Mateo Kovačić

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, wallosh said:

I don't rate him highly, but am happy for the first time since we sold Chalobah, we have an alternative option if we chose to rest Kante.
Don't expect him to play alongside Kante except Sarri unusually wants to be defensive in a game.

You expect Barkley or Fabregas to be ahead of Kovacic?

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

You expect Barkley or Fabregas to be ahead of Kovacic?

giphy.gif

Kovacic literally came here cuz he wanted first team football which he wasnt getting at Madrid. He will be our main starter. 

3 minutes ago, AlwaysRight said:

No mention on the article about a buy out price if all goes well this season, which unfortunately means Real Madrid probably want him back at some point. Doh!

We didn't announce one with Falcao either but there was one there

Bad look for our club to basically develop a RM player for a year. I get that he improves our team with the intent to get back to CL, but if he becomes a main focus of our team RM can basically ask any price they want. More likely tho they won’t sell for any price if he comes good. Bad bit of business

4 minutes ago, TheChelsRVA said:

Bad look for our club to basically develop a RM player for a year. I get that he improves our team with the intent to get back to CL, but if he becomes a main focus of our team RM can basically ask any price they want. More likely tho they won’t sell for any price if he comes good. Bad bit of business

Bayern are doing fairly similar with that Colombian player whose name escapes me currently. 

27 minutes ago, TheChelsRVA said:

Agreed, should have just given Loftus-Cheek more gametime.

18 minutes ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

Agreed, should have just given Loftus-Cheek more gametime.

Kovačić is miles ahead of Loftus-Cheek, and there'll be plenty of games for everyone when Baka and Drinkpints leave on loan. Loftus Cheek needs to step up if he wants to stay here, he always looks decent but never quite at the level where you'd want him starting, unlike say Ampadu or Hudson-Odoi

From a midfield of Cesc, Kante, Bakayoko, Drinkwatter, Barkley from last season to Cesc, Jorginho, Kante, Koavic, RLC, Barkley this season it's a big upgrade in that department (I'm assuming Bakayoko and Drinkwater will leave on loan/transfer).

Wait, some of you are unhappy because we may or may not be "developing a Madrid player".

We need Kovacic because our current crop of midfielders aren't good enough for Sarri's system and we desperately need to get back into the top four.

Kovavic will be a success and will stay at Chelsea past his loan period is my prediction.

5 minutes ago, JMaher94 said:

Wait, some of you are unhappy because we may or may not be "developing a Madrid player".

We need Kovacic because our current crop of midfielders aren't good enough for Sarri's system and we desperately need to get back into the top four.

Kovavic will be a success and will stay at Chelsea past his loan period is my prediction.

There is no doubt about it.  We are developing a RM player.  Whether or not we pay whatever astronomical fee it will require to keep him is another story.  

Like I said, he improves our team and the main focus is to get back to CL.  It's just bad business to not include any type of buy option.  It's a short term fix.  

15 minutes ago, RMCM said:

Kovačić is miles ahead of Loftus-Cheek, and there'll be plenty of games for everyone when Baka and Drinkpints leave on loan. Loftus Cheek needs to step up if he wants to stay here, he always looks decent but never quite at the level where you'd want him starting, unlike say Ampadu or Hudson-Odoi

Don't you think you're asking a bit much for him to suddenly go from prodigy to all of a sudden displacing Kovacic, Jorginho, and Kante? Not to mention Fabregas, even Barkley is basically in a neck and neck situation with Loftus-Cheek right now.

He needs to play week in week out with a manager that truly believes in him. That's at a Crystal Palace, not here.

1 minute ago, Fatty_Speeding said:

Don't you think you're asking a bit much for him to suddenly go from prodigy to all of a sudden displacing Kovacic, Jorginho, and Kante? Not to mention Fabregas, even Barkley is basically in a neck and neck situation with Loftus-Cheek right now.

He needs to play week in week out with a manager that truly believes in him. That's at a Crystal Palace, not here.

No, if it was 4 years ago then yes, it'd be asking a lot, as of now, he's turning 23 in January, it's make or break time really. Managers believe in players when they see something there to believe in, not before that. If he stays with the squad and gets his appearances in the Cups and EL, then a decision can be made. I used to be a fan of him but more recently I just don't see enough impact from him that suggests he can be a starter for us. 

1 minute ago, RMCM said:

No, if it was 4 years ago then yes, it'd be asking a lot, as of now, he's turning 23 in January, it's make or break time really. Managers believe in players when they see something there to believe in, not before that. If he stays with the squad and gets his appearances in the Cups and EL, then a decision can be made. I used to be a fan of him but more recently I just don't see enough impact from him that suggests he can be a starter for us. 

Thing is, some players get given one chance, smash it and never look back.

Others need to play 20 games before they start to believe in themselves, then they too never look back. Maybe the first kind has the better mentality but they can both reach the same level.