Chelsea vs Spuds (PL) Wed 27th Feb 20:00 GMT

After the shift most of our team put in today - I can see very tired legs which should favor the Spurs. This is what I would like to see, but i can see us going 4-3-3 and playing the regulars.

CABALLERO

ZAPPA-CAHILL-CHRISTENSEN-ALONSO

ODOI-AMPADU-KOVACIC-R.L.CHEEKS

HIGUAIN-GIROUD

I hope Sarri swallows his pride and instructs the players to curb the expansive football and play narrow and defensive. We are in a fight for top 4 and a draw vs Spurs will go a long way for us.

Kepa

Azpi   Christensen   Luiz   Emerson

Jorginho

Kante         RLC

CHO     Higuain     Willian

If the club are really gonna try and play out this 'misunderstanding' nonsense then Kepa has to carry on starting. Christensen in for Rudiger to give him a rest. RLC deserves a start. Hazard rested after a long 120 mins up top on his own, can bring him on in the 60th if we're struggling.

We had 54% and 58% possession against them in the last two games (home and away).  Those kind of figures restrict Spuds to about 35 mins per game on the ball, but that means they are 55 minutes in defensive shape, that's why we struggle to score against teams we have more possession against. Last night we had the ball 39% and yet created as many if not more chances than with much more possession.

The team is very unstable and another loss against Spuds would be horrible, personally I prefer to win spuds every season every game over any other opponent.

But after so many shaky performances this season I can't expect the squad to show up and simply win and make it look easy.

Sarri should adapt for this game, make a 4-5-1 without a false 9 and play hard, start with RLC and CHO and put Higuain as the striker.

I would imagine that we see the same team that rolled out at Stamford Bridge against Tott in the league cup. Maybe RLC to start. He has shown time and time again that he needs to play. He just has to stay healthy:

kepa

Azpi Rudi Christensen Emerson

Kante Jorginho RLC

CHO Higuain Hazard

However, with the majority of that lineup having played 120 minutes (Azp, Rudi, Emerson, Kante, Jorgihno, Hazard) I could see some bit of rotating and wouldn't be surprised to see Alonso and Kovacic in the squad.

On second thoughts our "first 11" will be too knackered and we will need to set up to defend and counter.

Bulka

Ampadu

Cahill

christensen 

Alonso

Kova

Kante

RLC 

Willian

Giroud

CHO

Superman Kante only one of the 120 minute men to start.

It would be interesting to see who is going to be our goalkeeper, it seems like Sarri has got it wrong there but Kepa shouldn't do whatever he did. 

I'd like to see this starting lineup:

------------ Caballero -------------

Azpi - Rudiger - Christensen - Emerson

------ Kante ---- Jorginho -------

--------- Loftus-Cheek ---------

CHO --- Hazard --- Willian

I think Jorginho was good against City despite his penalty. Emerson must keep his place, RLC and CHO have to start.

COME ON CHELS!!!!

On second thoughts our "first 11" will be too knackered and we will need to set up to defend and counter.

Bulka

Ampadu
Cahill
christensen 
Alonso

Kova
Kante
RLC 

Willian
Giroud
CHO

Superman Kante only one of the 120 minute men to start.
Caballero deserve to start this.

2 hours ago, wallosh said:
15 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Caballero deserve to start this.

Why? Because he  couldn't come on Sunday? That's hardly "deserving", that's feeling sorry for  him and vindictive towards Kepa. Deserving is when you're better than the others, and Willy probably isn't.

We need to play our best team, no room for sentiments.