Sign in to follow this  
TomCFC85

Higuain

Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain has hinted at a possible move to Premier League giants Chelsea.

The 30-year-old Higuain joined Juventus from fellow Serie A side Napoli in the summer of 2016 for a fee in the region of 90 million euros. He has been an important part of the side since then and was in impressive form this season too. He appeared in 35 Serie A games this past season, scoring 16 times and assisting six times too.

In an interview that Higuain recently gave to TNT Sports, he dropped a big hint about a possible move to Stamford Bridge this summer. He said: "I would like to play in the Premier League.

"Argentina should try to go as far as possible, we know that getting to the final is very complicated , but the desire is there."

It is believed that Higuain is likely to be sold this summer and Juventus will consider offers in the region of 60 million euros for the Argentine.

There have been talks of a possible exchange with Inter regarding Mauro Icardi, but the possibility of it seems far-fetched. (calciomercato)

We are seemingly still being linked with players in the assumption sarri will be our manager next season hopefully the players know more than we do

Edited by PedroMendez

14 minutes ago, PedroMendez said:

We are seemingly still being linked with players in the assumption sarri will be our manager next season hopefully the players know more than we do

I don't know, I could see Higuain being a club purchase, i.e. if Morata wants to move to Juventus, Higuain wants to move to Chelsea and move clubs agree I think this could conceivably happen.

Edited by the special one

Waste of money. We will be searching for a striker again in 2 years. 

Stick with morata and Batshuayi, or sell the pair and bring in someone top drawer, with at least 4 seasons in them.

4 minutes ago, the special one said:

I don't know, I could see Higuain being a club purchase, i.e. if Morata wants to move to Juventus, Higuain wants to move to Chelsea and move clubs agree I think this could conceivably happen.

Hysaj's agent has said something similar and apparently linked to Veccino out of left field aswell, I am sure I just clutching clutching straws but ever hopefull

It's like we're playing musical chairs with every rated striker in top flight football since Drogba left the club. None of the strikers we had last more than 3 seasons.

17 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Not Higuain, please. The guy looks out of breath after every sprint.

A little bit of chub isn't perhaps a bad thing in the English league. His finishing is as clinical if not better than Aubameyang and his link up play is reasonably decent too. I'd take him over Morata I know that much. 

On 06/06/2018 at 14:30, axman2526 said:

Expensive for a player we can only, by club policy, give a 1 year deal to. A real hit to ffp

Agreed.
Not going to happen, I'd say save the money for a player like Icardi.

So we are getting rid of a 25 year old striker that was given only 1 year in the Prem so we can bring in a 30 year old fatass that scored 5 more goals in the Serie A....so who do you guys think we should buy with our HAZARD money?

Never liked Higuain. Even at his best, his attitude was annoying and his misses were a lot. But I'd take everybody over Morata right now. He was that bad. So I don't mind if we buy him. I'll celebrate every delivery actually if that means we are going to get rid of Alvaro. 

Edited by Giordano_Bruno

Doesn't fit our profile although a lethal striker. His striking partner though...

Higuain is 30, he is expensive, not the quickest. No way will we be looking at him. 

Does Morata want to stay in the EPL?

Haven't followed Higuain's career yet recall Diego Milito went to Inter at 30 and scored 62 in 128 appearances for JM.

No problem with him providing he is sanctioned by the new manager.