8 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Only  saw highlights. Those who saw it are saying he did he great.

He got booked early in the first, was a silly sliding challenge not nasty just a bit late and looked dangerous.

Apart from that he appeared excellent especially in marshalling Salah.

Quickly becoming one of my favorite players.  He appears to have so much ability (pace, power, reading, technical) that he makes the game look easy.  Doesn't necessarily align with the defensive record, but a stalwart in the making here.

You only have to see him play for 5 mins to tell he’s real class. Fantastically quick, great ability to intercept, very very comfortable with the ball. Didn’t quite appreciate just how good he was. Has to be first choice alongside Rudi (& the sooner he’s back, the better). 

7 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

He got booked early in the first, was a silly sliding challenge not nasty just a bit late and looked dangerous.

Then he show a lot of maturity to complete the 90 minutes without anymore silly mistakes that resulted in a second yellow.

Don't see it becoming a problem but we need to give him a long-term contract to sign. His current one runs out in 2021.

Really put more experienced players in Zouma & Christensen to shame with his performances. Should be one of the first names on the teamsheet now.

I was at the Player of the Year dinner a few years ago where he was voted Best Young Player.  The buzz around the room that night from everyone at the club was that he really was the real deal, and had the most chance of making it to the top of all of that crop of very talented youngsters.

Lad looks like a proper pro.

I think he will grow into a fine player. He is only 21 years old, he has a lot of time to improve and learn. I really like his partnership with Zouma. I think they just might be our best partnership when Rudiger is unavailable. Christensen's tackle yesterday which led to them scoring annoyed me. It was an unnecessary challenge to make on the edge of the box. 

Wow just wow pocketed Salah all game, we Keep going in about buying CB we have one ready made just needs games. I was absolutely shocked how good he was yesterday did the simple things well and that's a sign of a great CB don't be fancy just do your job and man what a Job he did.

Everyone hyping about mount and CHO, but this guy right here might just be the next superstar he was phenomenal yesterday...take a bow son take a bow

Surprised how well he's doing at Chelsea, watched him a lot at Derby and he was a very reactionary defender, seems to be much better at reading the game now.

That said, the tackle that got him booked was still so unnecessary. Even if he didn't touch Henderson it was still late and dangerous. He got lucky last season against Leeds and other teams with very late two footed tackles. Needs to cut that out his game.

46 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Surprised how well he's doing at Chelsea, watched him a lot at Derby and he was a very reactionary defender, seems to be much better at reading the game now.

That said, the tackle that got him booked was still so unnecessary. Even if he didn't touch Henderson it was still late and dangerous. He got lucky last season against Leeds and other teams with very late two footed tackles. Needs to cut that out his game.

If he didn't even touch Henderson, it wasn't even a foul, let alone a booking

40 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

If he didn't even touch Henderson, it wasn't even a foul, let alone a booking

More the fact he sprinted and jumped in off the ground when the ball was long gone, just no need to put himself in that kind of position. 

An inch to the side and he's breaking someones leg. 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

More the fact he sprinted and jumped in off the ground when the ball was long gone, just no need to put himself in that kind of position. 

An inch to the side and he's breaking someones leg. 

coulda, woulda,  shoulda, mate :)  I take the point, but I was more pissed off at Henderson's ridiculous dive, (And Salah's in the area as well and the effeminate way Wynaldum ran into Dave for their second goal.)

8 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

coulda, woulda,  shoulda, mate 🙂 I take the point, but I was more pissed off at Henderson's ridiculous dive, (And Salah's in the area as well and the effeminate way Wynaldum ran into Dave for their second goal.)

How that was a foul is beyond me Dave was in the air was when Wynaldrum ran into him...dodgy decision from dodgy ref

Love what I’m seeing from Tomori.  Didn’t expect him to be so good.

But I still think we need to sign another CB.  Rüdiger paired with Tomori should pay dividends, but the second Rüdiger’s pace goes, he will be a complete liability - don’t think he reads the game well enough or has the best positioning, relies on his pace to bail himself out.  Works great for now.  And like someone mentioned, Christensen seems to be playing a bit soft.  I think he reads the game just fine, but not a long term solution in my opinion, based on the product he’s put on the pitch this season.  And Zouma, well, he hasn’t been as bad as some make him out to be, but another one that isn’t a long term solution at the back.

6 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Love what I’m seeing from Tomori.  Didn’t expect him to be so good.

But I still think we need to sign another CB.  Rüdiger paired with Tomori should pay dividends, but the second Rüdiger’s pace goes, he will be a complete liability - don’t think he reads the game well enough or has the best positioning, relies on his pace to bail himself out.  Works great for now.  And like someone mentioned, Christensen seems to be playing a bit soft.  I think he reads the game just fine, but not a long term solution in my opinion, based on the product he’s put on the pitch this season.  And Zouma, well, he hasn’t been as bad as some make him out to be, but another one that isn’t a long term solution at the back.

One of the two should be good. They are both better than lovren in my opinion and no one even knows who citehs 4th cb is. Our injuries this season aren't being highlighted for me. 

Our two best midfielders and best defender have been injured most of the year. Add that to Reece James and cho and we are seriously depleted. 

If Liverpool were missing van dijk and Henderson as well as wijnaldon not playing all season with Gomez and TAA then going off injured after 40 minutes, I have no doubt we'd have beaten them. 

Edited by bisright1

On 17/04/2019 at 14:38, RIP Mourinho said:

Should probably make the move permanent and try to get Derby promoted. Not good enough for Chelsea, but a great signing for a Championship club. Still incredibly reactionary and read the game average at best.

I disagree 😉

Tomori seemed to go under the radar compared to our other youngsters. All the talk was about Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Tammy and James and there was talk of Tomori going back out on loan

He's certainly looking good right now and doesn't look out of place playing for us