Jump to content

Christian Pulisic - Official


Recommended Posts


I reckon he's going to get Hazard's #10 shirt. 

Could be a surprise package for us this season. I'm not expecting him to set the world on fire but I think he might pleasantly surprise a few of us. Will be interesting to see where he gets played, could be he gets given the left wing role. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I reckon he's going to get Hazard's #10 shirt. 

Could be a surprise package for us this season. I'm not expecting him to set the world on fire but I think he might pleasantly surprise a few of us. Will be interesting to see where he gets played, could be he gets given the left wing role. 

I think CHO has called shotgun on that one already. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I reckon he's going to get Hazard's #10 shirt. 

I'm hoping it goes to CHO as well (after his new contract is announced today :)) 

I don't want that kind of pressure on Pulisic at a new club. But the kid can play. Make no mistake about it. He's playing so direct right now. It's a fearlessness we need. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skinnedy said:

I'm hoping it goes to CHO as well (after his new contract is announced today :)) 

I don't want that kind of pressure on Pulisic at a new club. But the kid can play. Make no mistake about it. He's playing so direct right now. It's a fearlessness we need. 

 

32 minutes ago, Old Shaggy said:

I think CHO has called shotgun on that one already. 

There's been a rumour that the #10 shirt might go to CHO as part of his new contract but I just have a feeling Pulisic will get it. He is the new star signing after all. 

I'm sure CHO will be able to comfort himself with his 90 grand a week pay-rise though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

 

There's been a rumour that the #10 shirt might go to CHO as part of his new contract but I just have a feeling Pulisic will get it. He is the new star signing after all. 

I'm sure CHO will be able to comfort himself with his 90 grand a week pay-rise though. 

Absolutely. I also put it out there, that from this day forth, CHO should hence be referred to as "Calteck"!

Edited by Old Shaggy
Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

I'm hoping it goes to CHO as well (after his new contract is announced today :)) 

I don't want that kind of pressure on Pulisic at a new club. But the kid can play. Make no mistake about it. He's playing so direct right now. It's a fearlessness we need. 

I would prefer CHO to get it as well.  I was going to say give Pulisic 17, which was Hazard's first number, but then remembered Kovacic already has that.  The number 9 is free, but we haven't had the best of luck with our number 9's in our recent history.

Honestly don't care too much what number he gets, as long as he plays well in it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, evissy said:

I think Callum would want number 10 much more. For me he seems he'd love to be a big star. Pulisic seems more of a highly talented but feet on the ground type. However number is just a number. As long as it is not number 9.

This Number 10 thing is getting a bit out of hand imo and now if anyone wears it in a team they are seen as being the star man. Unless there is an obvious world star in the team like Hazard I’d imagine that if some 18 or 20 year old came into the team or make it a part of a new contract  demanding the number other players would be rightly f**ked off that someone has that opinion of themselves.

Either don’t allocate a number 10 or at least have it being earned by several years consistently preforming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, goose said:

This Number 10 thing is getting a bit out of hand imo and now if anyone wears it in a team they are seen as being the star man. Unless there is an obvious world star in the team like Hazard I’d imagine that if some 18 or 20 year old came into the team or make it a part of a new contract  demanding the number other players would be rightly f**ked off that someone has that opinion of themselves.

Either don’t allocate a number 10 or at least have it being earned by several years consistently preforming.

Or see it like it is: just a number. It doesn't say anything about who wears it. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulisic was excellent Wednesday night, as was McKennie.  Jamaica isn't a strong squad, but they were a step up in competition and they have some dangerous players like Leon Bailey.  Nice to see our stars play like stars.  Sunday is going to be a real test.  Berhhalter has played a lot of different guys, will be interesting to see who he trots out there vs. Mexico.

Really hoping Miazga isn't one of them.  He was terrible again vs. Jamaica.  He's behind, at least, Brooks, Aaron Long and Walker Zimmerman in the pecking order and he's going to get past by a few of the U-20s as well.  He's still young enough to improve, but he's never playing for Chelsea and he's likely to fade from USMNT consideration.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/07/2019 at 14:03, mwblue10 said:

I think he’ll take 15 or 19, or 17 if Kovacic switches.  The 10 shirt would be an unnecessarily added pressure and coincidentally would probably piss off CHO’s family.

Number 19 is a good number. Ferreira, Costa, Ba and the legend himself Torre Andre Flo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/07/2019 at 18:45, Valerie said:

Or see it like it is: just a number. It doesn't say anything about who wears it. 

 

 

Exactly.  I mean, to be fair, I spend way too much time in football games sorting out my squad numbers but in reality it doesn't make a player any better or worse.  As long as he does well for us I don't care if he wears number 10 or number 73.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael said:

Exactly.  I mean, to be fair, I spend way too much time in football games sorting out my squad numbers but in reality it doesn't make a player any better or worse.  As long as he does well for us I don't care if he wears number 10 or number 73.

A man needs to have hobbies, this is better than fishing :tongue:

I can understand when a player wants a specific number, for instance when it's linked to his merchandise (CR7) or twitter account or something. But to be protective of 8, 10, or 25 because of some hero wore it in the past (or because it''s "cursed" like 9) is silly. In 10 years' time some numbers can't be worn at all and the players wear 107 and upwards :wink:

Edited by Valerie
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Had a number of good moves on the ball last night, this one was probably the best.  Missed a really good chance to score early on though, and barely touched the ball in the second half overall.  It was easy for Mexico to key on him and take him out of the game, as his teammates offered essentially no help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

US played well in the first half and should have been ahead going into the half.  CP couldn't convert on one really good opportunity, Altidore bungled a beautiful chance (that he created).  The 2nd half was a bloodbath.  Mexico completely dominated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a couple of American mates tell me that he'll replace Hazard.  As much as I'd love that, it isn't happening this season, if at all.  He does share the trait of being quick on the turn,with good acceleration. However, Hazard could retain possession far better, and Hazard certainly had attributes that lend to having a lower center of gravity.  CP looks a little more lightweight, but he also looks more direct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mad_mac said:

I've had a couple of American mates tell me that he'll replace Hazard. 

Stop talking football with them right now... They don't know what they're talking about. 

Pulisic is a good Willian/Pedro replacement. 

There is no replacing Hazard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mad_mac said:

I've had a couple of American mates tell me that he'll replace Hazard.  As much as I'd love that, it isn't happening this season, if at all.  He does share the trait of being quick on the turn,with good acceleration. However, Hazard could retain possession far better, and Hazard certainly had attributes that lend to having a lower center of gravity.  CP looks a little more lightweight, but he also looks more direct.

His skill set reminds of Hazard but he's not nearly at that level yet, and probably never will be (no shame in that, Hazard is a top 5 player in the world).  Biggest difference to me is that Hazard is able to play very physically for a guy with his skill level.  That's my biggest concern for CP right now.  He's going to struggle to handle the physical play of the premier league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, floydgator said:

His skill set reminds of Hazard but he's not nearly at that level yet, and probably never will be (no shame in that, Hazard is a top 5 player in the world).  Biggest difference to me is that Hazard is able to play very physically for a guy with his skill level.  That's my biggest concern for CP right now.  He's going to struggle to handle the physical play of the premier league.

While I agree right now that Pulisic is a little lightweight for the PL, I think the same could be said of Hazard initially.  Hazard really thickened up over the years, especially his lower half, in a good way and I think it really helped him.  Pulisic definitely seems to have a different body type, one where he probably struggles to put on weight, but I think if he can add some strength and a little bulk, it should really help him out.

I think Pulisic relies more on his pace than Hazard did, so there's that.  Definitely some similarities in their on ball abilities but Pulisic still has a ways to go even in that aspect.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hazard had the same problem early on where he'd always use being lightweight as a way to draw fouls. Over the years he'd developed to the point that the only way to stop him is to foul him.

If Christian can develop his lower body like Hazard did whilst maintaining the quality of technique, that'd be awesome. 

A very good replacement for Willian and Pedro. 

Nobody can replace Hazard for the foreseeable future. He was that good a player.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...