Itsintheblood89

Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

It looked to me as if the ball brushed pass his arm without an obvious deflection. How can that be a handball, no way is that a handball in any other part of 5he pitch.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Doesn't matter if it's accidental anymore. If it leads to a goal, then it's handball.

That’s true but the brush against the arm had no bearing on the goal. It’s not handball at any other time or place in the matc(. Why did they bring this rule in, it’s madness.

What's the point of VAR if it's used selectively? City denied a clear pen in the first half.

The Llorente goal that knocked City out of the Champions League was cleared by VAR despite a handball.

Ridiculous. 2 games into the season and I already can't stand VAR.

Yeah that was silly.

Teams will have to start holding their celebrations until after the VAR-check at this point. Takes away a bit from the game that for me.

I made a post earlier that this var technology would suck the fun out of football, when it goes for you great but when a call like that goes against you, you will feel sick. Part of football is the passion the differences in opinions when there is a bad call..that's what makes football fun as much as I get upset when calls go against Chelsea it's what football is about. Goal line technology is the limit for me...

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

How long until attacking players kick the ball at defenders hands on purpose. 

The worst thing about this rule change is that it doesnt apply for penalties. Any accidental handball in the build up to a goal is a free kick, but if the is an accidental handball that stips a goal or chance, then its play on.

Watch the wolves goal that was disallowed last week. Unbelievably harsh. 

3 minutes ago, goose said:

That’s true but the brush against the arm had no bearing on the goal. It’s not handball at any other time or place in the matc(. Why did they bring this rule in, it’s madness.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47429316

The changes mean gaining control or possession and then scoring as a consequence of handling the ball will not be allowed - neither will a goal scored directly from handling the ball, regardless of intent.

VAR Video Assists Redteams.

All part of the plan to crown Liverpool champions. They could not do it on their own so now it is used to do City in, as will as robbing attacking players of the benefit of the doubt like with Pulisic and Mount just for kicks.

One rule for the reds, one rule for the rest of us.

Just now, big blue said:

The worst thing about this rule change is that it doesnt apply for penalties. Any accidental handball in the build up to a goal is a free kick, but if the is an accidental handball that stips a goal or chance, then its play on.

Yep, that is the problem with the rule, it should apply both ways.

3 minutes ago, Brutos said:

I made a post earlier that this var technology would suck the fun out of football, when it goes for you great but when a call like that goes against you, you will feel sick. Part of football is the passion the differences in opinions when there is a bad call..that's what makes football fun as much as I get upset when calls go against Chelsea it's what football is about. Goal line technology is the limit for me...

Amen to that.

I thought VAR was meant to be for clear and obvious errors, not for the barely discernible contact even in super-slow motion  

I think in situations like that, the ref on the pitch should be asked to review the images and make a call, the way they've done it in FIFA tournaments. If you don't do that, the ref on the pitch basically loses his authority and that'll be bad for the game.

But as many have said about VAR, it'll not remove inconsistencies in decision making, we've just got a couple of anonymous people now making critical decisions instead of the referee in charge of the game.

I'm not a fan of how it's been applied so far. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Yep, that is the problem with the rule, it should apply both ways.

Rule change is stupid to begin with, but to do it this way is a joke.

I dont even understand the need to change it. Surely with VAR now checking every goal, they can check for any deliberate handball. Shouldve just stayed as it was. 

It was ball to hand, accidental. I'd prefer human error to this, sucks the joy out of the immediate aftermath of a goal, imagine scoring what we think is a CL winning goal only for it to be chalked off a minute later for a ball to hand?

For sure have an extra pair of eyes in the studio to flag up obvious errors IMMEDIATELY so there's no minute celebrations for nothing, but little things like ball to hand or whether an inch of a player's dick is offside getting called back a whole minute after celebration is too much.

It will ruin the game if this carry's on.

14 minutes ago, big blue said:

That can't be true, surely. If it is then that's unbelievable, var will kill my interest in football, you just know were gonna be on the wrong end of it in a massive game this season. 

4 minutes ago, Argo said:

It was ball to hand, accidental. I'd prefer human error to this, sucks the joy out of the immediate aftermath of a goal, imagine scoring what we think is a CL winning goal only for it to be chalked off a minute later for a ball to hand?

For sure have an extra pair of eyes in the studio to flag up obvious errors IMMEDIATELY so there's no minute celebrations for nothing, but little things like ball to hand or whether an inch of a player's dick is offside getting called back a whole minute after celebration is too much.

100% agree. It can't continue to be done this way.

Because then soon enough there is going to be no immidiate celebrations from players or supporters before the var-check because everyone is going to be anxious about any kind of handball or other situations in the build up.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I think the decision was fair. No goal should be scored from a handball, even if it is accidental. I would be furious if we conceded a goal from that. 

But it wasn't a handball, that's the point. A handball is a moverment of a hand towards a ball with intent, that was none of that. 

How far does this handball thing go back. Had that brush against the arm went to Sterling who then past it to Jesus who then scored, would that have been disallowed.

So VAR works to disallow a goal for handball but it does not work when a clear penalty is committed in the sh*telane area. That's a joke of VAR use.