Jump to content

We've got a new Kepa


Zeta
 Share

Recommended Posts


51 minutes ago, reparto corse said:

No one from outside our fanbase has blamed Kepa for the goal. Yet our "fans" feel the need to bash him for it. What does this say about the fanbase?

Because they didn't watch him week in and week out and pundits always love "amazing goals".

We play Kepa, suddenly we start getting large numbers of these outside of the box shots going against us. His positioning is bad, he's slow to react, he's permanently wrongfooted and doesn't stretch enough when diving for saves. As I've said before, he's an expert in making everything look unsaveable.  The stats don't lie, other keepers save these shots, Kepa either right at the bottom or 1 off the "% shots saved" table before he got dropped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Malta Blue said:

Silva backed off and backed off and invited Tielemens to hit it, he would of hit that shot no matter who was in goal, there is absolutely no way he doesnt hit it even if prime Cech was in goal

Silva backed off as he had to cover Vardy`s run, Jorginho in the mean time was stood watching Tielemens run towards goal and  just pointed at other players to take him as usual, the usual bag of sh*t.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Silva backed off as he had to cover Vardy`s run, Jorginho in the mean time was stood watching Tielemens run towards goal and  just pointed at other players to take him as usual, the usual bag of sh*t.

My point being that Tielemens was openly invited to shoot and he would of taken that shot regardless of who was in goal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with playing Kepa is that all other coaches know that he is not that good saving shots from outside the box, so they instruct their players to shoot whenever they can as chances are one of those long range shots will be a goal. I can’t remember who said something similar, but it was either a coach (maybe Barnsley) or some pundit. TT obviously is unaware of this and that’s why he keeps playing Kepa in these games (Arsenal and yesterday’s final).

In any case, I don’t think Kepa will play any of the remaining matches. Not because of the relevance or lack of, but because he only played Kepa in the FA Cup and matches immediately before an FA Cup game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, reparto corse said:

This is complete non sense and pure speculation. 

There's a seasons worth of evidence there, how many times have players gone 'f**k it I'll give it a go' with Edou in the nets? 

I remember the Liverpool game at Anfield and in recent years they've got a lot of joy hitting it from range against Kepa and there were times in that game I recall them gearing up to hit it but changing their mind last minute almost as if it was muscle memory to do that against us but then saw Edou in the last moment so stopped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, reparto corse said:

No one from outside our fanbase has blamed Kepa for the goal. Yet our "fans" feel the need to bash him for it. What does this say about the fanbase?

Where was this energy for Ross Turnbull? 

Edited by Argo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

My point being that Tielemens was openly invited to shoot and he would of taken that shot regardless of who was in goal

Yep, fully agree with that, theres no way he looked up and thought "ooh its Kepa, I`ll shoot". It was instinctive. Now maybe before the game they were told by Rodgers to shoot more as it was Kepa, I would understand that. But in the middle of the game you just dont think like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JM7 said:

This is the problem with Kepa - he attracts controversy and question marks. You’re always left wondering if he could have done better. 

No sense of wonder about it. 

I've seen better goalies at my local U-18's club. And the saddest thing is that isn't even a joke. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bisright1 said:

That we care more about our players than other fans do. But one thing other fans have said is what incredible saves Kasper made and he won them the game. 

Mendy hasn't conceded one of those shots from 35 yards. Kepa has consistently conceded goals from long range. 

We shouldn't be having this conversation because our number 1 keeper should have been in goal. 

If leicester had also played their second string keeper we'd have won the game 2-1. But they didn't. 

Nail on the head. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Remember the Big Mendys save from Rashford at OT at full stretch? Yup he could have saved that shot. Picking Kepa cost us the game.

Toothless attack cost us last 2 games and we are arguing about the goalkeeper. Would picking Mendy have made our front line not useless?

Edited by Stim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stim said:

Toothless attack cost us last 2 games and we are arguing about the goalkeeper. Would picking Mendy have made our front line not useless?

Nope it would not. However maybe a point against Arsenal and pens against Leicester could have turned out more fruitful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BordeauxBlue said:

No sense of wonder about it. 

I've seen better goalies at my local U-18's club. And the saddest thing is that isn't even a joke. 

Honestly the excuses I see for this guy is hilarious. His fanboys are almost as bad as the Torres one's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mendy is a very capable goalie. I'm not sure he's world class, but he's three times the keeper Kepa is. 

The only reason he's played at all under TT is because of his price tag. Boardroom f**kups not taking it on the chin and owning up to a bad transfer, so the team suffers because of it. 

Play you best players in big games. End. Of. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 hours ago, abigsmurf said:

Because they didn't watch him week in and week out and pundits always love "amazing goals".

We play Kepa, suddenly we start getting large numbers of these outside of the box shots going against us. His positioning is bad, he's slow to react, he's permanently wrongfooted and doesn't stretch enough when diving for saves. As I've said before, he's an expert in making everything look unsaveable.  The stats don't lie, other keepers save these shots, Kepa either right at the bottom or 1 off the "% shots saved" table before he got dropped.

Kepa's save percentage doesn't even account for the full horror story. He has routinely conceded more goals than the xG of the shots he has faced predicts, which simply means he doesn't save the chances that other goalkeepers are routinely saving.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Kepa's save percentage doesn't even account for the full horror story. He has routinely conceded more goals than the xG of the shots he has faced predicts, which simply means he doesn't save the chances that other goalkeepers are routinely saving.

 

What I really want to see from a Kepa defender is an analysis of what he does well.

What positive attribute is he bringing to the table? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Argo said:

What I really want to see from a Kepa defender is an analysis of what he does well.

What positive attribute is he bringing to the table? 

He’s got a fancy haircut going on currently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!