Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coco

Arsenal V Chelsea (PL) Sat 19th Jan 17:30 UK

3 hours ago, coco said:

At last, an easy game.

It should be easier because hopefully they won’t just sit in their own half and try to hit us on the counter. We can actually play our football and exploit space in behind them.

17 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

It should be easier because hopefully they won’t just sit in their own half and try to hit us on the counter. We can actually play our football and exploit space in behind them.

that was my drift

The board should have pulled out a deal for a striker before now. We need a striker for this game. I suppose we could go with the false 9, but not sure having hazard so ineffective will benefit us. He usually has good games vs Arsenal. 

Arsenal aren't exactly looking world beaters at the moment either but they do have far better attacking options than us at the moment, I'll be happy with a point, although that leaves the door open for Utd to be on our arse.  Spurs have an easy game so if we do manage to pull something out of the bag and get 3 points I will be most grateful given how tight it has got after today for 3rd and 4th place.

This is the match most important of the season for now . Fortunately there's a full week to prepare well it.

Perhaps the match schedule very busy of the last month affected the performances, because wasn't time to work on the mistakes.

It's so frustrating knowing that if we beat Leicester and Southampton we would be 3rd and 1 point behind City, 5 below Liverpool and 11 above Arsenal. I hate hindsight sometimes.

Winning this would be excellent and a huge weight off of our shoulders. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world, however we'll soon have United breathing down our necks.

A must win for Arsenal so maybe a counter attacking game might be the way forward.

21 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Arsenal's defence is sh*t and we should be able to pick them off on the counter, I would play CHO because of his pace and his ability to run at defenders.

Gooners away always tricky but we do look better away from home recently and I love the idea of letting CHO loose to run at that average defence. Let's hope Sarri plays it bold as otherwise you'll be able to hear the sigh of relief from Arsenal if we line up with the usual, predictable front 3. 

Massive game where we need the players to turn up. Presuming United will win so that will cut our lead down to 3 points. Given that we still have to play United, City and Liverpool away, that is a huge disadvantage. 

9 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Massive game where we need the players to turn up. Presuming United will win so that will cut our lead down to 3 points. Given that we still have to play United, City and Liverpool away, that is a huge disadvantage. 

on the flip side, the gooners will be desperate - that would mean that manure would be ahead of them & they can't lose this match - it's another London Derby & as we all know, expect the unexpected - just ask the gooners what happened in their last London Derby - turned their season on their heads

We need to try and get 3 points here. I would go with 

kepa 

azbi Rudi luiz alonso 

kante jorginho kovacic 

pedro hazard willian 

subs: caba, Christensen, Barkley, Emerson, giroud CHO, ampadu