Fikayo Tomori

ForeverCarefree

• 4 weeks later...

Dangerous tackle there from Tomori. Horrendous on replay. Hopefully a one-off. 

Had a decent game yesterday, I think he is good but not what we need in the first team. 

Edited by zes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

after watching the u21 world cup, can safely say that I doubt he'll ever become a regular starting XI for us. SImply not good enough im afraid, despite all the hype as a youth player. he'll be following the likes of a Lewis Baker

20 hours ago, ENygma said:

after watching the u21 world cup, can safely say that I doubt he'll ever become a regular starting XI for us. SImply not good enough im afraid, despite all the hype as a youth player. he'll be following the likes of a Lewis Baker

Based off of one u21 tournament? Good job you aren't a scout, you'd let Messi slip through your fingers!

2 hours ago, Old Shaggy said:

Based off of one u21 tournament? Good job you aren't a scout, you'd let Messi slip through your fingers!

Well that tournament is pretty much the highest level he has played at, and he didnt do well there. 

• 1 month later...
On 07/08/2019 at 22:40, GhostOfDembaBa said:

Looks like he has a bit of the Billy Gallas about him. I was very much reminded of him watching that video, though obviously those are his best bits and they most come from the Championship. We can safely say he loves a tackle and he's fast. He also appears to be able to read the game.

14 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Looks like he has a bit of the Billy Gallas about him. I was very much reminded of him watching that video, though obviously those are his best bits and they most come from the Championship. We can safely say he loves a tackle and he's fast. He also appears to be able to read the game.

The Derby fans seem to have really taken to him. I had a quick read of a few of the threads on him and they rate him very highly apparently (I know Championship is a different level of course, but it's a positive sign.)

I noticed he looks very comfortable on the ball and is quite two-footed, as well. 

Who scored have tackling (v. Strong),, passing (strong) and interceptions (strong), as his strong points with aerial ability as his weakness, for what it's worth. 

40 minutes ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

Who scored have tackling (v. Strong),, passing (strong) and interceptions (strong), as his strong points with aerial ability as his weakness, for what it's worth. 

Well that's a pretty important weakness, if true, and that video hardly has any clips of him heading the ball. Christensen is also very weak in the air, so if they play together that could spell trouble.

Well that's a pretty important weakness, if true, and that video hardly has any clips of him heading the ball. Christensen is also very weak in the air, so if they play together that could spell trouble.
You don't need to be a good header of the ball if your team can hold the ball the entire game. That's a fact =). Rudi-Tomori or Zouma - Tomori could work especially against weaker opponents.

14 minutes ago, evissy said:
6 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

You don't need to be a good header of the ball if your team can hold the ball the entire game. That's a fact =). Rudi-Tomori or Zouma - Tomori could work especially against weaker opponents.

But in english football there will always be free kicks and corners that have to defended aerially. We now have a keeper that is a bit up and down on aerial challenges and two of our defenders are weak in the air. In fact i don't even think Rudi is brilliant aerially, he also has his moments.

22 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Really needs to stop making a habit of jumping in two footed to tackles. Just gonna end up getting himself sent off or break someones leg one day.

I actually think Rudiger is bad for this as well, he has a tendency to jump in with both legs, in an almost a scissor motion when he’s charging to make a tackle, it gives me the fear. 

You have to think of defenders in two scenarios, defending deep with no ball, defending the center circle with the ball. After watching Tomori plenty last season i reckon he is suited to defending high up the pitch more than deeper. Whereas i think the opposite of Rudiger and Luiz, who both got rumbled badly defending center circles.