Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

15 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

2 clear cut chances against Hull and nobody can finish. 3rd chance in a big break away, nobody shoots the ball and the attack is ruined. Frank is correct, you as usually, are wrong. 

In probably our most profligate match for a while, we had 5 chances and scored 2. You'll find the word profligate on google.

23 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

In probably our most profligate match for a while, we had 5 chances and scored 2. You'll find the word profligate on google.

That's against Hull. When will you make a statement that isn't 100% wrong? Still waiting 😄

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Got to say Dean I respect how level headed you've been lately, I know it must be frustrating to see us lot lose our heads. 

Thanks, Slojo. Trying to keep my natural impulses in check, see through the negatives, and not extrapolate the current admittedly uninspiring run of form. I may well be wrong and this Lampard experiment may yet fail. But we’re still very much in the ‘teething problems’ zone for me and a long way from the ‘crisis’ zone. I reckon we could lose these next three big games and still be in the same zone. It’d test my optimism for sure. I think last season is instructive here. Worth remembering that things looked really bad at one point - the nadir for me was the FA cup game against Man U when Sarri brought Zappacosta on. I defended Sarri throughout last season but capitulated momentarily at that point. We’re still a few bad games in a row from that sort of situation. And we managed to pull ourselves out of that, got 3rd (ok the other teams fumbled badly but still) and won the Europa League. That’s basically how I’m looking at it.

8 minutes ago, Dean said:

Thanks, Slojo. Trying to keep my natural impulses in check, see through the negatives, and not extrapolate the current admittedly uninspiring run of form. I may well be wrong and this Lampard experiment may yet fail. But we’re still very much in the ‘teething problems’ zone for me and a long way from the ‘crisis’ zone. I reckon we could lose these next three big games and still be in the same zone. It’d test my optimism for sure. I think last season is instructive here. Worth remembering that things looked really bad at one point - the nadir for me was the FA cup game against Man U when Sarri brought Zappacosta on. I defended Sarri throughout last season but capitulated momentarily at that point. We’re still a few bad games in a row from that sort of situation. And we managed to pull ourselves out of that, got 3rd (ok the other teams fumbled badly but still) and won the Europa League. That’s basically how I’m looking at it.

I must admit I lost my head on the Arsenal game, I should've just logged off, it's what I usually used to do when we had our bad patches. But that Arsenal game really stung, probably the worst I've felt this season and we didn't even lose, it was just the embarrassment that got to me. 

26 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I must admit I lost my head on the Arsenal game, I should've just logged off, it's what I usually used to do when we had our bad patches. But that Arsenal game really stung, probably the worst I've felt this season and we didn't even lose, it was just the embarrassment that got to me. 

Dont feel bad Slojo, it got to me as well. Like you that game burned me. Came at the end of a really crappy day. Got my ray of light from dave snatched away. So I ended up venting my frustrations and posted some tripe on here.

On the plus side I could begin to feel calmer and move forward without it impacting my home life.

On the negative side I get labelled as one of the "super fans" on here. Is the price you pay if you let the negative emotions and frustration get the better of your common sense.

Like you said though Kudos to Dean who not only keeps a level head on here, but does not seem to go out of his way to pan people, whether they deserve it or not.

We are good at:
Holding onto the ball
Winning the ball back in advanced positions
Creating chances

We need to improve:
Creating from back
Finishing

We are bad at:
Set pieces
Defending at back and inside the box

We need to train:
Set pieces
Defending tactics

We need to buy quality in some areas of the pitch.

We need to be patient.

On 24/01/2020 at 17:59, ducavis said:

There is this mythical idea that Willian is  having a good season, stats say something different.

Willian 1714mins : 4 goals + 4 assists

FFS, can we just stop this bollocks?  Willian is doing what he does, and has always done

willian.JPG

Are the first tiny cracks appearing in Franks bullish facade, the near begging for new blood is admirable, whilst we sit on this forum and bemoan a lack of activity, all we get to witness is the application of a handbrake, and then Franks frustration is there for us all to see, come on CFC bloody do something, we should of been on this as soon as the ban was lifted, now we're jostling for the same players as Manyoo and Spuds!

I would rather we secure our main targets, even if we have to wait until the summer, than scramble after lesser alternatives for quick signings. I don't want a bunch more Zappacosta/Drinkwater signings. They will still be expensive and won't improve the squad. That being said if we don't sign anybody this window I would hope that the club also lowers expectations for the rest of the season when it comes to Frank. He can only do so much with the available players.

4 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Are the first tiny cracks appearing in Franks bullish facade, the near begging for new blood is admirable, whilst we sit on this forum and bemoan a lack of activity, all we get to witness is the application of a handbrake, and then Franks frustration is there for us all to see, come on CFC bloody do something, we should of been on this as soon as the ban was lifted, now we're jostling for the same players as Manyoo and Spuds!

Expect he wanted Cavani and that conversation is going on with Atletico, then went for Dembele yet perhaps other parties involved so a bidding situation is developing.

Wonder if this decides Giroud's fate too. 

I Suppose We Can't Really Grumble At Our Board, They've Been Like This For A Good Few Season's Now Always Digging Their Feet In The Sand, The Team Does Definitely Need An Injection Of Players, But Ultimately I See Lampard Maybe Getting 1 Or 2 In The Summer

The Board Is Probably Looking At Loans Rather Than Permanent Transfers At This Current Time

I would rather land some players on the short term to help secure top 4. I never expected us to be fighting for top 4 but now we are the club will regret it if they dont secure signings and we miss out. I just can't see Abraham being enough fighting for 3 comps, we might get away with the lack of creativity if RLC and Pulisic are back soon.

34 minutes ago, Jackson27 said:

I Suppose We Can't Really Grumble At Our Board, They've Been Like This For A Good Few Season's Now Always Digging Their Feet In The Sand, The Team Does Definitely Need An Injection Of Players, But Ultimately I See Lampard Maybe Getting 1 Or 2 In The Summer

The Board Is Probably Looking At Loans Rather Than Permanent Transfers At This Current Time

Frank did seem to hint that a loan signing was the most realistic at this point. My only concern with loan signings is that usually means a player who is surplus to requirements elsewhere so either older, out of form, or both. 

Even though things aren't going as well as they were a couple of months ago I'm still enjoying this first season under Frank. We might me underperforming slightly at the moment, but I believe we were overachieving before. Our entire squad (including Frank and Jody) will learn from this. We shouldn't forget that even though Frank is experienced as a player in the premier league, being the manager is a whole different matter. He had a decent season at Derby, but suddenly he has to manage champions league games and big players.

A lot has been said about Kante and whether or not he should be starting. I for one don't blame lamps for 'shoehorning' one of the world's best players into the side. He knows we'll need Kante at his best if we want to challenge for the major honors.

With a bit of patience and backing from the fans I believe Frank will figure it all out, and we'll be much better next season. We just need to make sure we scrape through this difficult period so we can make top 4.

9 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Helping cement our top 4 is paramount, if we miss out of CL (even though i detest the grotesque thing it has become), it'll be even harder to attract better players, cant believe this doesn't seem to be the hierarchies main aim..

I don't think it will be as hard as people think, Arsenal have managed to sign Pepe and Auba while out of it AND with no recent history of even a title challenge.

Take Sancho for example. If we're fighting Real and Barca for him we most likely haven't got a snowball in hells chance even if we win the CL, but if it's between us and United I would fancy our chances even if they somehow pipped us to 4th.

The bigger question will be could we financially afford to go as big, but I think players who wouldn't want to come to us wouldn't regardless likewise players who see us as an option still will.

Edited by Argo

2 minutes ago, Argo said:

I don't think it will be as hard as people think, Arsenal have managed to sign Pepe and Auba while out of it AND with no recent history of even a title challenge.

Take Sancho for example. If we're fighting Real and Barca for him we most likely haven't got a snowball in hells chance even if we win the CL, but if it's between us and United I would fancy our chances even if they somehow pipped us to 4th.

The bigger question will be could we financially afford to go as big, but I think players who wouldn't want to come to us wouldn't regardless likewise players who see us as an option still will.

Well put, Manyoo are linked to every player who could conceivably be available, whilst whatever people say aren't showing much in this window, i know there are the huge 'Jim White' jamboree to come, but what are we showing Lamps and some worthy backup, trouble is again the lack of noise from upstairs, we know there is the Hazard/Morata etc money to spend, so does everyone one else.