Man of the Match - Chelsea Vs Southampton (PL 2019)

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Man of the Match - Chelsea Vs Southampton  

28 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM - Chelsea Vs Southampton

• Kepa Arrizabalaga
    • Cesar Azpilicueta
    • Marcos Alonso
    • Antonio Rudiger
    • David Luiz
    • Jorginho
    • N'Golo Kante
    • Ross Barkley
    • Willian
    • Eden Hazard
    • Alvaro Morata
    • Ruben Loftus-Cheek
    • Cesc Fabregas

14 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

who picked Willian lmao.

Personally gone for D.Luiz, thought he was fantastic tonight.

@yorkleyblue probably, he fancies him you know :blush2:

11 minutes ago, Diamondgeezer said:

Luiz was class tonight and although I love him I wish I was on here giving the MoM to a striker or in fact anyone who can stick the ball in the onion bag or at least help us create some clear cut chances. 

Luiz was frustrating for me. He was constantly telling the players around him to calm down when we needed a bit of urgency. He played quite a few wasted forward balls in to nowhere and pretended to shout out the crowd (he didn’t actually shout anything, I was right next to it) to get us going then passed the ball sideways continuously. 

Kepa kept a clean sheet and gave the red/Cedric plenty of sh*t for the time wasting. 

3 minutes ago, robdog said:

Side Show Bob was awesome as well - that one play where Saints had a break, Side Show Bob goto the ball first & cleared it w/ a backheel - that???????? was very nice for the eyes

That play, along with another tackle in the box before they could get a shot off sealed it for me.  would have been so sweet if we could have taken that counter the other way. I went Luiz 

11 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

who picked Willian lmao.

Personally gone for D.Luiz, thought he was fantastic tonight.

Typical, one vote for Willian, two for Morata, but you highlight only Willian. I don't remember Willian missing many one on ones.

29 minutes ago, coco said:

Typical, one vote for Willian, two for Morata, but you highlight only Willian. I don't remember Willian missing many one on ones.

Look at when i commented. There were about 4 votes in total at that point and none for Morata.

Typical people jumping to conclusions again :wink:

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Look at when i commented. There were about 4 votes in total at that point and none for Morata.

Typical people jumping to conclusions again :wink:

I cant tell what the poll state was when you posted, so i will have to take your word for it. But you could of posted in your last post "which two voted for Morata lmao" ? But you don't hate on Morata as much for some reason.

28 minutes ago, coco said:

I cant tell what the poll state was when you posted, so i will have to take your word for it. But you could of posted in your last post "which two voted for Morata lmao" ? But you don't hate on Morata as much for some reason.

I don't tend to come back into the MOTM threads once i've cast my vote. In future i'll check back in and comment on others opinions :wink:

As for your Morata comment, i'm sure people like @Slojo can tell you how much i hate on Morata. Even before he was signed as a Chelsea player i was hating on him. I think it was @pacquiao i used to disagree with the most on this forum about Morata, he's conveniently disappeared since Morata has been dog. 

So now we have @dkw and @yorkleyblue moaning that we as a forum moan too much and now @coco moaning i'm not moaning about enough people! :laugh2:

I don't tend to come back into the MOTM threads once i've cast my vote.

No don't get confused, you can moan about who you like, but you do use every opportunity to have a snidey little dig at Willian, who let me remind you has been a big part of us winning 2 league titles, and FA and league cups, a full house domestically. 

Chelsea Player of the Year: 2015–16

Chelsea Players' Player of the Year: 2015–16, 2017–18

So now we have @dkw and @yorkleyblue moaning that we as a forum moan too much

Can't speak for Dicky, but I only moan about a few specific people moaning without any reason or justification, just to have a go at their scapegoat player of the week/month/season/whatever, or to have a go at the club/board/manager/owner/tea lady/whatever. again without reason or logic. 

The forum as a whole I find to be a calming and satisfying place, full of decent, honest, upright Chelsea fans from around the world, most of whom have fine and perceptive insights into the world of football in general and Chelsea in particular.

And then there are the twats, wind-up merchants and idiots that we all know about.

Edited by yorkleyblue

33 minutes ago, coco said:

No don't get confused, you can moan about who you like, but you do use every opportunity to have a snidey little dig at Willian, who let me remind you has been a big part of us winning 2 league titles, and FA and league cups, a full house domestically. 

Chelsea Player of the Year: 2015–16

Chelsea Players' Player of the Year: 2015–16, 2017–18

Winning POTY in the two years we don't get Champions league football isn't really anything to brag about tbf. 

Although i acknowledge he's been a part of those squads to have won these accolades, i'd put him quite far down the list of starting 11 players that dragged us over the line when it mattered.

His best season at Chelsea has still been as an impact sub under Conte.

14 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I don't tend to come back into the MOTM threads once i've cast my vote. In future i'll check back in and comment on others opinions :wink:

As for your Morata comment, i'm sure people like @Slojo can tell you how much i hate on Morata. Even before he was signed as a Chelsea player i was hating on him. I think it was @pacquiao i used to disagree with the most on this forum about Morata, he's conveniently disappeared since Morata has been dog. 

So now we have @dkw and @yorkleyblue moaning that we as a forum moan too much and now @coco moaning i'm not moaning about enough people! :laugh2:

Yep, as far as I've known you've always disliked Morata so it's nothing new, it's the same with me and Bakayoko, I never wanted Bakayoko here so I was obviously more critical of him. 

But I think the others are right, you do use every opportunity to have a snidey dig at players you don't like that it goes overboard.

20 hours ago, Slojo said:

Yep, as far as I've known you've always disliked Morata so it's nothing new, it's the same with me and Bakayoko, I never wanted Bakayoko here so I was obviously more critical of him. 

But I think the others are right, you do use every opportunity to have a snidey dig at players you don't like that it goes overboard.

Slight difference, i have snide digs at players that underperform. Just so happens i dislike underperformers.

On 05/01/2019 at 00:10, RIP Mourinho said:

Slight difference, i have snide digs at players that underperform. Just so happens i dislike underperformers.

What you class as underperforming isn't what many others class as underperforming though... If Emerson has a bad game we won't hear a peep from you, but Alonso has one bad game and you're the first one in his thread making snide comments.