Christian Pulisic - Official

When we signed him there were lots of people say we'd massively overpaid for a bang average player who'll make little impact in the EPL. Daniel James is just as inexperienced but he's already showing real signs of promise for the future and looks a far, far better prospect than Pulisic, who so far has shown next to nothing. I'm not expecting to set the league on fire, but he's got to play a good deal better than this to deserve a place in the team.

1 hour ago, Dixons said:

When we signed him there were lots of people say we'd massively overpaid for a bang average player who'll make little impact in the EPL. Daniel James is just as inexperienced but he's already showing real signs of promise for the future and looks a far, far better prospect than Pulisic, who so far has shown next to nothing. I'm not expecting to set the league on fire, but he's got to play a good deal better than this to deserve a place in the team.

To be fair, James has played in the Premier League before and is being asked to just score goals. Pulisic is being asked to create, shoot, and track back and defend. He has excelled at the latter. I just think it will take at least one or two full seasons before we can evaluate how good Pulisic can be.

1 hour ago, Dixons said:

This is a ridiculous post.  Not only is Daniel James a different player than Pulisic, but he isn't setting "the league on fire" either even if he has scored a couple of goals.

Pulisic has some massive pressure on him being a super high priced player, brought in to try and replace Hazard.  This is one of the reasons why I thought he shouldn't have been loaned back to Dortmund last year.  Get 1/2 a season in the PL with a solid team to get oriented.

I also think he needs to put on some muscle so he doesn't get knocked off the ball by big CBs

He was average last game, but same can be said to the rest of the midfielders.

He's tracking back often and cutting in the middle. Still need to see more games because right now I don't see much chemistry between him, Mount and Barkley!!

Edited by Gol15
8 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

He was average last game, but same can be said to the rest of the midfielders.

He's tracking back often and cutting in the middle. Still need to see more games because right now I don't see much chemistry between him, Mount and Barkley!!

This is where it was for me yesterday. I thought the link up play was really poor. And that's not Barkely's strength. I like Barkley when we need a hammer to pound teams that sit back and invite us to shoot from the outside. 

I would have made the Willian sub at halftime. 

I'm eagerly looking forward to getting CHO back after the break. Mount flanked by Pulisic and CHO would have been much more effective yesterday. 

I think a fit RLC would have been perfect yesterday... But we're a ways away from that. 

2 hours ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

This is a ridiculous post.  Not only is Daniel James a different player than Pulisic, but he isn't setting "the league on fire" either even if he has scored a couple of goals.

Pulisic has some massive pressure on him being a super high priced player, brought in to try and replace Hazard.  This is one of the reasons why I thought he shouldn't have been loaned back to Dortmund last year.  Get 1/2 a season in the PL with a solid team to get oriented.

I also think he needs to put on some muscle so he doesn't get knocked off the ball by big CBs

Both play on the wing so they're not that different. James is quicker and more direct, which is what i want to see from wide players. I'm certainly not writing off Pulisic but i can see him being dropped once everyone is fit again. 

8 hours ago, Dixons said:

He's been sublime (Liverpool and Salzburg), very good (Norwich) and anonymous (yesterday and Leicester). It's to be expected right now and he needs to be rotated more.

He's practically the poster boy for where the teams at right now, wildly inconsistent.

3 hours ago, Dixons said:

Both play on the wing so they're not that different. James is quicker and more direct, which is what i want to see from wide players. I'm certainly not writing off Pulisic but i can see him being dropped once everyone is fit again. 

*SMH*  Just because they play on the wing doesn't mean they are the same type of player, that's an idiotic statement.  You also have to realize the players that James has around him.  Pulisic is playing with a rookie striker, a rookie winger (Mount) playing out of position and Barkley who is a ball hog.

22 hours ago, Dixons said:

The bolded statement is almost bonkers if you ask me. That's like saying Messi and Ronaldo both play on the wing so they're not that different.

Lamps has Pulisic playing more of a wide midfielder role for us whilst James is being played like a forward because both team have different attacking mindset. Utd plays more long balls and counter attacking football whilst we play a high press possession football. 2 totally different systems yet you want to judge them the same way?

1 hour ago, Deino said:

The bolded statement is almost bonkers if you ask me. That's like saying Messi and Ronaldo both play on the wing so they're not that different.

Lamps has Pulisic playing more of a wide midfielder role for us whilst James is being played like a forward because both team have different attacking mindset. Utd plays more long balls and counter attacking football whilst we play a high press possession football. 2 totally different systems yet you want to judge them the same way?

Both HAVE played as out and out wingers but neither being used quite that way at the mo.  Anyway, my main point and worry is the opinion of those who watched him in Germany who think he really isn't all that good, adding his finishing is poor and doesn't even create that much either. It's equally very early days for Mount and Tammy yet they're already showing good signs for the future. Early impressions of Pulisic,  is he looks a long way off from being ready for our first team at this moment in time.

4 hours ago, Dixons said:

Both HAVE played as out and out wingers but neither being used quite that way at the mo.  Anyway, my main point and worry is the opinion of those who watched him in Germany who think he really isn't all that good, adding his finishing is poor and doesn't even create that much either. It's equally very early days for Mount and Tammy yet they're already showing good signs for the future. Early impressions of Pulisic,  is he looks a long way off from being ready for our first team at this moment in time.

Well he created Mount's goal against Norwich, also was part of the build up for Tammy's first goal against Norwich and Pulisic was the one who created that goal for Giroud against Liverpool in the Super Cup. It is early days and I am sure we will see more come from him.

33 minutes ago, STATS said:

Well he created Mount's goal against Norwich, also was part of the build up for Tammy's first goal against Norwich and Pulisic was the one who created that goal for Giroud against Liverpool in the Super Cup. It is early days and I am sure we will see more come from him.

If he's not in the mix early, Tammy doesn't get that first goal against Sheffield either. 

I thought the overall play of the front four against Sheffield was subpar. As a unit they weren't very good. That'll change. 

On 02/09/2019 at 11:17, Dixons said:

Knowing that he is one of the most expensive purchases we've made, knowing that he is still young and raw, knowing that he was purchased to try and replace Hazard....

...PLEASE TELL ME WHO WE HAVE WHO REPLACES HIM IN THE STARTING XI??   

F**k off Pedro, DEFINITELY F**K OFF WILLIAN

Enlighten us all knowing Dick Sons.   You are clearly one person who has unreasonable expectations for this season.

Edited by TrueBlueSeaFC87
On 02/09/2019 at 11:17, Dixons said:

English football is way different that German football.  You also forget that when we made the poor choice to loan Pulisic back to Dortmund he didn't get much playing time the remainder of the season.

Also Mount and Tammy played for two teams who fought their way for promotion (AV getting that promotion).  That alone gives you experience that Pulisic hasn't had yet.

45 minutes ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

Knowing that he is one of the most expensive purchases we've made, knowing that he is still young and raw, knowing that he was purchased to try and replace Hazard....

...PLEASE TELL ME WHO WE HAVE WHO REPLACES HIM IN THE STARTING XI??   

F**k off Pedro, DEFINITELY F**K OFF WILLIAN

Enlighten us all knowing Dick Sons.   You are clearly one person who has unreasonable expectations for this season.

Pedro with Odoi and Pulisic rotating (and when Odoi and Pulisic both start so does Oli). We need some experience to counter act the youth (the inexperience of the side showed on Saturday especially late on) and while he's not his prime self he's still a player who's won it all and was a part of the greatest club side ever, that type of experience and know how can become crucial in a season we are bringing young attackers through and shouldn't be dismissed so easily.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Pedro with Odoi and Pulisic rotating (and when Odoi and Pulisic both start so does Oli). We need some experience to counter act the youth (the inexperience of the side showed on Saturday especially late on) and while he's not his prime self he's still a player who's won it all and was a part of the greatest club side ever, that type of experience and know how can become crucial in a season we are bringing young attackers through and shouldn't be dismissed so easily.

What we really need is not a transfer ban.

I also don't know (based on your comment) if you are rating CHO higher than Pulisic, but I would argue that Pulisic has more experience, which often translate to better on field performance, than CHO.

Edited by TrueBlueSeaFC87
43 minutes ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

What we really need is not a transfer ban.

I also don't know (based on your comment) if you are rating CHO higher than Pulisic, but I would argue that Pulisic has more experience, which often translate to better on field performance, than CHO.

I would say both need to be rotated based on form. I include Tammy in that too, 2 of the 3 should play with 1 experienced player.

Its worrying that:

Tammy

Pulisic       Mount          Odoi

is our best starting line up for attack. They're the most dangerous players, but as Argo mentioned you need some experience in there somewhere. Is RLC at the stage in his career when he can be classed as a experienced player? If so stick him through the middle. Until then, Pedro should be starting in place of Pulisic/CHO imo.