Well, maybe i should state we don't need that sort of influx of players, but the cash outlay may be the same), and Alexis is such a signing.  If we sign him, i think ti drops Willian and Pedro to the "squad" player status, but I can also see us rotating much more in a season where we are competing in Europe; in fact, it's a necessity.  WE haven't changed much this season, other than the initial formation, because we haven't really had to.

*insert obligatory comment about still bringing in the youth here*

1 hour ago, mad_mac said:

Well, maybe i should state we don't need that sort of influx of players, but the cash outlay may be the same...

There's no way we could buy the same number of players in the current market, even if we went for Djilobodji type transfers just to make up the numbers. The likes of Makelele and Crespo would cost close to 100 million each in the current market. Well, obviously not literally those players, but you get the idea... :happy001:

49 minutes ago, Maksimov said:

There's no way we could buy the same number of players in the current market, even if we went for Djilobodji type transfers just to make up the numbers. The likes of Makelele and Crespo would cost close to 100 million each in the current market. Well, obviously not literally those players, but you get the idea... :happy001:

yes exactly

The only way Sanchez will join us if he says he wants out of Arsenal, which i think he does, and says he only wants to join Chelsea. If there are other options then Arsenal will always sell to one of them before selling to us. They will definitely sell him though, there is surely no way they will let his contract run out .