Jorginho is.... (well now was) a Blue

I’ve been aware of me waxing lyrical abit with Jorginho in my last posts about him but he’s outstanding.

I think it’s took people a while like it did with me because he’s not what I expected..when I heard we beat city to there number 1 target and had signed a world class midfielder from Napoli for 60m called Jorginho. I expected a different player and I don’t even know why because I thought I understood his position, i was thinking yeah it’s good that he can keep the ball but what else does he do?

the playing out from the back Which we are one of the best in the league at isn’t possible with Zouma, Tomori, Azpi etc without Jorginho, he allows us to play a defender like zouma and play out because he tells him how to do it constantly. Zouma’s upturn in form is because he doesn’t look like a rabbit in the headlights when he gets the ball now.. he knows Jorginho now and trusts him and Jorginho is Zouma’s eyes, he sees the picture and tells zouma where he can pass it without zouma panicking. Honestly watch out for it, leaving zouma to pick his confidence up and impose his beastly defending. Jorginho does it with the whole back line, kepa and kovacic too. He’s magnificent and the bit I love the most is how nasty he is, that with delefeou was awesome to see right in his f**king face  5 mins after the pen, letting him know what a cheating little prick he was not hiding or dwelling on giving away the pen - fighting to death to keep our aggression up and not letting them bully us out of the points. Stand out player of the season so far. I actually can’t believe I’m saying that I’m not sure if him and kova are the most suited Well rounded two man midfield we can play now.

Edited by I Am Gay 4 Diegod

1 hour ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

I’ve been aware of me waxing lyrical abit with Jorginho in my last posts about him but he’s outstanding.

I think it’s took people a while like it did with me because he’s not what I expected..when I heard we beat city to there number 1 target and had signed a world class midfielder from Napoli for 60m called Jorginho. I expected a different player and I don’t even know why because I thought I understood his position, i was thinking yeah it’s good that he can keep the ball but what else does he do?

the playing out from the back Which we are one of the best in the league at isn’t possible with Zouma, Tomori, Azpi etc without Jorginho, he allows us to play a defender like zouma and play out because he tells him how to do it constantly. Zouma’s upturn in form is because he doesn’t look like a rabbit in the headlights when he gets the ball now.. he knows Jorginho now and trusts him and Jorginho is Zouma’s eyes, he sees the picture and tells zouma where he can pass it without zouma panicking. Honestly watch out for it, leaving zouma to pick his confidence up and impose his beastly defending. Jorginho does it with the whole back line, kepa and kovacic too. He’s magnificent and the bit I love the most is how nasty he is, that with delefeou was awesome to see right in his f**king face  5 mins after the pen, letting him know what a cheating little prick he was not hiding or dwelling on giving away the pen - fighting to death to keep our aggression up and not letting them bully us out of the points. Stand out player of the season so far. I actually can’t believe I’m saying that I’m not sure if him and kova are the most suited Well rounded two man midfield we can play now.

Jorginho is looking good under Lampard and the good thing I see it that he makes himself available to whoever is on the ball to give them outlet.  He also seem to marshal the defence and defensive midfield.

He also occasionally picks a good forward pass and is good with penalties.

I think the thing with Delofeu is silly and was risking another card. The game has con artists like Mane and James yet you have to play to the whistle and not lose composure if the decisions go against you just let your manager deal with it in the after match press conference. 

Sarri nearly "killed" him here at the club forcing him to play Sarri-ball but Lampard have taken the shackles off him and he looks like a completely different player. Been one of the absolute best midfielders in the league this season.

excellent quote here by Jorginho

I agree with this statement & I stand by my assessment that the hate Jorginho was receiving due to some faulty media coverage from pundits that have an anti-Chelsea agenda...ie...proping up one of the other dirty red sides, unless it's Jenas or Sherwood, who are trying to prop spuds but we know what the end result for them in the end will be

I agree with this statement & I stand by my assessment that the hate Jorginho was receiving due to some faulty media coverage from pundits that have an anti-Chelsea agenda...ie...proping up one of the other dirty red sides, unless it's Jenas or Sherwood, who are trying to prop spuds but we know what the end result for them in the end will be

Started with Rio and didn't stop claimed United would finish above us and they were better [emoji23][emoji23] I kinda annoyed me mostly was the fact our fans gobbled it up and booed him just because they had an issue with Sarri. I keep saying this and I will continue to say it Pep wanted this guy very very badly the deal was agreed done and Sarri brought him here. If he was in that city midfield with KDB and both Silvas if would be frightening

1 hour ago, robdog said:

Nah. Some of the Chelsea fans booed him last season and we criticised him because he was playing really badly for a period: getting dispossessed, unable to make a tackle. It was very wrong to boo and Jorginho has proved the vast majority of us wrong and we need to own that. It makes Chelsea fans look much worse if you say the media somehow tricked them into it. The fans are never going to be told by the media to hate one of their own players with no grounds whatsoever. Remember how much the media hated Terry? As if the Chelsea fans ever listened!

1 hour ago, Brutos said:

Started with Rio and didn't stop claimed United would finish above us and they were better emoji23.pngemoji23.png I kinda annoyed me mostly was the fact our fans gobbled it up and booed him just because they had an issue with Sarri. I keep saying this and I will continue to say it Pep wanted this guy very very badly the deal was agreed done and Sarri brought him here. If he was in that city midfield with KDB and both Silvas if would be frightening

then you will appreciate this funny tweet I found today

3 hours ago, robdog said:

He has, his vision is highly underrated and most of the time it just isn't met with the right movement or he hasn't played the right ball. You can often see him chip balls into the centre where he's noticed a run and the idea is great but the execution just didn't work. 

Finally it worked and it looked beautiful. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

He has, his vision is highly underrated and most of the time it just isn't met with the right movement or he hasn't played the right ball. You can often see him chip balls into the centre where he's noticed a run and the idea is great but the execution just didn't work. 

Finally it worked and it looked beautiful. 

also we didn't play a #9 that could handle the situations Jorginho was providing - I seem to recall both Morata & Higuain either stumbling or being offsides last season when Jorginho was putting those types of passes into dangerous situations

20 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Don't show that to the Jorginho haters they will explode with the mental gymnastics they would have to do to find a way to hate him

You use the word haters a lot, and always inappropriately. Not everybody has to agree with each other on these boards.

14 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Jorginho got a needless yellow yesterday for time wasting. He'll miss Palace. He won't miss City.

If i was a betting man i'd say he did that on purpose.

Which begs the question, why didn't he do it at Burnley and serve his ban in the cup?

1 hour ago, Argo said:

If i was a betting man i'd say he did that on purpose.

Which begs the question, why didn't he do it at Burnley and serve his ban in the cup?

He just doesn't fit the profile of someone that would do it like that. My bet he plays and doesn't think about it.

You use the word haters a lot, and always inappropriately. Not everybody has to agree with each other on these boards.

Well when I say haters I mean people who no matter the FACT infront of them they look at “Alternative FACTS" you have a lot of them around now. We live in a age where you show facts and people will dispute it, you can’t dispute facts, opinions yes facts no.

37 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

xmkigqx6oow31.jpg

And then some people trashtalk Jorghy and even dare to claim that Kovacic is a better player...Ok lets see how we do vs Palace without Jorghy, if nobody feels he's missing it will be a big surprise for me.