Alex Sandro

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

What are you going on about, literally every single report has said we are about to sign him.

SKY are reporting we are only in talks for him now, a few reports coming out of Turin saying Juve won't sell because he's a required player, La Stampa saying Juve are confident of keeping him, etc.

15 hours ago, Don Conte said:

I know he is good. I just dont see the point of throwing useless money in a position we are covered for when we have more important positions to figure out. Like CB MIDfield and striker. I dont mind 60 M on all 3 positions coz we need upgrades on cahill matic and a striker on Costas level .

We are far from covered at wingback.

4 hours ago, Don Conte said:

2nd best leftback in current??? Chill bro.  He is getting double teamed in Serie A and we all know there is only team in that league. He has made 7 appearances for brazil in the last 6 years and is behind Marcelo and felipe luis for brazil. Danny rose is more proven than sandro since he is proven premiership quality. Bcoz he tears it up in seria A doesnt mean he will in England, it doesnt mean he wont either . I am cool with him competing with alonso and upgrading the position but not at 60M

Go back to 2011 and that was the argument for getting Torres over Suarez or Falcao.

13 minutes ago, Argo said:

We are far from covered at wingback.

i know and we should get a player to compete and provide back up for alonso. Buying sandro for 60Million will make alonso a certified sub. i dont mind sandro, but the price being quoted are ridiculous. He isnt the only left wingback in the world that we can buy.  

1 minute ago, Don Conte said:

i know and we should get a player to compete and provide back up for alonso. Buying sandro for 60Million will make alonso a certified sub. i dont mind sandro, but the price being quoted are ridiculous. He isnt the only left wingback in the world that we can buy.  

He's the only one we can get that is truly world class though.

8 minutes ago, Don Conte said:

No, not when we can got a bonafide world class player. We got sentimental with our title winners in 2010 and paid for it for years. And yes in this market 60m for Sandro is a very good price.

4 hours ago, Don Conte said:

2nd best leftback in current??? Chill bro.  He is getting double teamed in Serie A and we all know there is only team in that league. He has made 7 appearances for brazil in the last 6 years and is behind Marcelo and felipe luis for brazil. Danny rose is more proven than sandro since he is proven premiership quality. Bcoz he tears it up in seria A doesnt mean he will in England, it doesnt mean he wont either . I am cool with him competing with alonso and upgrading the position but not at 60M

He is the 2nd best leftback in the world. Name me 1 LB better than him not named Marcelo. 

You'd rather have Danny Rose who have never won anything to 2 time Double winner and CL finalist Alex Sandro? Sure, have that opinion. Alonso who was good in Serie A can hack it here but Alex Sandro who's the best LB in Serie A can't hack it. 

Great player but 60m for a player who is Brazil's 3rd choice left back is a little excessive, I like Alonso but Sandro is far superior so will be interesting to see what happens. My concern is more the right side Moses had a few injuries towards the end of the season and Azpi is too good in the centre to play there.

41 minutes ago, dan_cfc said:

Great player but 60m for a player who is Brazil's 3rd choice left back is a little excessive, I like Alonso but Sandro is far superior so will be interesting to see what happens. My concern is more the right side Moses had a few injuries towards the end of the season and Azpi is too good in the centre to play there.

Is he third choice who is better than him Luis? We had him remember he didn't get in the team, Sandro is better than Luis all things considered, and a bit unfair since Brazil has the 2 best left backs in the world and a 3rd who is up there at the same time, they are stacked for left backs, but he will go on to be the first choice left back, he has 3 years on the other 2. Sandro is in the top 3 lb's in World, him, marcello, Alaba, he is a slightly faster and taller but maybe slightly less aggressive Marcello, he is definitely World class, we need him, would improve us greatly, feel sorry for Alonso it's a pity we didn't have this buying option at RB as moses belongs no where near a CL competing team as well as he did, which tells me the fact we are replacing our stronger side that dave will play on the right once a new CB comes in, nothing else makes sense. People say he is crap in attack, he isn't actually just never been on his correct foot, plus we concentrate our attacks down the left with hazard and he can do enough to get attacks going down the right, he plays a decent ball and has decent vision, the "he can't attack" is a fallacy, one I used to buy into myself. He isn't a world class attacking FB, but we will be solid down that side, makes no sense to have one of the best defending RBs in the world and play him as a CB at 5'10, that's not a long term solution, it was makeshift, for me he goes back to the right 100%

Great player by all accounts (not that I've seen much of him myself, based on numerous things I've read and seen), amazed by even neutrals seeming generally positive and interested about the deal. I just hope he settles in nicely and that he can acclimatise to the Premier league, sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, Don Conte said:

Why this insistence that any left backs or left wing backs bought have to be an understudy to Alonso? 

2 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Good point here.  We've got £ to spend from that sale.

I have a feeling that the money spent this summer is going to be mental, every year it gets more and more. I have no idea where it all ends though!

1 hour ago, Don Conte said:

Oh what happened? NOW you care about the price again? Pick one opinion and stick with it mate. Stop flip flopping. 

28 minutes ago, lchk said:

Why this insistence that any left backs or left wing backs bought have to be an understudy to Alonso? 

Don't you know Alonso is the greatest LB in the history of football? 

15 minutes ago, MissouriBlue said:

I have a feeling that the money spent this summer is going to be mental, every year it gets more and more. I have no idea where it all ends though!

I think it's a bubble that will burst eventually.