Christian Pulisic - Official

2 hours ago, dkw said:

That bleacher report thing is dreadful bollocks ha ha, how they even claim to be "sports writers" is beyond me. It's based on absolutely nothing other than moronic supposition and made up nonsense. 

Everything I've read from B/R has been relatively laughable. It is definitely not a great source, especially when it comes to football.

Pele was an amazing footballer, but you can't deny that the footballers he played against would have been inferior athletes to the footballers that Messi/Ronaldo face today. When we hear about footballers in the past they all seem to be described as pack a day smokers and alcoholics. Addition modern footballers have the benefit of modern sports science to get more out of their bodies than athletes could in the past. If you could transport prime Pele into modern football I don't doubt he would be amazing but would he be as good against better opponents?

• 2 weeks later...

Subbed off tonight around the hour mark with the USMNT leading 3-0.  Not really a noteworthy performance from him, but he was decent enough.  Showed off his dribbling ability on occasion.  Poor competition, so it’s tough to judge.

20 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Well both are better than the muck he is dealing with for the US. 

I like Atlanta United's chances over the USMNT right now. 

when you're counting on Michael Bradley to stabilize the team, you're in deep, deep trouble... the face of a generation of failure. The future is bright, but there's still a transition period to go through.

56 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

I like Atlanta United's chances over the USMNT right now. 

when you're counting on Michael Bradley to stabilize the team, you're in deep, deep trouble... the face of a generation of failure. The future is bright, but there's still a transition period to go through.

Man I thought Bradley looked so labored last night.  Like an American CM version of Higuain.  He did have a good pass to assist the second goal.

I should have went to the game, I live in the Twin Cities, but of course the one night I can't go is when the game is.  Would have been interesting to see them in person, Pulisic especially.

34 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Man I thought Bradley looked so labored last night.  Like an American CM version of Higuain.  He did have a good pass to assist the second goal.

I should have went to the game, I live in the Twin Cities, but of course the one night I can't go is when the game is.  Would have been interesting to see them in person, Pulisic especially.

It was a pretty unimpressive game, and that US team is definitely limited. Hard to judge Pulisic fully until he has a chance to play in our team. He is young and expectations should consider that. I expect he will be hit and miss initially.

I have to say the US team would benefit from playing competitive matches against better teams more regularly. There isn't enough quality in Concacaf and that is largely all they have between world cups. They should be pushing for regular admission to the Copa America.

2 hours ago, enigma said:

got a good feeling about this lad. Given his age, I think he can be a real asset for us in future, especially with this attitude. 

There's a good man. He may never measure up to Eden's moments of brilliance on the pitch but nobody will question his commitment or attitude like many of us have at times with Eden. 

17 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Interesting that he was playing wide left. I’ve not really seen him play so thought he mostly played on the right? 

He is quite comfortable with his left foot in general but has always preferred playing left or central according to his father.

29 minutes ago, seanlu13913 said:

Just curious if Miazga played last night. Kind of looked like him who scored the first goal. 

Miazga didn't play. He started the first game. If he wasn't the captain in that one, then it was one of the lead up friendlies. He's playing well right now (relatively speaking... He won't play for Chelsea)

2 hours ago, coco said:

He nearly always plays on the right for the US team.

He’s actually played centrally often for the national team.  I don’t have the stats in front of me, but it would not surprise me if he’s played centrally more than on the wing.

They like to move him around.  For example, against Guyana earlier this week, he was playing centrally, and then the very next game he plays on the left.