22 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

If he continues to play well and Rudi stays fit it will put the club in a bit of a predicament as to what level of centre back we go for in the summer. Rudi, Tomori, Christensen & one more will be a good 4 to have.

I think Zouma will go to Everton and Christensen might well try force a move after time though. Ampadu I feel will end up as a midfielder. The situation with City just shows you need quality rotation options. 

I still think Lampard rates Zouma quite a bit and he'll be starting against Lille Midweek.

On 28/09/2019 at 18:46, Munkworth said:

I think he and Christensen compliment each other nicely too. 

He needs a good song!

I agree, they would be my starting CB’s when both are fit. As much as people laud Rudi, he is partial to a brain fart a bit too often for me. Tomori - Christensen is the most composed pairing we have in my opinion.

He`s getting better each game, its great to see him taking control of the defence also. I really hope he becomes that voice we need in the team as I still worry we are much too passive as a squad with no real leadership to call on. Rudiger should hopefully help when he returns.

14 hours ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

I still think Lampard rates Zouma quite a bit and he'll be starting against Lille Midweek.

I hope thats wrong. Zouma, along with Barkley shouldn't be starting another game for us this season

3 hours ago, dkw said:

He`s getting better each game, its great to see him taking control of the defence also. I really hope he becomes that voice we need in the team as I still worry we are much too passive as a squad with no real leadership to call on. Rudiger should hopefully help when he returns.

James will too when he replaces Dave.

I wasn't too familiar with Fikayo, but man that kid can freaking run! It is so nice to have CB that can run and one that has pace. Also, this dude is turning into our best CB and I didn't think that he would even make the squad to begin the year. He is another kid that is making me even more excited for the future with Frank as boss

On 30/09/2019 at 21:17, chiefBlueCFC said:

I wasn't too familiar with Fikayo, but man that kid can freaking run! It is so nice to have CB that can run and one that has pace. Also, this dude is turning into our best CB and I didn't think that he would even make the squad to begin the year. He is another kid that is making me even more excited for the future with Frank as boss

Agree and there is a school of thought developing that when he is playing we can even afford to play Alonso at Left Back too.

On 30/09/2019 at 00:26, GhostOfDembaBa said:

I really hope not. Tomori needs more big game experience, and there's nowhere better than the champions league.

On 30/09/2019 at 12:30, dkw said:

IMO Jorginho is that voice at the moment. I think Reece James and Rudiger will contribute when they're up to full fitness.

I'd like to see more from Tammy though, it was great having Drogba's personality up top back in the day. Wish Tammy could step up and boss people about like that.

23 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I'd like to see more from Tammy though, it was great having Drogba's personality up top back in the day. Wish Tammy could step up and boss people about like that.

Drogba took a while to start commanding the front line, he used to go down a lot, eventually he realised he better stay on his feet and stop looking like a big girls blouse.

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

IMO Jorginho is that voice at the moment. I think Reece James and Rudiger will contribute when they're up to full fitness.

Good point on Jorginho, he has certainly took more of a leaders role this season and has looked better for it. 

Selling Luiz turned out to be a bit of a masterstroke by Lampard didn't it.

Opened up the path to the XI for Tomori who is much better already and who for me got the potential to become a world-class CB.

34 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Opened up the path to the XI for Tomori who is much better already and who for me got the potential to become a world-class CB.

and made Arsenal's back four more a liability than it already was!

5 hours ago, Sindre said:

Maybe Luiz may have asked to leave because Frank mentioned that Tomori will be taking plenty of his minutes off him!

9 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

A dodgy last 5 minutes, but apart from that, I thought he was excellent again today.

Was brilliant until then, but those two moments were huge mistakes. Good thing Kepa was sharp in goal last night.

He's been outstanding when defending 1-on-1. No one can get the better of him and I actually feel very comfortable when I see him in those situations knowing that he wont be beaten. It's been a long time since I've felt so confident in one of our centre backs in 1-on-1 situations. Brilliant talent.

A couple of silly mistakes at the end, but nothing serious that he wont learn from.

I think he owes Kepa one after a couple of incredible saves, cant imagine how much the errors would've hindered his development mentally and limit his footballing potential. A few posters drew parallels with the error Christensen made against Barca and how it has impacted his performances and confidence, I think he has regained the lost confidence however from a footballing perspective he plays it a lot safer than before.

p.s. I still maintain that Courtois should've saved that dived to the left far too early.

Got some real praise from Rio Ferdinand in the studio yesterday.

Also reports that he's expected to be in the England-squad alongside Mount and Tammy Abraham for the upcoming games now. Well deserved indeed.