Hazard - The inevitable bids and who to replace him with?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

So with CR7 out of Madrid, it was only a matter of time before the rumours of Hazard to Madrid started and now I hear the Barça are thinking of trying to steal a march on Los Blancos by going in for him too.

I think it is inevitable that he will leave, so assuming that who would would you like us to sign to replace him?

Are Isco, Assensio and co realistic though?

We lose one world class player (arguable our only one outside Kante) would they want to come especially if they are up for sale you will have all the other top clubs after them?

It's all fine and well saying sell Hazard and bring those guys in but this isn't FIFA or Football Manager, the likelihood is we would lose a talent we simply wouldn't be able to replace.

16 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Are Isco, Assensio and co realistic though?

We lose one world class player (arguable our only one outside Kante) would they want to come especially if they are up for sale you will have all the other top clubs after them?

It's all fine and well saying sell Hazard and bring those guys in but this isn't FIFA or Football Manager, the likelihood is we would lose a talent we simply wouldn't be able to replace.

This. Why would either come here and not play in the champs league. Same as Dybala and the other names banded about as a replacement!

I think you guys aren't giving him the credit he deserves.  Yeah, Madrid and Barca are massive teams that most top end players would love to play for, but he genuinely loves Chelsea and he won't walk away easily.

Chelsea aren't selling Hazard this summer, we gain much more trying to convince him to stay. May as well close the thread to potentially reopen again in either January or next summer if we are miles off top and really not performing well but no point considering this now.

2 hours ago, TheFunkeyGibbon said:

The reality of the situation too hard to face for you? emoji849.png

Pretending that we can't have our best players poached isn't going to stop it happening and I'm genuinely curious who people think out there that we could that would be a good option.

Yes it is and also its pointless talking about replacing him because we cant.

Yep, that's the problem. There are better players than Hazard, but we have no chance of getting them. So, losing Hazard is a disaster, because we can't replace him.

Well he's making all the "Come get me noises"....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/14/eden-hazard-chelsea-future-doubt-preferred-destination

The club will survive. Personally I want him to stay. But if he does go there will be another tallent out there who will come up and take his place.

I'd be interested in seeing how Leon Bailey might fair in England and I'm surprised we haven't had a look at Nabil Fekir, who has been magnificent at Lyon. Maybe we should get Madrid to thrown in Marco Asensio as part of the deal? It would certainly say us the hassle of having prices raised on us once he was gone.

Whatever we do we need to sort this soon and not be still dealing with it in August.

The only way I see this happening in the next three weeks is if real make it very easy for us. 200m direct offer or 100m plus Bale, Asensio or Isco. Or even 125m plus James.

One of those four plus a Bailey could make us a better rounded squad over the long run

10 minutes ago, Adamrb said:

The only way I see this happening in the next three weeks is if real make it very easy for us. 200m direct offer or 100m plus Bale, Asensio or Isco. Or even 125m plus James.

One of those four plus a Bailey could make us a better rounded squad over the long run

And in Isco and Asensio they already have players similar level to hazard. I just a can’t see them blowing a world record fee on him. They need a 30 a season player, only neymar or Mbappe fits the bill for them imo