Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

dR3
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

44 minutes ago, Dixon said:

I do like Sarri and most of what he's trying to do, but I am concerned by his apparent lack of flexability .  He seems to only want to play one way and with one player at the centre of it all - Jorginho. That would be OK if that player was a genuinely great player but he is far from being that! This is not the slower, leas competitive Setie A where he could get away with his glarring weaknesses - Not good defensively - Moves like a snail carrying heavy shopping - Gives us next to nothing in the opponents half. Ruining one of our two genuine world class players  for a player nowhere near world class defies logic to me! I accept that for now we are stuck with this dreadful combination of Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante, but if Sarri sticks with them no matter what, them we'll have a snowball in hells chance of ever competing for the title with this City team. Those three together are nowhere near good enough and no amount of time will change that! 

Jorginho IS the system.

If he was to get injured, we would be in serious trouble.

Sarri must be backed.....he is clearly a decent manager and the players seemingly love playing for him. So lets hope he is backed with some decent players and see where time gets us. Now a time may come when he is kinda forced to change something ( formation etc ), but so far so good. We were always a much better outfit than what we produced last season and Thus you cant use that as a benchmark. Never our standard that. All managers have flaws unless a state is backing your every wish, he is new to this League and we have a couple of big holes........all in all very good and better than most expected.

2 hours ago, JMaher94 said:

Jorginho IS the system.

True but I think the fact we’re seeing more of Cesc means Sarri must be more confident in him to do the job.

He’s got no legs but he doesn’t really need them there with the likes of Kante and Kovacic buzzing around him. He could potentially prolong his time here and earn an extension as Jorginhos’ understudy. 

3 hours ago, JMaher94 said:

Jorginho IS the system.

I think we'd be better!

Imo, we are sacrificing too much in defence and attack to accommodate such a limited player. I'm no big fan of Kova but he's more mobile, better defensively and decent enough to make those short passes that Jorginho makes.  If we put Kante back where he should be that would make us more solid  and free up a space for an out and out attacking, creative midfielder.

Edited by Dixon

6 minutes ago, Dixon said:

I think we'd be better!

Imo, we are sacrificing too much in defence and attack to accommodate such a limited player. I'm no big fan of Kova but he's more mobile, better defensively and decent enough to make those short passes that Jorginho makes.  If we put Kante back where he should be that would make us more solid  and free up a space for an out and out attacking, creative midfielder.

Dont expect to see Sarri put Kante where he belongs......not right now the way Things are going.

One of the things that these last few matches have brought up is just how impatient and ADHD a lot of us are. 
I remember back when Sarri was first mentioned as a possibility and someone posted a video of Napoli playing out from the right-back position under a strong press and we all went "WOW".  We actually invite that specific situation several times a match now, and we deal with it very well.
Then the season started and we played that way, we hover around 1st and 3rd in the league, are unbeaten in the league, have the second best stats for most things and , for the first few games, the vast majority of this forum was very, very happy ( a few idiots excepted, obviously).
However, we then have a couple of draws, we don't blow teams away with our second string and people start to turn.  I have seen posts of people being "bored" with all this possession and dominance, I have seen people seriously say we should sell Kante, people whining on about Barkley not getting a chance and then whining again when he gets a chance and  doesn't do great.  We are playing exactly the same as at the start of the season but this is now not shiny-shiny enough and we all want more and we want it now and we want to be like City and Liverpool and we want wand we want and we want.
Go back an look at the match threads for the early matches and contrast and compare with lately.
I expect it's common amongst all football fans, but f**k me we come across as both spoilt and fickle.
I mentioned something similar in post 686 we have "some" very spoilt fans

8 hours ago, Brutos said:
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:34, yorkleyblue said:
One of the things that these last few matches have brought up is just how impatient and ADHD a lot of us are. 
I remember back when Sarri was first mentioned as a possibility and someone posted a video of Napoli playing out from the right-back position under a strong press and we all went "WOW".  We actually invite that specific situation several times a match now, and we deal with it very well.
Then the season started and we played that way, we hover around 1st and 3rd in the league, are unbeaten in the league, have the second best stats for most things and , for the first few games, the vast majority of this forum was very, very happy ( a few idiots excepted, obviously).
However, we then have a couple of draws, we don't blow teams away with our second string and people start to turn.  I have seen posts of people being "bored" with all this possession and dominance, I have seen people seriously say we should sell Kante, people whining on about Barkley not getting a chance and then whining again when he gets a chance and  doesn't do great.  We are playing exactly the same as at the start of the season but this is now not shiny-shiny enough and we all want more and we want it now and we want to be like City and Liverpool and we want wand we want and we want.
Go back an look at the match threads for the early matches and contrast and compare with lately.
I expect it's common amongst all football fans, but f**k me we come across as both spoilt and fickle.

I mentioned something similar in post 686 we have "some" very spoilt fans

Many of us are full grown men.......stop saying that Word as we are Little kids. This is a forum, you have your views and others theirs........

16 hours ago, atomis said:

Many of us are full grown men.......stop saying that Word as we are Little kids. This is a forum, you have your views and others theirs........

Then act like a "full grown" man and stop whining like a bitch-girl, and express some views, not just wah-wah-wah it's not fair, or wah-wah-wah, I want more shiny-shiny new things, all the time.

6 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Then act like a "full grown" man and stop whining like a bitch-girl, and express some views, not just wah-wah-wah it's not fair, or wah-wah-wah, I want more shiny-shiny new things, all the time.

You really are out there arent you.......what shiny toy? Bitch girl for expressing we have a few holes etc? WHat is not fair, you mean when we talk about city? So its only your views that Count.....all others are either spolit or suspecias. You are way condecending in your posts...........its a forum, not everyone will agree with you or me, you dont like it then dont reply......your the so called bitch girl who so often have the need to either diss or use bad language with posters who have different views.

Edited by atomis

2 hours ago, atomis said:

You really are out there arent you.......what shiny toy? Bitch girl for expressing we have a few holes etc? WHat is not fair, you mean when we talk about city? So its only your views that Count.....all others are either spolit or suspecias. You are way condecending in your posts...........its a forum, not everyone will agree with you or me, you dont like it then dont reply......your the so called bitch girl who so often have the need to either diss or use bad language with posters who have different views.

35850047.jpg

Just now, yorkleyblue said:

Did someone say something?    I miss a lot of witty banter because of judicious use of the ignore function :)

Apparently you're someone's bitch girl, can't wait to see it with my own eyes :biggrin:

I only saw it myself because Bluehaze quoted a worthy member on my ignore list :wink:

On 12/11/2018 at 17:37, atomis said:

Sarri must be backed.....he is clearly a decent manager and the players seemingly love playing for him. So lets hope he is backed with some decent players and see where time gets us. Now a time may come when he is kinda forced to change something ( formation etc ), but so far so good. We were always a much better outfit than what we produced last season and Thus you cant use that as a benchmark. Never our standard that. All managers have flaws unless a state is backing your every wish, he is new to this League and we have a couple of big holes........all in all very good and better than most expected.

Just as Conte should have been backed ( your favourite word)

Never mind backed, it was good to see the back of Antonio ( crying all the way to the bank I hear)

2 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Just as Conte should have been backed ( your favourite word)

Never mind backed, it was good to see the back of Antonio ( crying all the way to the bank I hear)

Sure he should have been backed........its a mute point now though. He is entitled to his Money we Owe him.