1 minute ago, Slojo said:

Solid performance, did he even do anything wrong? 

Not much wrong at all, impressive display.  Even the times where he allowed their attackers to get in behind on a run, his blistering pace allowed him to mop it up.

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

No.

Any more questions :biggrin: ?

Can he grow an inch or two still or is that him done?

He was dwarfed by the Brighton players in the box. That's the only thing that's a bit worrying. 

Set piece defending from the team awful again btw. Lucky they didn't score from s couple. 

Edited by GhostOfDembaBa

12 hours ago, Slojo said:

Solid performance, did he even do anything wrong? 

I am a fan of Tomori so do not get me wrong but he and the rest of the defence had an easy ride of it today. He was not given the chance to do anything wrong.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I am a fan of Tomori so do not get me wrong but he and the rest of the defence had an easy ride of it today. He was not given the chance to do anything wrong.

Not really, Alonso was beaten a few times and Tomori covered him every single time and reclaimed the ball, it was definitely far from his biggest challenge but he did everything right, something where if Zouma was in his position I think we would have leaked a goal. 

6 hours ago, Slojo said:

Not really, Alonso was beaten a few times and Tomori covered him every single time and reclaimed the ball, it was definitely far from his biggest challenge but he did everything right, something where if Zouma was in his position I think we would have leaked a goal. 

One on one I felt Alonso dealt well, he just got caught bombing forward and we would give the ball away cheaply. Then Tomori intercepted the ball well on those occasions.

Doing the fundamentals right.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

One on one I felt Alonso dealt well, he just got caught bombing forward and we would give the ball away cheaply. Then Tomori intercepted the ball well on those occasions.

Doing the fundamentals right.

Alonso didn't necessarily have a bad game, Willian ignores him many times when he was free on the overlap, but I think Tomori did what he was needed and of course expected to. 

I can't really say the same for Kurt if he would have been in those positions at the right time. 

13 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Only a matter of time before he's called up to England if you ask me. Got all the tools to go on and become a world-class CB.

Absolutely. If he stays fit I can't see how he isn't called up next international break. Our centre backs for England are ropey. 

1 minute ago, bisright1 said:

Absolutely. If he stays fit I can't see how he isn't called up next international break. Our centre backs for England are ropey. 

England have some very average centre backs at the minute when it’s traditionally an area where we’re strongest. 

31 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Qualifies for Canada by birth and Nigeria too. England will have to make a decision sooner rather than later, then again he may fancy representing his home country at its own World Cup.

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Alonso didn't necessarily have a bad game, Willian ignores him many times when he was free on the overlap, but I think Tomori did what he was needed and of course expected to. 

I can't really say the same for Kurt if he would have been in those positions at the right time. 

He is our best defender already imo. Bar none. James will be in contention for that soon though.

7 minutes ago, charierre said:

Qualifies for Canada by birth and Nigeria too. England will have to make a decision sooner rather than later, then again he may fancy representing his home country at its own World Cup.

Southgate needs to act soon on him and Tammy.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Only a matter of time before he's called up to England if you ask me. Got all the tools to go on and become a world-class CB.

He's absolute quality. I think he's our best CB bar none, although I'm aware there could be a dip in form round the corner. Sometimes you start off great before you plateau and find your true level. This happens quite a lot but I don't expect it to happen here. The guy's a thoroughbred by the looks of it. What I will say is that he'll need to play alongside a big strong commanding CB in order to truly flourish, a bit like Gallas did alongside JT. Rudiger is going to be a good partner for him but I can only imagine what he'd be like alongside someone like Van Dijk. 

If he continues to play well and Rudi stays fit it will put the club in a bit of a predicament as to what level of centre back we go for in the summer. Rudi, Tomori, Christensen & one more will be a good 4 to have.

I think Zouma will go to Everton and Christensen might well try force a move after time though. Ampadu I feel will end up as a midfielder. The situation with City just shows you need quality rotation options. 

Edited by rtwelch